Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine - News and Discussion | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine - News and Discussion

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What are your favorite current Weekly Shonen Magazine manga? All-time favorite?
Current: Hajime no ippo EASILY
All time: Ashita no joe but GTO is a close second

ThisIsIt

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Kindaichi Case Files.
It kick start my interest to Magazine in first place. And thanks to that I now get to know a lot of amazing series

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kindaichi Case Files.
It kick start my interest to Magazine in first place. And thanks to that I now get to know a lot of amazing series
That’s a really good one, 90s and 70s magazine was so goated omg, similar to 80s and 2000s Shōnen jump

Last edited:

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
All-time favorite is Tsurikichi Sanpei, I used to be a big Nanatsu no Taizai fan until you-know-what happened
I like Kaze Densetsu and Cromartie High School a lot too

current favorite is hard, Blue Lock is the thing I keep up with the most, so that i guess that

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
All-time favorite is Tsurikichi Sanpei, I used to be a big Nanatsu no Taizai fan until you-know-what happened
I like Kaze Densetsu and Cromartie High School a lot too

current favorite is hard, Blue Lock is the thing I keep up with the most, so that i guess that
Is Tsurikichi SanpeI and Kaze Denetsu translated, I have been trying to read them

Tymano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Favorite current series is probably Amagami, although it could be Ao no Miburo if more of it was translated. All-time favorite is definitely Baby Steps with syd as a close second.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

natsu x777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Current...jummm, actually i'm really having fun reading Megami no Café Terrace, it makes me laugh a lot, Sentai Daishikkaku is dense to read for me but the content is really good, Blue Lock takes his time but is realy good, same as Shangri - La Frontier.

My all time favorite magazine series is GTO, but Fairy Tail is the reason that i am here.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Surprised no one said a silent voice as their favorite, though tbf that is moreso known for it’s movie in the west

Inumaru

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Current: Blue Lock.
All time: Ahiru no Sora.

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kindaichi Case Files.
o this a got choice kindaichi make me like detective type series in general so yeah

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
o this a got choice kindaichi make me like detective type series in general so yeah
Yup the cool thing about this series is that while it has an overarching plot it is mainly eposodic, I definitely highly recommend the original run as every one of those stories are pretty good and clearly had a lot of care written into them

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yup the cool thing about this series is that while it has an overarching plot it is mainly eposodic, I definitely highly recommend the original run as every one of those stories are pretty good and clearly had a lot of care written into them
Yeah,sometimes when i need some to watch or read i just put some random case of the original is so good even after remember when the cases go

Vizard

Reaction score
Country
Genosha

ThisIsIt

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
That’s a really good one, 90s and 70s magazine was so goated omg, similar to 60s and 2000s Shōnen jump
Yeah they also have two of my all time favorites manga in that period. Kotaro Makaritoru and Super Doctor K. Then Psychometrer Eiji and GTO later on. I wish I had witness or at least own magazine in that period.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah they also have two of my all time favorites manga in that period. Kotaro Makaritoru and Super Doctor K. Then Psychometrer Eiji and GTO later on. I wish I had witness or at least own magazine in that period.
Me realizing I accidentally put 60s jump instead of 80s lol. Super Doctor K is pretty cool as I like the muscle man action genre, haven’t read Kotaro though is it translated? Eiji I wasn’t huge on felt like an overly edgy take on the shonen detective genre, GTO is insanely goated I also like the prequel manga. They also have shoot (sadly not fully translated) and Harlem beat which while not as good as slam dunk definitely was an interesting spin on the genre

ThisIsIt

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Me realizing I accidentally put 60s jump instead of 80s lol. Super Doctor K is pretty cool as I like the muscle man action genre, haven’t read Kotaro though is it translated? Eiji I wasn’t huge on felt like an overly edgy take on the shonen detective genre, GTO is insanely goated I also like the prequel manga. They also have shoot (sadly not fully translated) and Harlem beat which while not as good as slam dunk definitely was an interesting spin on the genre
No, I read Kotaro on my local bookstore. It's not translate in English. It's mix between martial art and traditional battle shonen plotline. Althrough it's bit pervert but also have very emotional moment.

I never read Shoot but about Harlem Beat is really good too. Especially for myself who don't like basketball, mainly because it focus on coming of age subplot rather than pure basketball competition.

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Weekly Shonen Magazine 2024 - #21 - #22 (04/24/2023)

1. Blue Lock (Magazine Cover, Lead Color Pages, Interview between Shimazaki Nobunaga [Nagi Seichirou Seiyu] and Kazuki Ura [Isagi Yoichi Seiyu]) Ch. 259
  2. Blue Lock -Episode Of Nagi- (Special Oneshot, 22 Pages)
  3. Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsujinai Ch. 131
  4. Ao no Miburo (Color Page, Start of the Second Part) Ch. 123
  5. Megami no Café Terrace Ch. 149
  6. Sentai Daishikkaku Ch. 136
  7. Kanan sama ha Akumade Choroi Ch. 94
  8. Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Ch. 147
  9. Shangri-La Frontier ~Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Ch. 175
  10. Mayonaka Heart Tune Ch. 28
  11. Edens Zero Ch. 285
  12. Kakkou no linazuke Ch. 201
  13. Jyushin no Katana Ch. 24
  14. Seitokai ni mo ana wa aru! Ch 90
  15. Akabane Honeko no Bodyguard Ch. 77
  16. Kanojo, Okarishimasu Ch. 327
  17. Gachiakuta Ch. 95
  18. Banjou no Orion Ch. 15
  19. Yowayowa Sensei Ch. 70
  20. Hajime no Ippo Ch. 1454
  21. Amagami san Chi no Enmusubi Ch. 134
  22. Brave Bell Ch. 43
  23. Shiroi Ori (Oneshot by Shibaya Shiu, 32 Pages)
Absents: Fumetsu no Anata e Ch. 187 - 1, Ahiru no Sora Ch. 618 (Hiatus)
Color Pages:
Weekly Shonen Magazine 2024 - #23 (05/08/2023)
Lead Color Pages: Mayonaka Heart Tune (Celebration for reprints of all his volumes and start of Popularity Poll)
Color Page: Yowayowa Sensei, Kamisama no Shokujidesu (Oneshot)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I share with you the Oneshot Shiroi Ori that was published this week in the magazine

https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/2550689798442670487
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Bessatsu Shonen Magazine Series by author Tora Hotate (Art) and Tanaka Leon (Story) Craters Thinks Promotional Color Page published in Weekly Shonen Magazine issue #21 - #22