The key scientific invention Dr Stone forgot | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The key scientific invention Dr Stone forgot

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I read all 153 chapters of Dr. Stone now that Tower of God is on hiatus.

Reading through it, I thought the author deliberately omitted one key invention for plot purposes.

Anyone care to guess what it is?

The printing press.

Senku declined to store his scientific knowledge in a written format.

For preservation and distribution purposes.

That is one key invention that would boost the kingdom of sciences productivity by a substantial margin.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's a great point. As far as I remember, they implemented a school in the village, or am I wrong?

I just don't know how much it would boost them in the short term, because they'd need to learn how to read, and the ones who were revived from our present time don't actually need it, right? I mean, Senku cannot transform them into scientists or anything else. Additionally they were always in a hurry, either to defeat Tsukasa/Hyoga, or to find the Why Man (constructing the Perseus) and so on.

So the press would only turn Ruri's role useless, haha.

Of course, that's a nice catch indeed. I'd guess that in the near future they'll re-develop it, since more people are going to be revived (to the hundreds), they'll need more technical knowledge and so on.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The main issue there is that it'd take senku a pretty damn long time to put everything he knows into writing. Senko, for the plot's sake, has pretty much ALL the science. And not just in a sense that he knows scientific stuff, but the actual foundation for it. Senku could probably spend years just writing down the staggering amount of information he has in his head.

Midak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Do the people from the village even know how to read through? I might have missed that. I remember them having drawings or maps, but not much more.

I think that for the current generation is way faster to explain things with words or drawings.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Senku declined to store his scientific knowledge in a written format.
That's a great point. As far as I remember, they implemented a school in the village, or am I wrong?
Senku could probably spend years just writing down the staggering amount of information he has in his head.
From the Light novels (I'm currently going through them)

"That was where the Aozora (blue sky) classroom, organized by the Kingdom of Science, was being held. This was the Academy of Science where the ‘modern people’ of Ishigami Village were being taught how to read and write as well as simple mathematics. Next to the writing board was the teacher, Saionji Ukyo, standing in front of a student in the front row who had their mouth half open and their eyes spinning in circles."

Probably why Chrome was able to write out that drill flow chart the way he did.