Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 599 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 599 Spoilers & Discussion

What level of power is needed for Urek to defeat Luslec?

• 25% is enough.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 30-45%.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • 50%.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • 50-60%.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 60-75%.

• 75-90%.

• 100%

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • He is weaker than Luslec.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shiinhye1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
Enjoy it turtles ♥
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

as a curious fact for you turtles, dowon's nickname "don't forget me", is the name of a flower, and the attacks that luslec uses in this chapter, are names of flowers or plants of the same species as the flowers that dowon uses.

Yelnats

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
New poll.
The percentage does not refer to the level of power Urek used. It refer to SHINSU BOOST!

Urek does not reduce his power level like he did against Karaka/Hell Joe.

The poll is misleading, please change it to Shinsu Boost.

Hangul: 신수 강화 10%
Direct Translation:
신수 = shinsoo
강화 = enforce
Official Terminology:
신수 강화 is used for the skill Miseng utilized against the purple eye brothers. It was officially translated as "Shinsu Boost".

Cosmicscans translate it properly as Shinsu Boost:

Even Shiin's translation (strengthening the shinsoo) already pointed out that Urek is strengthening himself instead of reducing his power.

Last edited:

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The skill of Miseng and Urek are both written as Shinsu Boost (신수 강화), not Physical Boost (신체 강화). As they share the same Hangul, they should work mostly using the same mechanism. The only difference is that what Miseng used result in intense burst (it's revealed in flashback) while Urek can regulate how much boost he want to use (not limited to intense, he can choose small boost).

I just check the Hangul at the fight between Androssi and Anak. Unfortunately, there is no skill label. Androssi only thought that what Anaak did is physical strengthening using shinsu.

I'll try to describe how I think it works.

Each character has separate attributes for shinsu and physical capability.

Shinsu is spiritual or supernatural energy. Like chi or chakra in various manga/manwha. Shinsu boost multiplies this energy pool which can be drawn upon. Which can then be used to greatly boost physical attributes.

While physical boost merely uses base shinsu to boost physical stats. without multiplying.

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The cosmic t/l of Luslec’s attack is called Dark Twist. Yes just like the chapters white fought Bam

Blackout
--- Double Post Merged, ---

At the hotel or at Archimedes?
They fought in the workshop and I remember labels if it helps

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
They fought in the workshop and I remember labels if it helps
Ran think that Anaak no longer able to do body reinfrocement properly. The hangul that was used is 신체 강화 (Physical Boost) instead of 신수 강화 (Shinsu Boost).

I'll try to describe how I think it works.

Each character has separate attributes for shinsu and physical capability.

Shinsu is spiritual or supernatural energy. Like chi or chakra in various manga/manwha. Shinsu boost multiplies this energy pool which can be drawn upon. Which can then be used to greatly boost physical attributes.

While physical boost merely uses base shinsu to boost physical stats. without multiplying.
In that case, Miseng/Urek use the former while other characters (JH/Anaak) use the latter.

If what you describe is correct, does that means Shinsu Boost is superior to Physical Boost?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The percentage does not refer to the level of power Urek used. It refer to SHINSU BOOST!

Urek does not reduce his power level like he did against Karaka/Hell Joe.

The poll is misleading, please change it to Shinsu Boost.

Hangul: 신수 강화 10%
Direct Translation:
신수 = shinsoo
강화 = enforce
Official Terminology:
신수 강화 is used for the skill Miseng utilized against the purple eye brothers. It was officially translated as "Shinsu Boost".

Cosmicscans translate it properly as Shinsu Boost:

Even Shiin's translation (strengthening the shinsoo) already pointed out that Urek is strengthening himself instead of reducing his power.
Wether he is strengthening himself or reducing his power, I don't see how it's a big deal here. It's just a little poll.

On the FoD, his power was hidden but he had to control it to not go beyond 5%. It's not like he was weaker. Here he is strengthening himself with Shinsoo, and he has only used physical attacks so far so I don't see the issue. People don't usually use percentage for Shinsoo Boost in the series.

Anyway, I think people get the idea.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Wether he is strengthening himself or reducing his power, I don't see how it's a big deal here. It's just a little poll.
It's a really BIG deal because it shape the understanding of the readers, the poll is pinned up there.

Using 25% of his power is not the same as boosting himself by 25%.

On the FoD, his power was hidden but he had to control it to not go beyond 5%.
At FoD, he is limiting his physical power. The hangul said "5% of this body".

Using 25% of his physical power means Urek is at 25% base power.

On the other hand, boosting himself means he is already above 100% base power. If that 25% Shinsu Boost means he increase his physical power by 25%, it means he is at 125% base power.

Here he is strengthening himself with Shinsoo, and he has only used physical attacks so far so I don't see the issue.
His fighting style is physical. His Shinsu Boost is using shinsu to increase his physical speed, attack, etc. When Miseng used Shinsu Boost - Berserker Mode, she only use physical attacks too.

People don't usually use percentage for Shinsoo Boost in the series.
They lack control but Urek can control it, his mastery over this skill is great.

Anyway, I think people get the idea.
No, if you look at yesterday's conversation, some of them didn't realize Urek is boosting himself, they thought Urek is doing the opposite by reducing it to just 10-25% of physical power like in FoD.

@Demonspeed to avoid misleading other users, you should change the word used in the poll into SHINSU BOOST. You should have helped them to understand what SIU wrote, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Is it fair to say Urek's shinsu % ability is loose equivalent.

To Goku's kaio ken attack vs Vegeta.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Is it fair to say Urek's shinsu % ability is loose equivalent.

To Goku's kaio ken attack vs Vegeta.
I was about to add Dragon Ball comparison. 😅

Goku at normal state is at 100% base power while Goku with Kaio-ken is at 200% base power. Against Ginyu, he even reach 2000% base power with this skill.

On the other hand, Luslec is also increasing his base power, he change his form to do this, it is possible that the form also has stages. In Dragon Ball, it's like Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, etc.

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Urek Miseng’s father lol?!?!

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For those who can't get enough, here's another take on the chapter

However you look at it, it still boils down to Urek doesn't want to kill anybody (yet?) , not the Fh, and not Lusec either.
I had actually posted cosmicscans translation earlier but I doubt my post would get pinned at the top as it contain criticsm toward the wording of the poll which fail to acknowledge that the percentage refer to Shinsu Boost.

Cosmicscans is better than Shiin on this part as it notice that the hangul used in Urek's skill is the same as the hangul used in Miseng's skill which was officially translated as Shinsu Boost.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luslec basically admits to being the leader of Revolution here! JH figured it out!

Not many have lived to tell the tale so Bam could have been unaware that his black shinsu is actually a spell!!! Data Zaharad could not get a good read on it and White was unsure as well!!!

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
Luslec basically admits to being the leader of Revolution here! JH figured it out!
I doubt that. Gustang must be the one who though of revolution, for one Kirin accepted being part of revolution on the condition to becoming the FH of LPB. Him being the highest in LPB hierarchy and close to Traumerei, he knows best how foolish is to go against a FH as towerborn ... unless the revolution has the help of a FH too, for instance Gustang, the one who started a war. And for two, Gustang also allowed revolution to be part of his family, we get a flashback of Gustang allowing Bellerir to destroy all GF, which seems to be revolution's goal. Maybe Gustang is not the direct leader, but IMO he's the one who made the revolution, for the purpose of instigating chaos into the tower (GF & Zahard's army basically maintaining peace in the tower, having plants into each group would help if you plan to go war against the system).

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean DAMN!!! Masterclass SIU!!! Luslec flexing about how many ships he can buy and it just so happens his clown stooge Yool was also flexing about his ship when he debuted!!!

big094

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I doubt that. Gustang must be the one who though of revolution, for one Kirin accepted being part of revolution on the condition to becoming the FH of LPB. Him being the highest in LPB hierarchy and close to Traumerei, he knows best how foolish is to go against a FH as towerborn ... unless the revolution has the help of a FH too, for instance Gustang, the one who started a war. And for two, Gustang also allowed revolution to be part of his family, we get a flashback of Gustang allowing Bellerir to destroy all GF, which seems to be revolution's goal. Maybe Gustang is not the direct leader, but IMO he's the one who made the revolution, for the purpose of instigating chaos into the tower (GF & Zahard's army basically maintaining peace in the tower, having plants into each group would help if you plan to go war against the system).
Hes definitely either founder, member or enabler. Im eagerly awaiting an interaction between him and the boss.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ran think that Anaak no longer able to do body reinfrocement properly. The hangul that was used is 신체 강화 (Physical Boost) instead of 신수 강화 (Shinsu Boost).

In that case, Miseng/Urek use the former while other characters (JH/Anaak) use the latter.

If what you describe is correct, does that means Shinsu Boost is superior to Physical Boost?
As far as I can tell shinsoo boost and physical boost are the same thing. Various terms used by translations to describe the effects of reinforcement... No idea if there's a hierarchy between terms.

Is Urek Miseng’s father lol?!?!
That would imply a female gave urek the time of the day. Which is against the rules of the tower and the universe.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's a really BIG deal because it shape the understanding of the readers, the poll is pinned up there.

Using 25% of his power is not the same as boosting himself by 25%.

At FoD, he is limiting his physical power. The hangul said "5% of this body".

Using 25% of his physical power means Urek is at 25% base power.

On the other hand, boosting himself means he is already above 100% base power. If that 25% Shinsu Boost means he increase his physical power by 25%, it means he is at 125% base power.

His fighting style is physical. His Shinsu Boost is using shinsu to increase his physical speed, attack, etc. When Miseng used Shinsu Boost - Berserker Mode, she only use physical attacks too.

They lack control but Urek can control it, his mastery over this skill is great.

No, if you look at yesterday's conversation, some of them didn't realize Urek is boosting himself, they thought Urek is doing the opposite by reducing it to just 10-25% of physical power like in FoD.

@Demonspeed to avoid misleading other users, you should change the word used in the poll into SHINSU BOOST. You should have helped them to understand what SIU wrote, not the other way around.
It's not a big deal. Wether it's 25% of Shinsoo Boost or not, it doesn't mean that the fight will continue this way.

I can't know if Miseng and Urek are using the same technique, but if they do then it'd mean that Urek shares her Attribute. As things as now, I doubt it's anything other than normal reinforcement with Shinsoo. They don't work the same way.

As far as I can tell shinsoo boost and physical boost are the same thing. Various terms used by translations to describe the effects of reinforcement... No idea if there's a hierarchy between terms.

That would imply a female gave urek the time of the day. Which is against the rules of the tower and the universe.
Yes, it's the same thing. But Miseng's works differently because of her Attribute. We have seen Jinsung using a specific Shinsoo Boost as well and he is a Ha so there must be variants. IIRC it was revealed that Yurin was the first to discover the technique. What Urek did is definitely the basic version everyone can use.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Reading another translation, luslec feels a little salty. It makes sense that fug would have approached urek at some point and urek told them to fuck off...
It's not a big deal. Wether it's 25% of Shinsoo Boost or not, it doesn't mean that the fight will continue this way.

I can't know if Miseng and Urek are using the same technique, but if they do then it'd mean that Urek shares her Attribute. As things as now, I doubt it's anything other than normal reinforcement with Shinsoo. They don't work the same way.

Yes, it's the same thing. But Miseng's works differently because of her Attribute. We have seen Jinsung using a specific Shinsoo Boost as well and he is a Ha so there must be variants. IIRC it was revealed that Yurin was the first to discover the technique. What Urek did is definitely the basic version everyone can use.
Yeah, I think by now we have seen that there are a lot of versions of reinforcement. We have seen that there are versions which increase strength and others that increase defense along with versions which have elemental properties. Misseng's seems special though I am not sure of how exactly. maybe it encompasses multiple things. I think we've also seen speed related reinforcement. I could see urek's reinforcement specializing in speed.