The Kinlyu thread~ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Kinlyu thread~

Kinlyu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello!

I'm Kinlyu, getting old by now, have been slacking on my translations and all for a while but now that I'm single! and still a jobless bum as well, I've taken up translating again. I started translating for DA-scan when I was still in Uni, and kept it up till now (though sloooww). I've also attempted to translate novels (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu... it proved really hard, but I should kinda try it again).

I started translating because well, I liked manga and I just stumbled upon DA-scan when they were looking for a translator, and I've stuck around. I've never done many projects at the same time, but I'm willing to expand my work range.

I like shonen (but not all-out battle or mecha), shoujo (if it's interesting, funny and not cliché), and josei (just whenever it's good). What I don't like is fanservice harem manga... ugh xD

When it comes to translating, I'm fairly lazy. But I can't stand bad translations, as in... too literally, with disregard of puns, bad grammar... So I try to do my best, but I generally don't re-read my own translations xD So I hope the proofreaders out there do their job as well! Ahhahahaha /runs

So far, I've worked on Erementar Gerad, EG Ao no Senki, Onikiri-sama no hakoiri musume, and some projects that were dropped really fast. I'm planning on translating the remaining volumes of Replica, and if possible the upcoming Samurai Flamenco manga~

Last edited:

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nice to meet ya. Not often that I see female translators who don't mind shonen stuff.

Kinlyu

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi there fellow Belgian! ^-^

Yup, true. I like shonen more than shoujo anyway - besides shoujo has these characteristics that make them harder to read sometimes as well. Too many confusing thoughtbubbles xD (but of course there is some shoujo I like as well~)

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Shame. I wish I can share some shonen manga that I found. All I have is seinen, even classical ones.