Winter - The Hockey (NHL) thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Winter The Hockey (NHL) thread

predsfan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: NHL thread

OMG, OMG, OMG, it's finally here. It starts tomorrow (well sort of). The 2008-2009 NHL Season will officially have started. I wish I had a way to watch the games though. Damn, I need CBC. Anyways, in less than a week hockey season will be in full swing. I'm so excited :D.

worm34

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

So it looks like this thread hasn't gotten much attention, the Western Conference has been really interesting this year and I'm hoping my team the Ducks make it to the playoffs.

Ovechkin reaches goal 50 once again, Steve Mason looks to be a savior for the Blue Jackets and Martin Brodeur breaks Patrick Roy's record...Very interesting season!

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

My Habs suck.

Worst thing is, I'm unable to explain it.

Oh, and congrats to Marty the Overrated, enjoy your divorce fee, you scum.

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States

My Habs suck.

Worst thing is, I'm unable to explain it.

Oh, and congrats to Marty the Overrated, enjoy your divorce fee, you scum.
Why the hatred towards Marty?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

He originally married, then years later got a divorce because he was banging his wife's sister (Who he now married, last summer I believe). He's scum.

Not to mention he's probably the most overrated goaltender in NHL history. Not saying he's bad, in fact he is great, a HOF player, but to be categorized as the "best ever" is a joke.

Playoffs start this week!

Last edited:

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Fuck Christmas, this is the most wonderful time of the year. I love the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anyways, I'm disappointed the Predators didn't make the playoffs, but what can I do. Even though the Caps lost today, I'm pulling for a Caps/Wings final. I wouldn't care who won and it would be exciting.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

No chance the Caps get past the second round, let alone get to the finals, with The Odor as the #1 goaltender.

He was bad on all four Rangers goals today. Just... horrible.

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States

No chance the Caps get past the second round, let alone get to the finals, with The Odor as the #1 goaltender.

He was bad on all four Rangers goals today. Just... horrible.
I haven't seen the highlights yet of the game. I had to watch the Pens thrash the Flyers.

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Hockey season is starting up again soon and I honestly can't wait.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yup.

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd be more excited if my Predators had actually done something in the off season, but hell that would only put my excitement factor from 9.9 to a 10 :p.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My Habs did a lot this off-season, and I'm scared shitless.

I don't think this is going to be a very good season.

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Habs did a lot this off-season, and I'm scared shitless.

I don't think this is going to be a very good season.
I can't wait to see what Saku Koivu can do with Teemu Selanne this year. I'm quite excited with everything going on with the Ducks. It's going to be quite a treat to see who becomes our starting goaltender J.S. Giguere or Jonas Hiller.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You'll love Saku Koivu.

This guy is someone who has a heart as big as all outdoors.

He s money come playoff time.

I still don't get why we didn't resign him.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Pfft, those guys are oooold! I'm waiting to see André and Oliver Ekman in the NHL.

Old hockey mates. Tingsryds AIF ftw yoho \o/

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oliver Ekman-Larsson was drafted #6 overall this draft.

Won't be for playing in NA for 2~ years or so. Maybe 1 if he feels ready to come over.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I know. I was his teammate in the Youth section before he went to Leksand. I really hope he waits until he turns at least 20 so that he will be "ready" both mentally and physically. The problem many young guys are doing is that they go to NHL to soon and get injured.

Anyways, Phoenix for the SC!

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Phoenix won't be in the NHL for very long.

They'll probably get moved to either Canada or Nevada (Seeing how the NHL works, probably Nevada).

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
/revive

What a game, Detroit vs Blues. :p I wanted to bet $10 on Blues because of the odds and I must admit that I didn't think that Karya would deliver like he did in the first round. Going to look forward for the rematch tonight. But honestly, Detroit, please, what the hell were you doing? I admit that the Swedes played really cowardly that game and neither one of them stood up as they should and that they play a big part of the team both offensive and defensive, not even with the first round in Globen - Stockholm. Jeez...

Anyways, let's see how the "odds" have changed for the 2nd round after the show Karya had. Seems that he likes European rinks. ^^

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone out there.............:huh? Oh well :p. Anyways, anyone watching the Olympic hockey going on because you should be :yelling. Anyways, I guess nothing to big has happened yet, anyway. No major upsets and no major teams really playing one another yet. But you should be watching on Sunday b/c it's U.S.A. vs. Canada (not necessarily the only time they will play during the games). Hopefully it will be a good game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Canada blow us out :darn.

Let's see, what else, oh yeah Luongo or Brodeur? What a terrible situation for Canada to have at goalie [/sarcasm]. Seriously though, I haven't really been paying attention other than watching a few games, but who will be their main goalie?

Last, I guess, what match ups do you want to see? I kind of want to see Russia vs. U.S.A./Canada at some point. I love me some Ovechkin :lick. Kind of want to see Sweden vs. Canada as well. But what I want most of all is a gold medal game b/w U.S.A. and Canada because, I think the atmosphere would just be amazing.

Anyways, b/c I'm a homer, go U.S.A. (and if you can't win, uhh, go Czech Republic I guess :D).

P.S. Anybody watch the World Junior Championship's? The gold medal game was awesome (especially since my team one ;)). Love me some sudden death OT as well :lick.