School - What is your favourite subject? | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

School What is your favourite subject?

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
High School: My favorite subjects are biology, psychology, Japanese and art. I never take chemistry throughout my high school, but I know I'll have lots of fun with it as well. As for what I hate, I hate P.E., physics and math. I don't like working with numbers. I still regret choosing physics over biology for the last two years of my high school, just because I want to learn to like it. Never came to like it in the end.

University: Got to admit, my favorites are all the biological sciences; every single anatomy courses (gross anatomy, neuroanatomy, histology, embryology), physiology, microbiology, pathology, and even pharmacology. I hate almost every subjects that are "in my major" (I'm taking dental medicine major), except for oral medicine and oral pathology. I hate manual works...so that kinda explain why I hate almost everything that dentists have to do; fillings, scaling, extracting, treating root canals, dentures and stuff. Almost every single one of my friends hate oral medicine and oral pathology since it needs a lot of memorization, no manual lab works to help pull their grade up and such, but I'm totally fond with those two subjects, while having sheer hatred for everything else. >_<"

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My favourite subject is most definitely History, especially Ancient History. I've always been great at the subject, minus that one time when we reached recent history, though I later learned to love it. I love History so much that for a long time I wanted to become an archaeologist, until I did an internship at the local university and discovered how boring it can be (it's nothing like Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider!).

Anyway, History is one of the few subjects in which I managed to get the highest score on tests. The other two would be English and Geometry. English has always been pretty much a cakewalk for me, even more so when I started Secondary School in that English was actually easier!I can't say that it was my favourite subject though seeing as it was pretty boring. Geometry is a strange case. I have a love/hate relationship with that particular subject. It's the one subject in which I've managed to get both the lowest as well as the highest scores in my class. I understand how the whole thing works, but every so often I'd have to do an exercise that would leave me so confused as to not be able to answer it. In the end it all worked out though seeing as I managed to get a 199 out of 200 points in the National Exam, which I think was the highest score anyone's ever got for Geometry at my Secondary School (hehe :3c). Studying for that exam was a nightmare though, probably the worst two weeks of my life...

Art is also another favourite subject of mine. I consider myself something of an artist (despite me being so lazy as to almost never work in improving my skill) so Art class was always a joy. Excluding the 7th and 11th grades, the atmosphere in class was always pretty chill, our projects were fun and we had so much liberty in regards to what we had to do. I loved everytime we had to work on paintings, as well as everytime we did group projects. Plus the teachers were great. One time I managed to turn one class into a paper plane contest, that's how cool the teachers were!

powil

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
I like psychology. :) Hate math.
Also disliked music and marketing because of the teachers!

EvilGenious

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have always enjoyed the sciences since I was a kid, and depending on the teacher, math as well. Now I am majoring in secondary science education...LOL!

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
:toc:shynervi love soccer since i was a baby and i played in so many leagues and wona few times the title as the best striker of the season while i love play video games in my free time and of course having a lone time with my sweetheart

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the sciences are still my favorite subject. The problem with other subjects is that I have to really try to "force" myself to like the subject Q__Q Or at least, do my best to stay interested because I'd sleep in class otherwise. *Lazypanda* haha

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
anatomy has to be the coolest subject especially when you get to dissect things, and see what make up living things.

Cloudyrain

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
HISTORY is my Favorite subject :zomg with math :mono X3

Crown Clown

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Hmm... The best I can break mine down to would be Physics and maybe some Biology (Marine Biology if I could choose specifically)

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
My fav subject would be Maths. But not all of it. I like algebras & Geometry. I've always hated Trigonometry & Calculus.
I liked Physics but only the part of Light & Heat. Calorimetry was my favorite part in Physics.
Up until 2nd year of high school, I liked Chemistry as well. But it got too complicated later.

Polemos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I always was extremely interested in physics. Before I had physics at school as a separate subject (it was in primary school, back then physics, biology, chemistry and geography were forced onto each other, we'd mostly learn biology and geography and little of the rest until middle school) I'd enjoy biology, but since it becomes more "remember this, don't forget that" my interest dropped, I guess it was too much remembering for my brain to handle. I always was good at languages (not German somehow, I guess it's just how my family is, they all hate German), English is 100% my favourite. History is cool too, depends on what we're talking about.

LighteningLord

Reaction score
Country
India
This depends on the teacher as well as on individual liking. For me, my favorite subject was, is and always would be Zoology and even deeper, its Wildlife Sciences. I love field work!!:spaz: :tata3

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
When I was a high school student, they were Biology, Chemistry, German, and English. I used to find Chemistry and English difficult, but I met great teachers. My final Chemistry scores were even better than Biology ones. I also like some units of Physics, like Electricity and Momentum.

When I was a college student, they were all disciplines of Zoology (except Ichthyology), Microbiology, and Ecology (not all though).

This depends on the teacher as well as on individual liking. For me, my favorite subject was, is and always would be Zoology and even deeper, its Wildlife Sciences. I love field work!!:spaz: :tata3
:zomg Everything makes sense now. So this is why you always used photos of animals and took them at national park in past photography contests. They all were awesome. Do you study Zoology/Wildlife Sciences or work at a national park?

I like watching Nat Geo Wild, especially Monster Fish :zomg

LighteningLord

Reaction score
Country
India
:zomg Everything makes sense now. So this is why you always used photos of animals and took them at national park in past photography contests. They all were awesome. Do you study Zoology/Wildlife Sciences or work at a national park?
I completed my Bachelors this year in Zoology and have applied for Masters in Wildlife Biology and Ecology. Well I don't work at any Protected Area but I also happen to be the youngest person to be picked up for a biodiversity survey in a Wildlife Sanctuary back in my first year. Since then I have surveyed 6 Protected areas .... so you know, I click photos so that I learn from them.

PS: After clicking that Golden Langur photo I was chased to death by a herd of Elephants. Was damn scary so please don't go out in the field on your own

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For now, it's either Biology or Chemistry.

I'm particularly interested in the biological processes that happen at a molecular or cellular level such as DNA, Macromolecules/Micromolecules, etc. Anatomy and Physiology is alright. Not really into Genetics, Heredity, Ecology, Zoology, or Botany though.

As for chemistry, it's really a hit or miss depending on how much physics and mathematics is involved.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
In highschool I loved art and history (and eventually Art History too). I'm just fascinated by history in general and find it very interesting to see how the earth came to be the way it is right now. It helped that I had good teachers for it too. They're very passionate and often a bit weird too. And art... well. That's easy if it was (still is) a hobby :)

And when studying psychology... eh. Good question. I liked the course "basic psychology" a lot. It explored the history of psychology, old theories etc.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say my favorite subject has got to be related to either Forensics or Criminology.

Both the social and scientific aspects of those subjects are quite interesting and it also gives you new insights into things you've never witnessed before. It makes you think from a logical standpoint and exposes you to some really perplexing stories about criminal cases or just human behaviors, in general.

In my opinion, learning how the mind of a criminal works and the information you can obtain just by looking at the damage done to a human body are probably the two major factors for my interest in the subject.

And personally, finding ways to recover lost/forged evidence, explaining the motives behind a person's actions, or simply understanding people's mind games never seems to get old.