Anime - What's coming next! (Manga spoilers included) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime What's coming next! (Manga spoilers included)

Shukumei

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've actually been wondering that myself. The thing is, shouldn't Allen have recognized the Earl's voice all this time? We have:

A) Fat-looking, silly "clown" Earl
B) Noah inside the clown suit that looks like the Mana Allen knew
C) Bishounen Mana before he blew off / changed his face before Allen knew him

During all his encounters with the clown Earl, Allen hasn't thought he sounded like Mana. Furthermore, he hasn't encountered (and noticed) the human Earl with Mana's face. If clown-suit Earl and the Noah inside have the same voice, which is Mana's, shouldn't Allen have noticed? Certainly the Noah inside must have the same voice as the Mana which Allen knew, though.

Can this all be explained by "tone" or distortion? The Earl does speak in a weird fashion with the last kana of the speech bubble being the opposite of all those which preceded (hiragana vs. katakana).

I expect the Earl's anime VA will voice both A and B, though, given who was chosen. He does something similar in Fairy Tail, voicing a serious character and a silly one.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you're saying same VA, different voices, then I agree that would make the most sense here. The Earl (regal and powerful with a twist of cuteness) and Mana's (polite and humble... with a hint of tragedy?) speech patterns are very different in the manga so I would expect the same for the anime. That doesn't mean both voices can't come from the same actor however. :)

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Maybe the Earl suit changes his voice?
Allen haven't seen Adam w/o the suit yet....

capricorn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
The drawings look nice, iIs this twitter page from the official animators themselves.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The drawings look nice, iIs this twitter page from the official animators themselves.
Looks like it belongs to a production director named Tagashira. :)

(Adorable, except for the yellow tears.)

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Looks like it belongs to a production director named Tagashira. :)

(Adorable, except for the yellow tears.)
Yup, she is in charge of the storyboard

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I can not see the tweet. :( Page no found.

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ready. Connection issues?:neutral
I can see "Jhonny" xD

andrewsungchehau

Reaction score
Country
Brunei
Hi everyone. Ever since the announcement of the anime being 13 episodes, a lot of people wonder if the studio can fit in Alma's arc properly. I reread the manga and make some prediction/estimation on the probability of how the studio is gonna adapt the manga chapters into 13 episodes. These are just solely based on my personal estimate adaptation. I'll try to avoid as much spoiler as possible.

Warning-heavy spoiler ahead for anime only viewer.

Episode 1 - Chapter 165-167 (3 weekly chapters)

Title: 14th (I think I saw it on one of Hoshino sensei's instagram pic) - New HQ, Cross conversation with Allen, some revelation on 14th(last anime did use 14th) and conclude with Allen return to Lenalee.

Episode 2 Chapter 168-171(4 weekly chapters)

Title: There is a silence -
Cross incident.
Introduction of new characters. Conclude with Leverrier conversation with Lenny

Note that episode 1 & 2 chapters might have some interchange due to anime probably change some detail according to Trailer 2.

Episode 3 Chapter 172-174 (3 weekly chapters)

Title - A Thief? A Ghost? An Innocence? - Start of Phantom Thief G arc. Meeting Theif G. Conclude with Phantom thief G
escape.

Episode 4 Chapter 175-178 (4 weekly chapters)

Title - Child thief - Continue Thief G arc. Fighting occur. End with Emilia being protected by
Akuma Lvl 2
. These chapters mostly deal with action/movement scene, therefore it is possible to completely adapt all chapters into 1 episode.

Episode 5 Chapter 179-183 (5 weekly chapters)

Title - It's All Right If It Washes Off Your Face - continue battle, science division interference, and conclusion of Thief G arc (with ending animation being replaced by epilogue animation) These chapters mostly deal with action/movement scene, therefore it is possible to completely adapt all chapters into 1 episode.

Episode 6 Chapter 184-186 (3 weekly chapters)

Title - Born of Hatred and Love -
Third exorcist
introduction and a little information on Kanda past.

Note: D Gray Man manga go monthly from 188 onwards until 218. 219 till current chapter are release quarterly. Most monthly chapters cover around 30 pages, while sometimes it only consist of 20+ pages. Future chapter release currently are quarterly. Unknown if there will be any more changes in the future.

Episode 7 Chapter 187-188 (1 long chapter and 1 monthly chapter-rough estimate of 85pgs, around 5 weekly chapters)

Title - Blood Crusade - Introduction of Noah family, Mission, North America branch
invasion
. End with Allen arrive North American branch who is greet by
the Earl
. These chapters mostly deal with action/movement scene, therefore it is possible to completely adapt all chapters into 1 episode.

Episode 8 Chapter 189-190 (2 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 70pgs, around 4 weekly chapters)

Title - The Fruitless Garden - North American branch event and start of Kanda past.

Episode 9 Chapter 191-192 (2 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 70pgs, around 4 weekly chapters)

Title - The Revealed Apostles - Continue Kanda past. End with Alma discover the truth about
2nd Exorcist project.

Episode 10 Chapter 193-195 (3 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 86pgs, around 5 weekly chapters)

Title - Alma Karma Awakens - final part of Kanda past, Alma awakening, End with
Earl temptation
. Chapters 194-195 mostly deal with action/movement scene.

Episode 11 Chapter 196-198 (3 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 90pgs, around 5 weekly chapters)

Title - Unfruitful Truth - continue battle, partial
14th
awakening, End with Alma
explode
. These chapters mostly deal with action/movement scene.

Episode 12 Chapter 199-201(3 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 83pgs, around 5 weekly chapters)

Title - Seeds of Destruction - end of battle and shocking end. These chapters mostly deal with action/movement scene.

Episode 13 Chapter 202-205 (4 monthly chapters--rough estimate of 120pgs, around 7 weekly chapters)

Title - My home - Noah family scene, treating the injure, short meeting, cafeteria scene, Allen and Link conversation,
14th
awakening,
Apocrypho
arrive and trying to
unite with Crown Clown
Tyki and Road
arrive, short fight, escape and pursue,
Allen and Tyki conversation, Allen and Road conversation, Allen and Lenalee conversation

Chapter 202 – around 8-9 minutes, Chapter 203-204 – around 6-7 minutes(mostly action/movement scene from these 2 chapters, Chapter 205 –around 8-9 minutes with no opening and no ending animation

By weekly standard, around 57 chapters to adapt into 13 episodes. 2 episode for introduction, 3 episodes for Phantom Thief G arc, 1 episode for new characters introduction, 6 episodes for Alma arc, and 1 episode for epilogue.

So this is my prediction and it is possible to adapt Alma arc properly with 13 episodes without cutting too much, or at best, nothing cut out. Though final episode can be tricky or challenge if the studio decide to use chapter 202-205 as final episode. However, I think most people who read the manga would also think this is a good ending point for the season. For more detail, read the manga to spoil yourself or patiently wait a few month for the anime to reach the final episode.:P

Possible Extra:
1. OVA Chapter 159-164 –
2nd Black Order destructive affair
2. Special - Chapter 206 (a short chapter)

Current manga arc is the ongoing(From chapter 207 onwards) and do not have enough material to fully adapt the arc yet. However, In the future, the studio might pull a Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu which they adapt an arc through the amount of content with the right amount of episodes instead of 1 full season, provided if the current arc didn’t really need one full season to animate.

Oh my, this is so much fun!!!xD Let see how much its gonna be the same. Hope you all enjoy it!!!xD[/Spoiler][/SPOILER]

Last edited:

capricorn

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I doubt they will make it to Apocryphos but hopefully I am wrong. I too think tht chapter 205 would be the ideal endiing point or even perhaps the ending of chapter 201.

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is there any news on who is going to do Neahs voice?
I always thought they were going to give him a VA, but after last episode I started to doubt that..
They might do the same thing as they did with Allens dream about Mana, with the text and stuff..

Oh and they are using the same VA for the Earl and Mana.

Also fun fact: a few from the original (and Hallows) cast are now VA's of the MC's in Danganronpa :)

Last edited:

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Is there any news on who is going to do Neahs voice?
I always thought they were going to give him a VA, but after last episode I started to doubt that..
They might do the same thing as they did with Allens dream about Mana, with the text and stuff..
I think they still use Allen's next episode, but another VA takes the role for the "real" one

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is it me or are they going to include the whole "Prison" scene? Because holy shit they are going fast trough this...
In next weeks preview you can already see the part were Alma get back his Innocence (next ep will probably end there)....

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it me or are they going to include the whole "Prison" scene? Because holy shit they are going fast trough this...
In next weeks preview you can already see the part were Alma get back his Innocence (next ep will probably end there)....
This episode stopped things on chapter 189.

So if they keep a fast pace of 3 (at least) chapters per episodes, we could get to the Seed of Destruction arc near the end of the anime. So we may see Apocryphos before things come to an end. The art is good, so I would like to see him animated. Unless they slow the pace a good bit, or just skip over Apocryphos all together, and do something else. lol I wouldn't put it past TMS.