Discussion - Your favorite comics! | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your favorite comics!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
No idea, I have to extract them all from cbr files before I can find out... I only did that for the first six issues so far. I'll tell you as soon as I've got them all extracted.

Read the first issue btw DZ, I totally remember Bigby now. How absent-minded of me to have forgotten him :rolleyes And yes I can totally understand why he would be your fave :D

I'm currently being kind of greedy and downloading Amazing Spider-Man #1-#535 torrent. That should make for good reading too :D

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gold Knight said:
No idea, I have to extract them all from cbr files before I can find out...
You can read cbr files with CDisplay, it's a simple and light program, and you don't need to extract them.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't like CDisplay ^^; I much prefer to read with my Windows Pic & Fax Viewer.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Really, then you must have larger than 14" monitors, GK. If not, then you must have the elves' eyes for reading that kind of small text. I myself prefer ACDSee. I just love the alt+right arrow shortcut :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Severly_Senile: Heck yeah, mirrormask ownz. :D I did a fanart of Valentine in the art section in case you're interested. :nuts I'll try my best to look for that book you mentioned too.

refii/Ken-chan: You're welcome :D

Ich-san: Yep, it includes Last Castle :D It's issue 18, as far as I remember.

And Ken-chan, hell yeah, that's Bigby for you. XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dragonzair said:
Severly_Senile: Heck yeah, mirrormask ownz. :D I did a fanart of Valentine in the art section in case you're interested. :nuts I'll try my best to look for that book you mentioned too.

refii/Ken-chan: You're welcome :D

Ich-san: Yep, it includes Last Castle :D It's issue 18, as far as I remember.

And Ken-chan, hell yeah, that's Bigby for you. XD
That's good. It was released at the same time with #18, i prefer calling it 18a. Last Castle is a great story. Who woulda thunk that Blue Boy's that brave. I first thought he was lame :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^It was after Last Castle that I actualy started liking Boy Blue. XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Does anyone here read Invincible? I like art and story. written by Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead, Super Patriot). :D

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Started reading Fables today from DZ's torrent and I'm liking it so far. Well to be quite honest, I'm liking the characters so far, the story seems kind of.. eeeeeeh, still the characters more than make up for it.

-"You are an impertinent man. I DEMAND SATISFACTION!"
-"Fuck your safistfaction."

fucking asshole wolfman fucking jerkfaced asshole bitch..... God I love his character.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've only read the first issue of Fables so far but I'm planning on reading more this week. Just a lot of stuff to do first here.

Also finished my torrent of ASM 1-535 and starting on a torrent of Spectacular Spider-Man issues. My plan is to have all the Spidey comics on my drive so that if I ever on a long flying trip I can pass the time by reading Spidey on my laptop on the plane :D

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Really, then you must have larger than 14" monitors, GK. If not, then you must have the elves' eyes for reading that kind of small text. I myself prefer ACDSee. I just love the alt+right arrow shortcut :D
Hm, no. But I read the text fine - sometimes. But yes I do have to squint occasionally.

(For some X-Men Claremont issues though, when they're whispering, it's near impossible for me to read them.)

So maybe I can use this ACDSee you're talking about, where can I get it?

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
hmm It would be thought to list the best of the best, because I have only about 30 issues of Spidey titles american, but I will write it in simple way:

1. Amazing Spider-man 346-347 - Venom rocks and his back! xD
2. Probably issue Spectacular Spider-man 226 - when it was revelad which Spidey is TRUE (correct me if I'm wrong, because I lack those issues on that time)
3. Spidey titles when there is Venom (Carnage could be also, after all i love how Venom and Carnage interact each other, and would like to see how Venom pwns Carnage one on one)
4. Amazing Spider-man 300 like Venom65437 said, i dont have it, but would like to read ehh
5. Some of Venom titles, I really enjoyed them
And all issues of Amazing, Spectacular, Ultimate, Sensational andwhetver there are issues of Spider-man. I love them all, but i dont read them all ;p

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I jsut have to say I'm currently loving Young Avengers. ^^

The first volume was pretty fun, can't wait for the next one. Plus, the characters are much cooler than the Runaways. Especially Wiccan and Speed. I'm jsut partly distressed about the recent happenings in Civil War. ><

If Wiccan wasn't taken to wherever the anti-reg heroes are taken to, maybe him and Speed could've looked for Wanda. T^T BLARGH.

Plus, I was really starting to like Wiccan. T_T Bring him back!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Another interesting point from both Young Avengers and Runaways which might have an impact on Marvel Universe is...
There's seem to be a lot of Skrull & Kree activity lately. Skrull/Kree War part II, anyone?

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh holy Hell.

XD

If the Krees ever found out they had a spy amongst them. But damn. Another war like that. How are they going to tie it in with Civil War, and whatever happens after that, plus if the twins ever get to Wanda...and...

Hrm.

Remember Vision's Failsafe Prgram?

The oroginal Young Avengers all had tie ins to the original. There's the young Kang, Hulkling, who's half Kree, half Skrull, there's Wiccan, who's possibly Wanda's son, and the latest person Vision recruited was Tommy, or Speedster. Who might also be Wanda's son.

That's a whole lot to tie into the Marvel U. XDDD

Plus, how many more can Vision find? :o

I mean, I heard that Kang (the younger one) will come back, as well. Waaai. I love Young Avengers. :luc

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, let's just hope they'll be back soon with great art like the previous volume :D
Maybe one day Franklin Richards might join the Young Avengers, Unca Ben did. XDDDDD

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Well.. if you read Illuminati you would know the writers are working towards a
sequel to Skree Krull Earth war

Personally I would prefer if it wasn't a repeat though, I would like to see the younger teams take part in it this time IE: Runaways, Young Avengers, New X-men etc; I think that would make it pretty cool considering these teams haven't really had a great way to prove themselves as of yet.. aside from fighting *insert robotic villain from the future* for the millionth time XD

Meno

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fables is amazing. Any comic fan or fairy tales lover should check it out. Snow White slamming an axe into Goldilocks' head should be enough to convince someone to pick it up. Not to mention I continually compare Bigby to Wolverine and find Wolverine lacking now.

I just got into Y, which is quite interesting.

Invincible is quite possibly the best teenaged hero comic ever. Bar none, including anything from DC or Marvel.

Star Wars Legacy is a bit interesting, merely because of the fact that it's so far ahead in the future.

Planet Hulk makes up for the crap that is called Civil War.

Classic Batman titles (a la Dark Knight Returns, Long Halloween, War Games, etc.) are always made of win.

Good old fashioned JLA is fun, as well as Ultimates. I mean, how can you not like giant team up comics?

There are probably more I like out there but can't remember off the top of my head.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
menobaka, we got a Fables thread here. Maybe you can give us your thoughts and opinions about the series on that thread. :D

darth ares

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Planet Hulk makes up for the crap that is called Civil War.
That and Annihilation.
Though I like Planet Hulk more, because HULK SMASH!!!

Cant wait for War Hulk. I so hope that Tony and Reed live through this Civil War, so that Hulk will SMASH them.

Anyway, my faves...

Shadowpact - it started out slow, and lame, but has gotten very good.
Wonder Woman OYL - one word...Dodson, but the story is good too.
COIE - effing good, dont really have the words right now to explain it.
Annihilation - w00t! Cosmics!
Planet Hulk - Hulk SMASH!
All-star Superman - I dunno, this title is just amazing!
52 - has been a hit or miss, but I still like it! Ralph + Dr. Fate = badassery
Star Wars KOTOR - I love the games, and Star Wars so, what the hell, huh?
JSA - way better than JLA thats for sure
Harley Quinn 1-19 - again...Dodson!