Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 604 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 604 Spoilers & Discussion

Ignorant

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's funny how all the FH are cowards, erasing their memories because of the shit they did.

My theory that the 13GW were fugitives before entering the tower only gets stronger.
If you are going to live forever you are going to suffer forever too 😂 it makes sense to delete your memory
Come on, i still cringe about things i did with 5 years old. 😭

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's implied that they experienced something really bad, which made them want to erase their memories. But Traumerei just seems mentally weak.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
With traumerei the situation appears to be that enkido wise he made a mistake that resulted in probably icarus dying. Pure grief and guilt.

Gustang probably erased memories pertaining to this but it's weird because it seems utterly against his own nature and principles. To the point where he seemingly saw fit to punish himself if he even attempted to regain said memories. Hmmm, it kinda just hit me that maybe that's the key to this whole thing. Gustang didn't erase his memories to forget, he did it to punish himself. He did to himself the worst thing he could think of, to haunt and fuel his rage for eons.

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's implied that they experienced something really bad, which made them want to erase their memories. But Traumerei just seems mentally weak.
Perhaps being an accomplice in the death of the son of a good friend of yours.

I wonder if Bloosmadder also erased his memories, someone as cowardly as him shouldn't regret what he did.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Perhaps being an accomplice in the death of the son of a good friend of yours.

I wonder if Bloosmadder also erased his memories, someone as cowardly as him shouldn't regret what he did.
They probably all did.

Jacinto Pinto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
If you are going to live forever you are going to suffer forever too 😂 it makes sense to delete your memory
Come on, i still cringe about things i did with 5 years old. 😭
but if you keep erasing your mistakes, you won't have the information to learn from and not repeat them

Bigrong49

Reaction score
Country
United States
The chances of Enkidu revealing the full picture are slim to none imo, at best it will give Gustang partial informations, Baam got memories from both Gustang and Traumerei.

With that being said, i am fairly over that plot point by now, siu dragged it way too much. As I am still waiting to learn what Cha knew about Baam's mother, from before the Nest, so I am not gonna hold my breath for the revelations.
I damn near forgot about that. SIU has yet to quench our thirst for a full revelation, its always pieces (no bits).

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
In S3ch164, Gustang states only he and Traum stored away memories they wanted to forget. The Enkidou incident and closing the door to higher floors are 2 different memories.

Forgetting about the enkidou incident doesn’t resolve Traum & Gustang’s problem! They would have to erase the person/people entirely from their memory and history! Exactly like how Zahard did the same with Arlene and V!!!

Good chance Hana’s rewriting of history was her “Yeon Flame” and the “Zigenya flower”

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In S3ch164, Gustang states only he and Traum stored away memories they wanted to forget. The Enkidou incident and closing the door to higher floors are 2 different memories.

Forgetting about the enkidou incident doesn’t resolve Traum & Gustang’s problem! They would have to erase the person/people entirely from their memory and history! Exactly like how Zahard did the same with Arlene and V!!!

Good chance Hana’s rewriting of history was her “Yeon Flame” and the “Zigenya flower”
??? Pretty sure it was said that they all erased some of their memories in their own way.

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have gone back to re-read S3 E164 3-4 times over and I'm coming to the same conclusion you did. They ran into a situation thats way too heavy/dangerous so much that they backed off and sealed the top defensively.

One might see why Phantaminum stopped at 134th flr and did not go through it. I'm not saying that he could not deal with whatever lay beyonf the door, but rather he understood that what lay beyond was something that should be permitted to play out, and best for the tower itself.

Gustang finally got his book of memories back, but the contents were already given to Bam by the book itself. This would seem to imply that the book itself acting from the standard of Gustang from the past's standard sees Bam as the wothy reciepient. I wonder how this kowledge will affect current Gustang's relationship with Bam. Will he aid Bam or see him as a foe or someone to be weary of?

fyofeelings

Reaction score
Country
France
I have gone back to re-read S3 E164 3-4 times over and I'm coming to the same conclusion you did. They ran into a situation thats way too heavy/dangerous so much that they backed off and sealed the top defensively.

One might see why Phantaminum stopped at 134th flr and did not go through it. I'm not saying that he could not deal with whatever lay beyonf the door, but rather he understood that what lay beyond was something that should be permitted to play out, and best for the tower itself.

Gustang finally got his book of memories back, but the contents were already given to Bam by the book itself. This would seem to imply that the book itself acting from the standard of Gustang from the past's standard sees Bam as the wothy reciepient. I wonder how this kowledge will affect current Gustang's relationship with Bam. Will he aid Bam or see him as a foe or someone to be weary of?
I think the sealing of the top floor was zahard's decision that received varying reactions from the others, especially V and Arlene.
if we re to believe the tower belongs to "God" then Phanta's effect is limited under the influence of this entity since even an axis gets awakened aka receives powers... I believe the outside God is above phanta since he can influence the fate of the tower. (my headcannon)

Last edited:

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the sealing of the top floor was zahard's decision that received varying reactions from the others, especially V and Arlene.
if we re to believe the tower belongs to "God" then Phanta's effect is limited under the influence of this entity since even an axis gets awakened aka receives powers... I believe the outside God is above phanta. (my headcannon)
Zahard being their leader definitely had a say in the sealing. However, what we've been discussing here is greatly influence by this chapter https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-164/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=582, I am inserting the link to help you locate it quickly.

On your last point, SIU hasn't said anything regarding the God Outside the Tower's identity, this has lead to speculation that it could be Phataminum,here again nobody knows anything for sure till SIU clarify's things. Personally I think I would like there to be an actual "God" in the TOG universe, even if he were only a minor godling with limited power, but still a deity of sorts.

Hope you keep enjoy TOG and keep on reading it and commenting.

fyofeelings

Reaction score
Country
France
Zahard being their leader definitely had a say in the sealing. However, what we've been discussing here is greatly influence by this chapter https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-164/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=582, I am inserting the link to help you locate it quickly.

On your last point, SIU hasn't said anything regarding the God Outside the Tower's identity, this has lead to speculation that it could be Phataminum,here again nobody knows anything for sure till SIU clarify's things. Personally I think I would like there to be an actual "God" in the TOG universe, even if he were only a minor godling with limited power, but still a deity of sorts.

Hope you keep enjoy TOG and keep on reading it and commenting.
I do remember feeling confused when reading that chapter since it implied the sealing of the higher floors was more of a group decision when it has been implied that Zahard himself sealed the 135th floor then split the key... if it was a group thing why did the FH have to decide to either support Zahard or V when the latter wanted to continue the climb.

We know there's more than an axis since Phanta is considered top 5 amongst his kind but the outside god has always been referred to as a singular entity by Enryu and Rachel. Theres two options: either Phanta is indeed the outside god or the outside god is an actual deity since he can affect the fate of the tower which should be the domain of phanta himself.

I would like the second option to be true :D

Last edited:

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do remember feeling confused when reading that chapter since it implied the sealing of the higher floors was more of a group decision when it has been implied that Zahard himself sealed the 135th floor then split the key... if it was a group thing why did the FH have to decide to either support Zahard or V when the latter wanted to continue the climb.

We know there's more than an axis since Phanta is considered top 5 amongst his kind but the outside god has always been referred to as a singular entity by Enryu and Rachel. Theres two options: either Phanta is indeed the outside god or the outside god is an actual deity since he can affect the fate of the tower which should be the domain of phanta himself.

I would like the second option to be true :D
Honestly, I think SIU is revising the story retroactively, however there are ways he could manage the tale so that both seemingly different versions still work.

Let's say for instance that there are/were some very powerful people who Either lived there or had quietly climbed the tower beyond the 134th flr before the 13GW entered the Tower, Lets also specify that Jahad and 13GW's powers were no match for these individuals. Then we could postulate that When the 13GW went up the tower they came into conflict with these folks who had preceeded them and in the ensuing fight/s Jahad and company were terribly trounced and they had to flee back down the Tower till floor 134, were they were no longer being pusued. Then at this point the sealing happened using the magical key etc etc and so on.

We could surmise that Vee and Arlene wanted to take the humble approach and make peace with the individuals, thus continuing to climb.