Year Round - The Football/Soccer Thread v4 | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v4

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Lampard, oh Lampard.

Tuchel with those young players is a worry. Hopefully they will get Gerrard and I can enjoy some wonderful drama instead.
That's all the football enjoyment an Arsenal fan can wish to have nowadays right :( ?

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Pretty much. But he is a hero to us, so you can forgive me for some grief.

In any case, him, Ole and Mikel were all in the same boat. One already has a trophy, the other one is leading the league, so I can see why they dropped him but Chelsea have no patience.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Top premier League clubs are generally impatient but Chelsea are the worst. They should've given him until the end of the season to collect a trophy/place well in the league. He was building a good culture, one that fit himself AND the club...despite the results. Now they have to start again, with a manager that doesn't understand the club the way Lampard would.

Such a shame...

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Marina runs the place, and from what is coming out they fell out over Kepa and Rice. Once you begin to fall out with her, it seems that's the beginning of the end.

It would have been karmic if we find out the players had a part too. Lampard and his cohort became professional manager sackers.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's what I've heard as well. Wherever possible directors and the board need to be accomodating their manager but also as a manager you can't have a keeper worth £70m and not at least try to build their confidence after shit performances. Maybe he did give it (what he believed) was enough time. I think his instance to get Declan Rice was because he probably wants to see more english talent at big clubs, given the chance to shine. But Rice isn't doing badly at West Ham and is a regular for the England squad anyway.

Lets see what starts to leak out now that he's gone. Apparently he turned down the opportunity to say goodbye to the players too.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Kepa was in one of the craziest spirals ive seen in a player. He completely collapsed. The mental toll and anguish must have been immense. So it could be he didn't do enough for him, at the same time, after Sarri, does anyone have any pity for Kepa? Especially those who came from outside like Lampard, he probably never had a good impression of him.

Its clear the manager doesn't dictate, and Tuchel is a touchy character. I think he will make at least 2-3 seasons though.

Also, nice to see Liverpool joining us in our relegation battle. Only 4 points now.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Whelp. Take club footballs capitalist greed, sprinkle the worst aspects of American sports and voila.

I'm torn though, my disdain and dislike of Uefa is really really making this hard for me.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whelp. Take club footballs capitalist greed, sprinkle the worst aspects of American sports and voila.

I'm torn though, my disdain and dislike of Uefa is really really making this hard for me.
I'm glad the whole thing fizzled out quickly but Real Madrid or let's say Perez is not letting this go.

UEFA definitely have their own interest at heart with this, same with FIFA and any other bodies that came out so quickly against this. From what I understand the founding clubs would be taking a larger cut of the tournament profits without having it go through bodies like UEFA and considering these are some of the best historical and most watched teams, that's a majority of their income (UEFA) gone. So for the owners, it was a quick way to make money but for football itself, this isn't something I'd want.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Some absolutely insane images coming out of Mexico tonight...

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Just horrifying. Absolutely hate "ultras". They are simply insane. No excuses.

But yeah, if this can happen in their own league, it just simply isn't professional and safe enough to hold World Cup matches there.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Just horrifying. Absolutely hate "ultras". They are simply insane. No excuses.

But yeah, if this can happen in their own league, it just simply isn't professional and safe enough to hold World Cup matches there.
I mean we had Brazil->Russia->Qatar right before. It's not about being safe and professional.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well true enough. It's about money.

Qatar should be cancelled as well, but that's not gonna happen due the oil money shoveled at FIFA.

But I don't know, I think US and Canada could cover for Mexico. I doubt Mexico has that much invested in it.

But feel definetly not counting on it or FIFA. I was actually positively surprised with the Russia ban.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That Real Madrid vs PSG game might be the best game all year. Think it will even be better than the eventual Champions League final.

Benzema is nuts.