The Cricket Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Cricket Thread

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I noticed we didn't have a thread for the sport that is Cricket, so I have made one.
Here I hope we can discuss Test Matches, One Day Internationals, Twenty20's and everything else that goes along with the sport of Cricket! I hope you guys can enjoy this one :)

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So, the Cricket World Cup wrapped up last Sunday with one of the host nations, my home country Australia taking it out.
I found it to be a somewhat one-sided win for Australia, with New Zealand, the other finalists, only holding up a little bit of a fight in the match. Overall I found the tournament to be a good one, with some classic matches and innings in there.
The tournament saw two high scores by a single batter in the World Cup from the West Indies' Chris Gayle and New Zealand's Martin Guptil.
We had Australian pace bowler Mitchell Starc crowned man of the tournament for taking 22 wickets, and overall a great atmosphere at every match.
I found it to be possibly one of the best World Cups in history for Cricket, albeit it only being the 11th Cricket World Cup.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
surprised this thread is so dead given that the Ashes was a little while ago, anyway im really looking forward to South Africa's tour of India

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
surprised this thread is so dead given that the Ashes was a little while ago, anyway im really looking forward to South Africa's tour of India
The Ashes weren't too much to write home about for me seeing Australia lost :(
The South African tour of India has been interesting to keep tabs on so far. I especially enjoyed the last ODI match between the two teams.
I'm looking forward to the Australia and New Zealand Test Series which starts on Thursday. I think it'll be a fairly even test series with Australia coming out on top, even though we're rebuilding.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Its been a pretty terrible 12months for cricket South Africa, but hopefully we will destroy England in the up coming ODI matches

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well this latest series between India and Australia were very inflammatory.Hope both teams had avoided this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Champions Trophy already entered the semi-finals.Hope it will be good cricket.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bumping this with anticipation of the upcoming IPL and WC thread... anyone still interested?

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
World Cup is on and no one cares :(

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey @Shasha23

I am guessing you support South Africa, not the best tournament for them so far... they've also been a bit unlucky with player injuries and retirements....

On the cup so far, I thought England had the best chance till their loss.