Shinzo Abe has been killed | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shinzo Abe has been killed

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't know if you habe heard it but former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe was shot and killed.

He was a member of Nippon Kaigi, the fascist lobby, so I will not mourn him.

But this is going to change Japan FOREVER!

So we should talk about it.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if you habe heard it but former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe was shot and killed.

He was a member of Nippon Kaigi, the fascist lobby, so I will not mourn him.

But this is going to change Japan FOREVER!

So we should talk about it.
Public figures from the government are probably never going to have speeches this easily accessible in public again. Post-WW2 Japan takes serious action anytime something outlandish happens. You'll rarely see a trash can in public spaces due to the sarin gas attack of '95. Borders are still mostly closed to individuals for tourism (though you can do package / group tours for whatever reason) due to COVID.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Public figures from the government are probably never going to have speeches this easily accessible in public again. Post-WW2 Japan takes serious action anytime something outlandish happens. You'll rarely see a trash can in public spaces due to the sarin gas attack of '95. Borders are still mostly closed to individuals for tourism (though you can do package / group tours for whatever reason) due to COVID.
Yeah my first thoughts were actually around how the German media mostly avoid calling the Nippon Kaigi by name and how cringe it is for a Social Democrat like Olaf Scholz to express his "deep sadness", because that's not how he's supposed to feel. Shocked, sure, "honoring a great statesman" for the protocol, sure. But sadness is not what a
Social Democrat should feel here.

Whatever, what I am thinking now is ohhh shit.

The RAF might be the trauma the political left will have succumbed from in the long run.

Considering what Abe has been all about, right wing policies, liberal economics, nationalism, returning the self defense force to an actual army...

Regardless of the actual motives of the assassin, which afaik are still not clear, this looks like something a left wing extremist would do and elections are soon...

We don't need anyone to pick that narrative up ever again. It's not a revolution when crazed psychopaths commit random murder.