Voting Round 1 - Yoruichi Shihouin vs. Satan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Yoruichi Shihouin vs. Satan

Who wins?

• Yoruichi Shihouin

• Satan

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 5 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
RC gg

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yoruichi won my top 10 game so she's the winner here

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Satan probably matches Yoruichi in speed, so it becomes to close quarters strength and ranged abilities. Here Satan totally wins (you know, they can nuke a continent with their light beams). So this one goes to Satan.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The problem with Yoruichi for these kind of discussions is that we never even knew what her shikai or bankai are.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem with Yoruichi for these kind of discussions is that we never even knew what her shikai or bankai are.
Exactly this. Also just an eternally confusing omission.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Maybe she never used shikai/bankai, because her shunko skills are way more powerful? Or maybe her unexplained cat transformation was her shikai or bankai release?

Satan wins.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like yoruichi having a unique fighting style
She had those abilities at some point and probably still has them. She just needs her sword back. Which, defying all shounen logic, never happened.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does this version of Satan have good feats. I never got around to finishing this anime.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well, I think Satan is similar to Yoruichi in the sense, that we never really get to see their full potential. I also haven't read all the continuation series (Devilman Lady, Devilman Saga), which expand in their abilities and character. But I'll list a few key elements.

- Smart and manipulative enough to make all of humanity destroy itself. Also had a plan and made a solid attempt at overthrowing the Law of God.
- Defeats Devilman quite easily in the final fight. Can go on fighting full-power for days.
- God considers them a threat that needs to be destroyed (in this universe, God being a creator of all and pretty much omnipotent)
- Survived a direct skirmish with this God, by going into hibernation. Versus compendium says they do not have exitance erasure resistance, but I remember that in one version Devilman God turned a whole city into salt in an instant. That's the guy they survived against.
- Notable skills: Telekinesis (kills a shit ton of higher ranking demons with his mind just with a blink), mind control, reality warping, regeneration, merging
- It is said that they could be capable of creating a new world
- Helped defeat a goddess, while still only in their human form

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I think Satan is similar to Yoruichi in the sense, that we never really get to see their full potential. I also haven't read all the continuation series (Devilman Lady, Devilman Saga), which expand in their abilities and character. But I'll list a few key elements.

- Smart and manipulative enough to make all of humanity destroy itself. Also had a plan and made a solid attempt at overthrowing the Law of God.
- Defeats Devilman quite easily in the final fight. Can go on fighting full-power for days.
- God considers them a threat that needs to be destroyed (in this universe, God being a creator of all and pretty much omnipotent)
- Survived a direct skirmish with this God, by going into hibernation. Versus compendium says they do not have exitance erasure resistance, but I remember that in one version Devilman God turned a whole city into salt in an instant. That's the guy they survived against.
- Notable skills: Telekinesis (kills a shit ton of higher ranking demons with his mind just with a blink), mind control, reality warping, regeneration, merging
- It is said that they could be capable of creating a new world
- Helped defeat a goddess, while still only in their human form
Nice. The only advantage I could imagine is if Yourichi is actually capable of inflicting damage maybe she could wear him down via attrition because she's very fast. But if he's able to react to her in anyway, then I suppose he'd win with abilities as strong as mind control and reality warping.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm pretty sure they'd be able to react. They dodge bullets easily in several occasions, and are able to fly out of Earths atmosphere in what seems like less than a minute. So they'd be high hypersonic, same category as Yoruichi in VSBattles database.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Depending on a how playful mood Satan is on, Yoruichi might get a a few hits in in her Thundercat form, but eventually Satan would triumph.

I think Satans major weaknesses are:
- Time Manipulation (In one story line God constrains them by locking them into a time loop, in which they need to see their loved ones die again and again. Yeah, fck God)
- Hot Headness. As human he gunned down school bullies with a machine gun. As an angel, he accidentally kills Akira Fudo/Devilman.
- Their love for Akira is an exploitable weakness

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool. I'm a huge Bleach fan but Yourichi likely can't take this guy on her own. They'd probably have to seal him. I think these Battle contest need more balancing. Ban people with immortality, lightspeed/FTL, reality warping, time travel, people who are capable of operating outside the laws of physics etc.
Battles that more interesting to debate. Where it's not to hard to draw a conclusion that most people will just vote for who they like to avoid all the trouble.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Cool. I'm a huge Bleach fan but Yourichi likely can't take this guy on her own. They'd probably have to seal him. I think these Battle contest need more balancing. Ban people with immortality, lightspeed/FTL, reality warping, time travel, people who are capable of operating outside the laws of physics etc.
Battles that more interesting to debate. Where it's not to hard to draw a conclusion that most people will just vote for who they like to avoid all the trouble.
Isn’t Yoruichi FTL ?

Anyway RC gg

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn’t Yoruichi FTL ?

Anyway RC gg
I don't think so. I don't remember her having any such feats. I haven't read Bleach in years though so I'm not necessarily the best authority on that. In fact I don't think the Bleachverse has characters that are FTL.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
If this is satan from crybaby then he/she stomps yoruichi effortlessly.

Satan is easily ftl and planet+ level

Status
Not open for further replies.