Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 623 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 623 Spoilers & Discussion

lanternpo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
As Demonspeed said, I don't think even if A.A got the spear tool and the armor from Dumas he would be able to use them. Bam or awakened Rak could, but I don't see A.A doing that without even more major asspulling.

Also, until now we haven't seen all of the powers being used at once. He only ignites one thing at a time: either black march or the first thorn. I don't remember him igniting the second one, nor do i think he has ever ignited more than one of those three things.

And also, From my memory the biggest fights bam had where he got significantly more powerful was against Data Jahad and White, and he had to awaken from a coma mid fight to get the power boost. Though I will say both were more ideological growths, with Data jahad making him seek his 'self' and White 'corrupting' him. I believe it won't be any different here.

Ignorant

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Someone please hand over the armor to AA before something happen here !
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unpopular opinion:

the death of Khun here will put this serie back on
10/10 radar.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Like Rak coming back to life with some past memories and shit will be interesting far more interesting than Khun repetitive process, this is suppose to be a cliffhanger but it doesn’t work
Anymore siu everybody knows the kid is coming back just to get another insane PU that don’t even fit him right LMAO the kid has never trained before…!

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
No he hasn't used it proficiently well. Besides his use in this chapter, he only managed to use this ability when he was at the Nest IIRC. Other Irregulars are able to enter this space without the Thorn to begin with. He can't use it casually.
He used it to over rule Avto by sending everyone to the right destination. He used it to help Endorsi boost her bong bong. Yes, he’s done quite well using it correctly

Vs Avto was a better feat than now since he had no idea where they were going!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He used it to over rule Avto by sending everyone to the right destination. He used it to help Endorsi boost her bong bong. Yes, he’s done quite well using it correctly

Vs Avto was a better feat than now since he had no idea where they were going!
Who is Avto?

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Who is Avto?
The screen that asked who Bam was. I think that if the 2nd thorn is space related then teleporting is just one aspect of it, and Bam needs a link for it to even work (Dumas is linked with the armor, Avto is linked with the sprout floor)

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bam successfully used the 2nd thorn in the aquarium as well! As I said he’s shown better proficiency with the 2nd thorn over the rest of his artillery

Last edited:

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Bam successfully used the 2nd thorn in the aquarium as well! As I sad he’s shown better proficiency with the 2nd thorn over the rest of his artillery
Well if the thorn is related to space, teleporting is just one singular aspect of it. Hell it should be able to stretch space, crush it etc. For now, we only saw one aspect of it, kind of like how bam never actually went absolutely all out due to him simply being incapable of it. I can't wait to see the soul crown thing to be frank.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well if the thorn is related to space, teleporting is just one singular aspect of it. Hell it should be able to stretch space, crush it etc. For now, we only saw one aspect of it, kind of like how bam never actually went absolutely all out due to him simply being incapable of it. I can't wait to see the soul crown thing to be frank.
You’re just guessing/making up what you think the 2nd thorn is capable of? The 2nd thorn helped Bam to teleport out of the HF and he has gradually improved upon that skill!!!

Crushing space lol?!?! Who has done that lol?!?! Isn’t that what RT is for, as we saw with Hell Joe?!?!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, comments on the chapter...

Pretty much a setup chapter. Not that much going on. It's not bad but any sort of payoff from any of what went on here is chapters away....

You'd think androsi would have kept the piece inside a lighthouse or inventory...

Gustang was quite close to losing the game there. Enkido showing up at the last second was pretty convenient for gustang at least. Though I am not clear on what happens if he does lose. He is out to kill traumerei now so perhaps the game even happening is unlikely. Gustang might not even give a crap about anything anymore unless, improbably, an admin gets involved.

What I do call BS on it traumerei remembering enkido at all. Gustang needed to get the memories from bam to remember. but traumerei sees enkido and most of it comes back to him? I soppose this could be explained by the sealing methods being different but it's still kinda BS.

Traumerei calling ameuz a creature is pretty telling though. I am not sure of where SIU is going with this though. Are tower residents creatures or aren't they? (for family heads). Even if she is I guess the larger issue here will be that these events lead to V's death and arlen's departure though. Crackpot theory, traumerei feels a modicum of guilt over this but perhaps the bigger reason he went with this was to help zahard and keep as many of the companions on the same side.

I suppose it makes sense bam would take on dumas. But he needs more of a plant than what he has going on right now. He is going for the heart so perhaps he plans to put his anti spell shenanigans to work. Bam is pulling no stops here, using shinwonryu and two thorns... I am guessing the second one enabled him to enter dumas' hearts. Which is significant since the space where his heart is, if comparable to karaka's, can only be accessed by family heads or administrators. Or spells...

By the looks of it dumas was starring at rak's body... Perhaps he was about to give first aid? I am guessing aguero's flame and ice saved him but bam does need to heal him. And this is different from when he stitched arya back together. I wonder if perhaps what SIU is going for here is bam actually reviving someone. After a flashback where the family heads were specifically said to be unable to revive someone...

Reactions: fly

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
You’re just guessing/making up what you think the 2nd thorn is capable of? The 2nd thorn helped Bam to teleport out of the HF and he has gradually improved upon that skill!!!

Crushing space lol?!?! Who has done that lol?!?! Isn’t that what RT is for, as we saw with Hell Joe?!?!
The only thing that the thorn has done is teleporting. That's it. So assuming it has more than just teleporting makes more sense to me. Compared to the absolute bonker first thorn that is an omni boost to everything, this second one would just be overrated if all it can do is teleport.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing that the thorn has done is teleporting. That's it. So assuming it has more than just teleporting makes more sense to me. Compared to the absolute bonker first thorn that is an omni boost to everything, this second one would just be overrated if all it can do is teleport.
Not at all! Teleportation is a rare technique! Bam can teleport anywhere because of the 2nd thorn lol

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Not at all! Teleportation is a rare technique! Bam can teleport anywhere because of the 2nd thorn lol
A rare technique that all irregulars have, and bam is an irregular. So no. As I've said, If all it can do is teleport then it's wack. Hell, bam needs some line or bridge to connect with his target to even do that.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
A rare technique that all irregulars have, and bam is an irregular. So no. As I've said, If all it can do is teleport then it's wack. Hell, bam needs some line or bridge to connect with his target to even do that.
OK!

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
Damn, everytime Baam wakes up and does stuff it goes back to boring and nonsensical. Just let him join his beloved Khun already :mono

Anyway, Gustang should appear soon. I don't recall if he is in the camp of the "revolution " guys or not.

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Interesting that this chapter didn't have as many people talking as the previous ones. I guess it doesn't have flare to it?

Damn, everytime Baam wakes up and does stuff it goes back to boring and nonsensical. Just let him join his beloved Khun already :mono

Anyway, Gustang should appear soon. I don't recall if he is in the camp of the "revolution " guys or not.
Yeah. To be frank, besides the internet/story rule to only consider a character dead if it explicitly said so makes Khun immune to any trick to it. Hell, making Rak or any other character would have way more impact, since everyone is getting into danger from associating with Bam.

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bam successfully used the 2nd thorn in the aquarium as well! As I said he’s shown better proficiency with the 2nd thorn over the rest of his artillery
I thought he used the Spirit Bow? Maybe he used the bow in concert with thorn 2. Now I have to go back and re-read.

Yep, he used the Bow, not the Thorn:

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would maintain it's pretty unlikely bam has used any piece of the thorn with any significant competence. He is probably barely able to use it with the power he has. Most of the times when he uses two thorns so far it's pretty much when he is hoping for miracles. All in all it's pretty unlikely bam can be said to have better mastery over the second thorn than the first when he has used the second intentionally about 3 or 4 times altogether. The second thorn does seem to be more broken than the first though.

Reactions: fly

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I would maintain it's pretty unlikely bam has used any piece of the thorn with any significant competence. He is probably barely able to use it with the power he has. Most of the times when he uses two thorns so far it's pretty much when he is hoping for miracles. All in all it's pretty unlikely bam can be said to have better mastery over the second thorn than the first when he has used the second intentionally about 3 or 4 times altogether. The second thorn does seem to be more broken than the first though.
I agree. The best bet is that the second thorn has spatial powers, one of them is to teleport when there is already some spatial twist (the tv that would have transported them elsewhere can link floors, Dumas and his armor are linked spatially) Which makes me believe he needs some link to where he wants to go before it works. The first thorn might seem underwhelming compared to the second, but remember that it boosts everything.

And also, we have yet to see him use the power of souls to its supposed extent (the crown) nor any power of his. Just R&B thryssa with full transformation can be broken, let alone alongside other powers. It's just that Bam is too weak to use them to a more powerful level individually, and that's why he stacks them with each other, hoping that it bridge the gap.