Art - Volume Cover and Official Art Thread | Page 69 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
It doesn't make sense for any of them to just stay training for 2 years without taking action. Anne and Donny clearly have more experience as Holy Knights. Timeskips in battle shonen are usually mostly for power ups yes, but I don't see why you'd expect their dynamic to change? Anne and Donny didn't really have a complicated relationship. And there are changes, Donny is a lot more courageous than before, he would have never faced Bertolepe like that two years ago.
What I meant is that they come across as such, not that they literally did that(sorry that I didn't make that clear) because in at least 1 year since they've likely started these missions, they've only started running into the big shots now; I ackowledged the fact that their practical fighting ability and skill has evolved, but nothing much beyond that. The time-skip feels as devoid and sterile as the existence of athletes on a too tight program, who aside from covering for their daily basic needs, all they do is training and competitions. Donny would have faced anyone to protect friends, he got over his running away tendencies at Sistana. He's somewhat less tardy in reaction time. But it's not enough for how long it's passed and how many incursions they supposedly made into Camelot already. They haven't gotten over their kindergartner level squabbling, particularly on the battlefield, and it's not funny. It was temporarily funny back then, it got old, now it's stale.
I don't get why you can say that Tristan can't hold grudges and is able to just forget the past when it took him several years, countless pep talks then one more from Gawain specifically to get over his Nephilim issue and he believes that Meliodas doesn't trust him. Besides physical ressemblance, the only big similarity he has with Elizabeth is that he is kind of an airhead. But yes, it's not something which is going to last once they meet again.
I don't know why you think Tristan would be the one to hold that deep a grudge against Percival( to the point he'd join the Dark Side) or that he would let that turn his ideals upside down, when they were barely starting to get to know one-another(a big gripe of mine is that Nakaba didn't allow the 4 enough time together before the timeskip to warrant deep emotional impact should anything happen to break them apart for as long a period as 2+ years and once they're all reunited)...and you're comparing Tristan's relationship with Percival to that he shares with the guy who participated in his making and raised him for 16+ years?! Neither of his parents holds particular grudges against people who haven't harmed them to the extent their parents did, he does take after them, he's merely confused in thinking that he should be only like one of the 2 and not the sum of all he learned from them, and all he doesn't care to...And the biggest issue for him, playing into his unwillingness to tap into his PoD, is that he hates harming people, he hates being too brutal.(It's one trait where he doesn't only parallel Mel, but also King). He will most likely fight Percy in a callback to the Istar cave and it'll be out of their system.
Besides, in a previous post you said it would be his demonic powers influencing him down that path...I'm sorry, but how? When he went demon mode, it didn't change his opinions or intentions, he was always aiming to get back to fighting Arthur, yelling at his father his complaints, but he didn't even try to make it a 3-way-fight, he was merely struggling to bypass Mel. And by blending some of King's character arc into Tristan, Nakaba's been keeping the kid from being too much like Meliodas or Elizabeth. But at the end of the day, the fool doesn't even hold a grudge towards Lancelot, whom he envies for being everything Meliodas is openly proud of. They're rivals, but it doesn't stop them from being friends, nor Tristan from looking up to Lancelot or heeding his advice. It would be even easier to get back to friendly terms with percy once he acknowledges his fears and they put his worries down.

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn, that is a fine cover. Also, it seems the thing attached to Donny's arm is able to serve as a shield as one would suspect but this cover indicates that he can use it like a frisbee. One that probably can take your head off.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Volume 16 came out, here's the link to the extras.

TL:
Page 2:
Thitis, can you get in touch with King, Diane and Gowther?
Sounds like a plan.♫
For your information, I'm not your maid.

Page 4:
Band: "Four nights of the Apocalypse" designs VIII
~The genesis of Tyolet~
This time, we have the appearance of King and Diane's daughter, the name's Tyolet!
...she's the half-Fairy half-Giant child that I drew two years ago for a game.
Given that I casually set her up as the seventh child of King and Diane back then, I panicked and had to come up with the six others when she was about to debut in the manga.
She heavily looks like a Fairy but she takes her personality and expressions after her mother.
A pretty face that employs her wonderful fellow animals from the Fairy realm!!

Page 5:
SFX (3x): Floating

Page 6:
Title: Looking for her star (1)

Right before the Holy War ended 18 years before the present time.

This is horrible...
The spectacle is unsightly...

This is the world that the two Great Holy Knights wanted?

SFX (2x): Squish...

SFX: Squish

Page 7:
SFX (2x): Squish

Are you still alive...?

Plea... se... take care of this child...
of my... baby.

O-of your baby?
How am I supposed to do that...?

I... beg... you...

Page 8:
...if there's anything to resent, it's the time and place you were born into...
no, resent yourself for asking someone such as me.

Bwaaaaah!!
Bwaaaah!!

Page 9:
I used to be feared as Golgius of the Weird Fangs, Baste's guardians...
and here I am washing a baby's diaper by a river, how pathetic of me... Aaaa--

Atchooo!!!

...at least be thankful.
Thank to you, I'm getting a cold.

Nbah.
Kyuh kyuh.

Bwah!
Bwah!

Oh geez, what's gotten into you?
There there, good girl, good girl.
Bwah!
Just tell me with words.

Page 10:
SFX: Stare...

SFX: Chomp
Ooh.♡
SFX: Suck suck

Nothing's gonna come out!! I'm a dude after all!!!
Bwaaaah!!!
SFX: Chomp
Like I said, don't chomp on it...
Oh my my...

We help each other in times of need.
Yeah...
What a cute kid... what's her name?

Name...

Page 11:
Peekaboo!

Boooh.♪

Whoaaa!!!
Encore, encore!

You really like it, Thitis, don't you?
I love it! I love dad!!

I see, I see.

Page 12:
Thitis, it's almost dinnertime, you'll read the book after that.
Dad.

You were a Holy Knight at the castle, weren't you?
Why you don't work there anymore?

There were circumstances...
no... it wasn't it. Your dad believed in what was right and did nothing but bad things.
Thanks to that, I became the kingdom's wanted person... I'm despicable, ain't I?

Page 13:
Then I will go ask the Queen.
Huh?
To have you work in the castle again.

...the Queen...

As long as I am alive, I can fight and protect poeple for their sake,
and share their hardhips and sadness...

You brought that up all of a sudden...!
You've never seen lady Elizabeth, let alone meet her, have you?

Mm-hmm.
I did a long time ago!

Page 14:
Nmuh... Good goodness.
This meat's half-baked.

How about yours, Thitis?
It's half-baked too.

SFX: Mutter mutter mutter

Page 15:
Eeeh!?
Wai...
Wha...
Eeeeeeh!?

Don't act so surprised, dad, it's just magic.
No, not what I meant!! You... can use magic!?

Yes...
It seems like this body can use it.

I would beat my enemies with punches and kicns in my previous body!!
I already knocked down Meliodas the Liones king!!

That's golden!!
You punched and kicked that monster!?

...Thitis.
...are you talking about the weird dreams you were having lately...?

Page 16:
If I recall correctly, in one of your dreams, you were a Demon and killed by one of the Four Archangels, weren't you?

I've been looking for my star since then...
Star?

Yes... the star that will set me free.

The Trick Star.

THE END

Page 23:
Hey, hey, hey. Heeeeey!!!

The next volume will release on June 17th.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Dumping all of Thetis's backstory like that. So she isn't Golgius's biological daughter.

We got Tyolet's Genesis before Tristan and Gawain's. Despite her strong Fairy blood still counts as an hybrid so all of King and Diane's do and can enter Camelot.

Mael didn't use the reincarnation spell on Monspiet IIRC but I guess he'll come back anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It looks like the ability to use Spells is just a matter of talent. You can't just learn them if you aren't born with the gift.

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dumping all of Thetis's backstory like that. So she isn't Golgius's biological daughter.

We got Tyolet's Genesis before Tristan and Gawain's. Despite her strong Fairy blood still counts as an hybrid so all of King and Diane's do and can enter Camelot.

Mael didn't use the reincarnation spell on Monspiet IIRC but I guess he'll come back anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It looks like the ability to use Spells is just a matter of talent. You can't just learn them if you aren't born with the gift.
Didn't the hybrid need to be at least part human to enter Camelot. Tristan is kinda part human as well since Elizabeth is Goddess in human body

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Didn't the hybrid need to be at least part human to enter Camelot. Tristan is kinda part human as well since Elizabeth is Goddess in human body
We talked about this many times. I don't think Tristan is part Human, his race is Nephilim. Only his Demon and Goddess powers matter. Human percentage isn't relevant in his story and it brings nothing. Elizabeth herself is confirmed to be a Goddess in the fanbook, even though she has a Human body.

Meliodas talked about being part Humans but Thetis said that it's not strange that they can enter because there were no hybrids back then. As long as you are hybrid, you can enter.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What a short but heartwarming little sidestory about Golgius and Thetis. Since she brought it up herself, Monspiet will in one form or another return to the setting as well, absolutely sure of it.

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
We talked about this many times. I don't think Tristan is part Human, his race is Nephilim. Only his Demon and Goddess powers matter. Human percentage isn't relevant in his story and it brings nothing. Elizabeth herself is confirmed to be a Goddess in the fanbook, even though she has a Human body.

Meliodas talked about being part Humans but Thetis said that it's not strange that they can enter because there were no hybrids back then. As long as you are hybrid, you can enter.
I think what she mean was "human" hybrid not all hybrid.Meliodas even said that Tristan and Lancelot is half non human which the other half is human. Even thought Elizabeth is a goddess but her body still a human, she her self said that she only half Goddess and second last chapter of NNT. What Thethis meant was since there is no record of hybrid then the barrier can be bypass by a human hybrid

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think what she mean was "human" hybrid not all hybrid.Meliodas even said that Tristan and Lancelot is half non human which the other half is human. Even thought Elizabeth is a goddess but her body still a human, she her self said that she only half Goddesa and second last chapter of NNT
My point is that, even in this body, Elizabeth doesn't count as some kind of hybrid. If Tristan is Human-Demon-Goddess, then he isn't a Nephilim.

Do you think Nasiens, who is now confirmed to be Fairy-Giant hybrid will be unable to enter Camelot? That's very unlikely.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
I compared the volume version to the magazine version. Link to finishes and additions here. There are more of them but they are usual minor things like shading, speed lines or background stuff.
However, the page numbered 94 is new and wasn't in the serialization.
I'll translate it:
Game is over with a decisive move.☆
Hell yeah!! Serves him right!! That's the champion Gowther for ya!!

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My point is that, even in this body, Elizabeth doesn't count as some kind of hybrid. If Tristan is Human-Demon-Goddess, then he isn't a Nephilim.

Do you think Nasiens, who is now confirmed to be Fairy-Giant hybrid will be unable to enter Camelot? That's very unlikely.
He still born from a human flesh so even though his races is Nephilim, his body still part of human just like Elizabeth who still called a Goddess even though she is in human body.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Page 33 is a curious one. Bertolepe did not only cut the clouds in the sky in half, he literally cut the fabric or space. It wasn't entirely clear in the original scene, the volume rework makes it clear that he didn't just cut through some distant cloud, he wrecked the whole dimension. That is.... worrysome haha

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Page 33 is a curious one. Bertolepe did not only cut the clouds in the sky in half, he literally cut the fabric or space. It wasn't entirely clear in the original scene, the volume rework makes it clear that he didn't just cut through some distant cloud, he wrecked the whole dimension. That is.... worrysome haha
Wow, you are right. Looks like spatial slash is confirmed then.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Oops, forgot to tell you that Volume 17 will come out on June 17th. The info is also added on the translation post.

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
O extra do volume 16 confirmou 2 coisas:

-thetis é a reencarnação de derieri

beltreip really have space magic

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Thitis, can you keep in touch with King, Diane and Gowther?
Sounds like a plan.♫
For your information, I'm not your maid.
Isn't it more more correct here that Meliodas tells Thetis to call King Diane and Gowther rather than to keep in touch with them

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Isn't it more more correct here that Meliodas tells Thetis to call King Diane and Gowther rather than to keep in touch with them
That's what in touch means, isn't it? Contact, call.
Though it should be get, not keep. Fixed.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn nakaba really just confirmed it and threw it out there WELP IM HAPPY interesting she still has all her memories as derieri I like it though

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That is crazy

Ironside: wind
Pellegarde: fire
Beltreipe: FUCKING SPACE