Why isn't Baam as Overpowered as Enryu was? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Why isn't Baam as Overpowered as Enryu was?

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
We know that outside' god's power/essence entered Baam's body reviving him and he is destined to beat Zahard

--Enryu who was simply messenger of outside god was able to kill an administrator , making him more powerful than Zahard/FH

Obviously baam at EOS will be stronger but why was he not stronger than enryu from the start?

(Correct me if I am misremembering something)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why would he? Enryu was an adult, servant of some divinity and is probably stronger than Baam will ever be. Baam has been resurrected but he is still comparable to the FHs and Urek in terms of potential. Even now Baam is a teenager by Tower standards.

There is no reason to believe that Baam will surpass Enryu in the future TBH. Admins are beyond Zahard and co.

MonsterBaam

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Why would he? Enryu was an adult, servant of some divinity and is probably stronger than Baam will ever be. Baam has been resurrected but he is still comparable to the FHs and Urek in terms of potential. Even now Baam is a teenager by Tower standards.

There is no reason to believe that Baam will surpass Enryu in the future TBH. Admins are beyond Zahard and co.
Well it says "gods power will enter baam". So a part of god can reside on him.

I do believe EOS Baam will be above enryu at the but thats different discussion

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well it says "gods power will enter baam". So a part of god can reside on him.

I do believe EOS Baam will be above enryu at the but thats different discussion
Well, FHs are pretty much considered as deities in their families and IIRC Data Adult Zahard said that he reached the divine realm. Even Shinwonryu means Divine Circle, Whirlpool or something so they are compared to deities. But they are just words.

In the end, Baam's potential is compared to Zahard and SIU said Admins are beyond Zahard and co. The god's power could simply be the power of resurrection. Baam's powers are implied to be something dark/evil(by Rachel and Hoaqin).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is where you might want to pause and consider the source.
Rachel's opinion is indeed not very valuable, but I think Hoaqin's holds some weight considering his nature and personality. He has been calling Baam a monster a few times and was even more convinced of that after what he witnessed during their last fight. He still envies and desires his power though.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
probably stronger than Baam will ever be.
IDK about that, i m hoping he would be the final teacher for Bam after Bam collected all the thorns and Bam would surpass him and then go for the remaining 10.
Otherwise, 1 irregular vs 8 (excluding Traum and Gustang) while all of 8 have fanatical followers is too lopsided.

Blooming_Lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Same question was asked on Reddit so I will copy the most upvoted comment as here it goes:
Why wasn’t Bam stronger than Enyru at the start? Why would a baby be stronger than someone who’s presumably trained for a long time? That would make no sense.

It’s almost like saying “why isn’t LeBron James’ kid better than all NBA players right now?”

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
IDK about that, i m hoping he would be the final teacher for Bam after Bam collected all the thorns and Bam would surpass him and then go for the remaining 10.
Otherwise, 1 irregular vs 8 (excluding Traum and Gustang) while all of 8 have fanatical followers is too lopsided.
Enryu shouldn't have more involvement in the story. His role was to send a message and leave the Thorn. We don't know how this conflict will end but it's not like Baam is going to fight them all at the same time. He is already involved with two of them.

MonsterBaam

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Same question was asked on Reddit so I will copy the most upvoted comment as here it goes:
Why wasn’t Bam stronger than Enyru at the start? Why would a baby be stronger than someone who’s presumably trained for a long time? That would make no sense.

It’s almost like saying “why isn’t LeBron James’ kid better than all NBA players right now?”
I mean enryu was trained outside of tower no? Baam could have also been trained outside of tower and just like enryu could have then entered the tower. Enryu didn't need to climb the tower and power up unless I am forgetting something about him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think in a blog post SIU mentioned enryu will become more important and relevant in later part of the story. Maybe post zahard defeat.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I think the real answer to this is that SIU embraces that old school (outdated as I see it) mindset that the protagonist needs to be some kind of underdog.

Plenty of other series out there lately have dispensed with this concept, for the better.

Consul N

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Rachel's opinion is indeed not very valuable, but I think Hoaqin's holds some weight considering his nature and personality. He has been calling Baam a monster a few times and was even more convinced of that after what he witnessed during their last fight. He still envies and desires his power though.
Hoaqin's opinion is even less valid than Rachel's in this case. Neither one of them are unbiased sources . White was just projecting his feelings for his dad unto Baam who was a convenient target being a irregular and all.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hoaqin's opinion is even less valid than Rachel's in this case. Neither one of them are unbiased sources . White was just projecting his feelings for his dad unto Baam who was a convenient target being a irregular and all.
How so? Hoaqin admires his father's strength and style. He doesn't consider it repulsive. He is envious of Baam's strength but still calls him a monster.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think the real answer to this is that SIU embraces that old school (outdated as I see it) mindset that the protagonist needs to be some kind of underdog.

Plenty of other series out there lately have dispensed with this concept, for the better.
nah i don't like that trope. The op hero from start makes me loose interest really fast. The underdog one on the other hand is quite entertaining. However ToG is more than a decade old and if Bam was supposed to go OP as hell its past that time.

zoradante1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I mean enryu was trained outside of tower no? Baam could have also been trained outside of tower and just like enryu could have then entered the tower. Enryu didn't need to climb the tower and power up unless I am forgetting something about him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think in a blog post SIU mentioned enryu will become more important and relevant in later part of the story. Maybe post zahard defeat.
how enryu was trained in outside of tower if there is no shinsoo on the outside of tower? did he just gain the ability to dominate an adminstrator in an instant through thorn or gods power? thats what i am curious about

MonsterBaam

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
how enryu was trained in outside of tower if there is no shinsoo on the outside of tower? did he just gain the ability to dominate an adminstrator in an instant through thorn or gods power? thats what i am curious about
Yeah. We do not know that. He was OP from the get go. Maybe he has something which is beyond even shinsoo.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This is pretty much impossible to know without knowing enryu's background. The family heads entered the tower presumably being strong to some capacity but it is clear their climb was crucial to them becoming as they are. Bam entered the tower being entirely average and it was only at the hell train that he managed to catch up with the great warrior's progress at that point. With enryu we don't know when he entered the tower or if he had been in the tower before. I think there were hints that he entered the tower at the time of the attack but if he was able to take on an administrator and he never was in the tower before then I doubt there will be an explanation beyond him being made out of baddassium.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This may just be me having grown too old to enjoy black and white characters and seeing more depth in Rachel than what her lovely (/s) personality provokes, but I think being afraid of Bam and fearing what he has inside is a very reasonable assumption: Rachel met Arlene, who everyone agrees was insane by the time she left the tower. Rachel also knows Bam was dead and was brought back to life, and Rachel knows Arlene wanted him to take revenge on all the people who made her suffer and offered him to some deity.

Where Rachel goes very wrong is that while Bam may host some really fucked up power or have a very dark origin, he's currently a genuinely nice guy. That and the whole "I want to be the MC HEROINE so I can do anything to get it", but that's not the point

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This may just be me having grown too old to enjoy black and white characters and seeing more depth in Rachel than what her lovely (/s) personality provokes, but I think being afraid of Bam and fearing what he has inside is a very reasonable assumption: Rachel met Arlene, who everyone agrees was insane by the time she left the tower. Rachel also knows Bam was dead and was brought back to life, and Rachel knows Arlene wanted him to take revenge on all the people who made her suffer and offered him to some deity.

Where Rachel goes very wrong is that while Bam may host some really fucked up power or have a very dark origin, he's currently a genuinely nice guy. That and the whole "I want to be the MC HEROINE so I can do anything to get it", but that's not the point
Sure, she is afraid of Baam, but she is also a hypocrite and acts as if she did nothing wrong while all the others are wrongdoers. It's implied that she admires Arlen, who is acknowledged as crazy.

So what she says about Baam isn't exactly objective. She kept telling him to stop following her, but once he implied that he would stop, she gave him a reason to pursue him. Why? Ego? Because of her desire to still be precious in his heart? Very likely.