Games - The Game Recommendation Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Game Recommendation Thread

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone recommend me getting Paint the Town Red? It looks fun beating people up to the point where you're the Last Man Standing, but at the same time, I don't know if I'd want to get a game that is still in its Early Access stage since October 2015.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does anyone recommend me getting Paint the Town Red? It looks fun beating people up to the point where you're the Last Man Standing, but at the same time, I don't know if I'd want to get a game that is still in its Early Access stage since October 2015.
Well, it's fun for sure, but in my opinion it's a little stale since nothing much gets added very often, and there isn't much replay ability.

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it's fun for sure, but in my opinion it's a little stale since nothing much gets added very often, and there isn't much replay ability.
I see, so it's not worth picking up the game, or at least not until it's on sale.
Thanks.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I see, so it's not worth picking up the game, or at least not until it's on sale.
Thanks.
Don't know much about this game specifically, but I'd say it'd probably be worth picking up if you want whether it's on sale or not. Regular price is $10.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just bought myself the Astroneers Early Access on Steam and I have to say it's a lot of fun. Great game to play solo or with friends, and there's still so much more for this game to give us :nod

Reactions: z.5

Single Soul

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I often play Clash of Clans. But when I am tired I like playing Rock-Paper-Scissors. I love such small games 'cause they are not annoying and relaxing. The best way to kill time.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just got 2 games this week past and I wholely reccomend both Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Wildlands is a great open world FPS game with a vibrant imagining of Bolivia and all the culture along for the ride.

Zero Dawn has an amazing narrative and excellent open world as well as a great dynamic.in it's man.vs machine combat.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Pretty sure Bolivia isn't really happy with Wildlands though :lmao

I played it during the Beta and I have around 20 hours into it at this point. The customization is nice, the world is massive...but I'm not sure if I could recommend it to someone who doesn't have plans to play with friends. The core gameplay is getting a bit repetitive at this point honestly. I guess the amount of provinces is deliberate, so you could spend hours and hours getting up to nonsense with friends. I just wish for more variation, but with 4v4 multiplayer getting added for free and the potential of the announced DLC, it might remedy this part a bit. The world is gigantic and amazing looking though, jesus.

The story is downright stupid though. Most of it is a heavy-handed edgelord cringefest. The actual mechanics of the gameplay and customization is why you would buy it. Don't come here looking for narrative. All the money they paid for voice acting couldn't save this kind of "writing"...if you want to call it that.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pretty sure Bolivia isn't really happy with Wildlands though :lmao

I played it during the Beta and I have around 20 hours into it at this point. The customization is nice, the world is massive...but I'm not sure if I could recommend it to someone who doesn't have plans to play with friends. The core gameplay is getting a bit repetitive at this point honestly. I guess the amount of provinces is deliberate, so you could spend hours and hours getting up to nonsense with friends. I just wish for more variation, but with 4v4 multiplayer getting added for free and the potential of the announced DLC, it might remedy this part a bit. The world is gigantic and amazing looking though, jesus.

The story is downright stupid though. Most of it is a heavy-handed edgelord cringefest. The actual mechanics of the gameplay and customization is why you would buy it. Don't come here looking for narrative. All the money they paid for voice acting couldn't save this kind of "writing"...if you want to call it that.
I would agree on all of the points you just raised actually. Maybe I propped it up a bit much. It's far from perfect and being the kind of game it is, it is bound to get repetitive. And the story really is garbage. I just finshed playing mafia 3 and this game is EXACTLY the same structure

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I would agree on all of the points you just raised actually. Maybe I propped it up a bit much. It's far from perfect and being the kind of game it is, it is bound to get repetitive. And the story really is garbage. I just finshed playing mafia 3 and this game is EXACTLY the same structure
You probably didn't play during beta and aren't that deep into it yet? Stats say I'm about 50% complete...though I'm not sure what that's based on honestly. There are something like 21 provinces in the game, and I haven't yet fully-cleared half of them.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You probably didn't play during beta and aren't that deep into it yet? Stats say I'm about 50% complete...though I'm not sure what that's based on honestly. There are something like 21 provinces in the game, and I haven't yet fully-cleared half of them.
I'm 48% through the game. I just get easily bored of these conquer from the bottom type games. I like the game a lot, but it needs more real variety.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm 48% through the game. I just get easily bored of these conquer from the bottom type games. I like the game a lot, but it needs more real variety.
How did you pick your province progression? I sort of avoided going West since Montuyoc was in the beta and I wanted something different, so I went East.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
How did you pick your province progression? I sort of avoided going West since Montuyoc was in the beta and I wanted something different, so I went East.
What province did you start the game in? I started in Itauca and went north to Agua Verde and San Mateo. So i sort of went North then East.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I consider The big lake in Agua Verde my central reference point.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What province did you start the game in? I started in Itauca and went north to Agua Verde and San Mateo. So i sort of went North then East.
Everyone starts in Itacua. The beta only had Itacua and Montuyoc, to give people a feeling of the intro-level and a max-level zone. I finished Itacua and went East through Ocoro/Caimanes and then sort of spread out North and East from there. It was pretty interesting to see swampy environments with full jungle canopies and everything....but it sort of limited sniper gameplay compared to something like Montuyoc or Barvechos. After a while though, a few of the zones started to feel too familiar. It'll be interesting to go South and get some Alpine environments. Still looking forward to the deserts and Andes in the West though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I consider The big lake in Agua Verde my central reference point.
Yeah, that was a pretty funny zone as a nice change of pace. Reminded me of GTA sorta with it being a Resort town.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If you want good sniper environments go to Koani in the Salt Flats. It's a level 5 province but great for long range combat and vehicle chases. Perhaps you should start a thread for this.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I've seen footage of the salt flats. What's your preferred loadout/tactics? Seens like stealth-until-you're-caught works well for middle difficulties. :kappa

Mmm, I only know of three people (including myself) here that play it, so dunno if it'd warrant enough discussion for it's own thread. We'll see.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, I've seen footage of the salt flats. What's your preferred loadout/tactics? Seens like stealth-until-you're-caught works well for middle difficulties. :kappa

Mmm, I only know of three people (including myself) here that play it, so dunno if it'd warrant enough discussion for it's own thread. We'll see.
I'm very tactical. I try to stay on the down low as long as possible. Generally I can complete most objectives without going loud but sometimes everything just goes to shit :kappa

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here are a few games I'd recommend people look into getting:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Hands down the best game I've ever played, it's music, story, graphics and gameplay are all divine and make for the very best experience I've ever had with a game)
- Fire Emblem Awakening (Best title on 3DS imo)
- Fire Emblem Fates

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hey guys its the holidays need help with a good recommendation for some good PC games that can keep me busy for 3 weeks or so

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Hey guys its the holidays need help with a good recommendation for some good PC games that can keep me busy for 3 weeks or so
What type of genres do you tend to enjoy?