Fun - Which of the Royal Guards would you rather have as your bodyguard? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Which of the Royal Guards would you rather have as your bodyguard?

Which of the Royal Guards would you rather have as your bodyguard?

• Pitou

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Pouf

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yupi

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

MegamanX195

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It can be for whatever reason you want... strenght, personality... even good looks. This is a topic purely for fun.

I'd say Neferpitou, who's the most... balanced, efficient, and overall more pleasant person to be around to me. I know Pitou wouldn't go around disobeying my orders like a certain butterfly...

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Pitou. All the way.

I still see him as a female, by the way. It's just hard not to.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Poor Pufu, He wont get any votes any time soon. xD

Pitou. Mostly because his ability is quite useful.

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pitou. All the way.

I still see him as a female, by the way. It's just hard not to.
I know how you feel, sis. The manga from over here translating Pitou's gender as female didn't really help, either.

heron bpv

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pufu, for mind-controlling fun and bio-weapon shenanigans (this last one when he finds a way to do so without the help of Pitou). Also, lie detector and spy.
Though it may be difficult to get a potential healer like Pitou, a better idea is to avoid danger (and potential nasty damage) to begin with, and best way to achieve so should be a combination of sufficient en range and mind-reading.
As for yupi, you can get a grunt anywhere, or be the tough guy yourself (Reinforcement nen).

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I didn't mean that you would be able to get HxH world skills, BTW. The only "super-powered" one in your team is your bodyguard.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pitou. More balanced between strength and healing.

Pitou will always be female to me... even if the ants are supposedly all male.

steadynco

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I voted Pufu....I like how he's not all that buff but is still an immense threat due to his mind games, hypnotic powers and a nen ability that causes him to be virtually invincible (unless nuked of course). He can fly and I like how he conducts himself gracefully. Quite humanoid (the most out of the three) so he wouldn't stand out too much.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pitou. More balanced between strength and healing.

Pitou will always be female to me... even if the ants are supposedly all male.
Really?I don't remember that,so Hina is male?

And yes Pitou is female:3c.

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Really?I don't remember that,so Hina is male?

And yes Pitou is female:3c.
Yup, supposedly they're all male, since it was mentioned any of them can "force-copulate" with a female from any species. I'm pretty sure Pitou, Hina and Zazan should be female though (as in, their previous incarnations and/or their body type), so I will refer to them as such.

Last edited:

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yupi. He's the most honorable of the bunch.

Tame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pouf would be my last choice, definitely. Out of Yupi and Pitou... hmm, probalby Yupi, to be honest. He seems the most mentally balanced.

mousiehamster

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Since you need a bodyguard, that probably means you're in danger of being killed. Pitou is the surest bet. Not only can (s)he kick ass, Pitou can also take care of any serious injuries.

HiggsBoson

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yupi. It's like having Ubogin as your bodyguard but 10 times more badass.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ants are unisex though some of them are clearly more female than male. Pitou is probably supposed to be male despite being described as a 'mother'...

Assuming you get the Royal's unquestioned devotion (otherwise Pufu is definitely out, too risky), the next question is what do you intend your bodyguard to do. If it's anything less than 'taking on the Hunter's Association' then Pitou is a sure bet because they're all each more than capable of taking out a small nation (Hunter's Association is clearly stronger than a small nation) and Pitou wins for just having the possibilty of being female for any male, not to mention Pitou's special ability is extremely useful as it's pretty much one of those 'can recover from anything as long as you didn't immediately died' and it's pretty hard to beat that to play it safe.

But let's say you're at war with the Hunter's Association so you're actually fighting stuff that will test the limit of your new bodyguard. You'd have to consider a few things. The physical fighting power of someone is directly related to how far away from Reinforcement they are, so we get Yupi > Pufu > Pitou. From looking at stuff like the extent of En we have to assume in terms of aura mastery it's Pitou >>> other 2 (En does not seem to tie to any school and Pitou is way better at it than anyone else). So Pitou would seem like the no brainer since he even seems to be able to fight Uber Gon with some limited success, so although he's the weakest physically it's probably enough because no human is even close to Uber Gon's strength.

But there's a big problem with picking Pitou as your bodyguard. He has no attacks to deal with multiple strong attackers. The puppets are clearly useless on a strong opponent, so he'd have to dispatch the enemy 1 by 1. Although he seems to be by far the fastest of the Royals, it's still a disadvantage compared to Yupi who can just go giant form and block off a chokepoint while fighting multiple guys, or Pufu who can flat out fight multiple guys at once. You'd have to have some knowledge of the nature of the enemy you're fighting. For example if the enemy had 2 Morels and assuming you're a totally normal guy, you'd be pretty screwed because one Morel can definitely keep your Pitou bogged down while the other one kills you, while the other two Royals have abilities that can fight 2 Morel level guys at the same time (not necessarily effectively, but better than nothing).