Language - What Languages do you know? | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Language What Languages do you know?

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Russian
Croatian
English
Serbian
Makedonian
Bosnian
Ukranian

[mod=Naomidee]Added[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

lost in space

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
i can speak arabe english and little little french and spanich

[mod=Naomidee]Added[/mod]

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not enough.

English.
Chinese - Mandarin.

I've forgotten the rest that I learned early in highschool, but dropped, like French/German/Latin/Greek. :XD

[mod=Naomidee]Added. I didn't know that you knew Mandarin though, BakaHaze. That's pretty cool.[/mod]

Punky fish

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
The last time I answered to this thread was like... three of four years ago? So I've actually studied another language, yay..... It's latin! I can speak it a bit and understand it somehow if spoken, but I've mostly just studied to read it.

Added ~Icei

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Ah, found a beautiful thread <3

Anyway, I so love learning new languages, I hope once I can proudly say I'm multilingual.

My mother language is Slovak and I'm fluent in Czech as well; they're similar and I spent holidays there when I was a kid.

I don't know how good my english is, I'm a student of a slovak-english billigual school though. Let's just say I'm fluent in english as well, although I know I make grammar mistakes here and there.

I've studied spanish for a year; I quit due to.. well, the professor had bad teaching skills and I started to dislike the language because of that, so I just quit. I quite understand written text, but it's more like I just figure out what is the text about from few things I remember :XD

And soo, as my second foreign language (after english), I have italian now. My cousin lives there, so I use to go there for long visits. And as for now, I know very little, I hope I'll be better next holidays :D

Eh, it's not over, I'm also learning japanese, but that's just a form of self-study. No problem with sentence structure, particles and other basic things but I have no resolve to learn kanji :sweat I'm saying to myself, once I get my e-reader I'll study more.

I used to learn german (for six years, haha) but I know absolutely nothing now. Oh, I remember 'Eins zwei polizei, drei vier officier, funs sechs alte hex...' but that's it.
Hey and I can read arabic, but that's just from a year-game in scout :tem

Uff, I think I have a history with languages. But I swear I'll be fluent in them, once! (A)

Added. (Toooo many *cries*) ~Icei

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Ah, found a beautiful thread <3

Anyway, I so love learning new languages, I hope once I can proudly say I'm multilingual.

My mother language is Slovak and I'm fluent in Czech as well; they're similar and I spent holidays there when I was a kid.

I don't know how good my english is, I'm a student of a slovak-english billigual school though. Let's just say I'm fluent in english as well, although I know I make grammar mistakes here and there.

I've studied spanish for a year; I quit due to.. well, the professor had bad teaching skills and I started to dislike the language because of that, so I just quit. I quite understand written text, but it's more like I just figure out what is the text about from few things I remember :XD

And soo, as my second foreign language (after english), I have italian now. My cousin lives there, so I use to go there for long visits. And as for now, I know very little, I hope I'll be better next holidays :D

Eh, it's not over, I'm also learning japanese, but that's just a form of self-study. No problem with sentence structure, particles and other basic things but I have no resolve to learn kanji :sweat I'm saying to myself, once I get my e-reader I'll study more.

I used to learn german (for six years, haha) but I know absolutely nothing now. Oh, I remember 'Eins zwei polizei, drei vier officier, funs sechs alte hex...' but that's it.
Hey and I can read arabic, but that's just from a year-game in scout :tem

Uff, I think I have a history with languages. But I swear I'll be fluent in them, once! (A)
Sieben, acht guten nacht...:XD...same here with german...studied it for 4 years, but it was a long time ago...I still understand some bits of words and such, but I like to refer to this as not knowing german at all:p

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
[mod=Naomidee]Added. I didn't know that you knew Mandarin though, BakaHaze. That's pretty cool.[/mod]
Whaat? How else could I possibly translate from Chn-> English...:XD

Sama_al_Azraq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Indonesian is my country language. Javanese is my mother language although I'm not good on it.
I understand English and Japanese but often make grammatical mistakes.
Can read/write Arabic words (not fluent) but do not understand the meaning.

[mod=Naomidee]Javanese had never been added to the list before, so you're the first! Added[/mod]

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
    • Romanian- native
    • English- proficient
    • Dutch- fluent
    • Spanish - advanced
    • Japanese- just a few phrases and some basic vocabulary
    • Sarcasm - good :cheez

Added ~Icei

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm half-Portuguese and half-Scottish so my native languages would be English and Portuguese. I can also read in French and Spanish, though I have trouble using both languages in conversations.

Added ~Icei

Tick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My mother language it's portuguese, but, since the two languages really look like, I can understand some spanish too.
I also know english and a few words in japanese.

Added ~Icei

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Tried to learn German Lately but the only I can say is count from 1 to 1000000, Good Morning/evening/night and the first thing you learn about a new language (You know what I'm taking about :rant:cussing:3c) -_-;

Added ~Icei

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Portuguese (native)
English (passable), I can read and listening with no problem, but speaking and writing is kind of hard... it's mostly because I never did an english course
Spanish - It looks like portuguese in some ways, so a can understand some of it, but I can't speak shit.

I'm thinking about having some french or german class, also it'll be important to polish my english(I want to try a student exchange program with my university)

Added ~Icei

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Still merely a bilingual with Spanish being my first language and English my second... I am fluent with English although I do have a bit of a Latino accent. I was planning on starting italian or german this month but I never quite got to it.... Maybe I am just lazy lol

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
    • Romanian- native
    • English- proficient
    • Dutch- fluent
    • Spanish - advanced
    • Japanese- just a few phrases and some basic vocabulary
    • Sarcasm - good :cheez
Romanian? Native? :o

Come to this thread...:oh

NOW!:yelling

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Darija-Native
Darija is the Moroccan Arabic dialect.It's very different from Standard Arabic.Some even count it as language, not just a dialect.
Arabic-Fluent
French-Fluent
English-Fluent
Some basics in Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean.

Added ~Icei

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cantonese and English are fluent. I've taken lessons in Japanese, courses in French, Korean and Latin as well. Who speaks Latin nowadays, I have no idea. Maybe one day I will end up going to the Vatican City and trying it out there -shrug- As for Korean, I've learned the basic alphabet and grammar structure so I can create simple sentences.

Added ~Icei

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Let's see :
1. Indonesian - Native
2. English - Fluent
3. Japanese - Fluent (but not with handwriting, my Japanese Kanji handwriting sucks)
4. German - Fluent
5. French - Basic phrases. Still struggling with the accent
6. Spanish - same with French
7. Arab - writing and reading, should expand my vocab.

Also I could speak several local Indonesian languages ( Javanese, Sundanese and West Sumatera-nese )

Added ~Icei

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Currently learning German. My pronunciation has vastly improved, though there are still some sounds that I have difficulty in pronouncing.

Added ~Icei

外国人

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
English- native
Japanese- advanced
German- beginner

Added ~Icei