Ace's Bounty

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just reread all of OP over the last couple days and unfortunetly I wasn't paying enough attention. But it is mentioned that Ace has an insanely high bounty.

Im also pretty sure for reference, the rookie on WB's crew is worth 94 million belli....and it's heavily implied hes a small fry.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
It's not reason enough at all to hold someone in Impel Down and execute him.
I mean, they could execute him to give an example, because he is well known and part of WB's crew. But is it really possible that he has no bounty at all.
We've all seen how reckless the members of D family are. I don't really think Ace was able to get to NW without causing terrible amount of ruckuss like his younger brother.
It's weird that they said "the most succesfull pirate from the east". Roger was from the east too.

And from what I've seen, when a pirate has a nickname, it usually means that he has a bounty. Like Strawhat Luffy, Black leg Sanji, Burglar cat Nami, Bellamy the Hyena.
We could go like this on and on, but in the end, I really doubt that Ace doesn't have a bounty. I mean, wouldn't he get a bounty just by resisting arrest from Smoker, and helping other pirates get away? And what about destroying Billions fleet.
If anything, he would probably get a bounty for "dining and dashing" who knows how many times. :)

It kinda doesn' make sense that a famous pirate of his caliber doesn't even have a bounty.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
It's not reason enough at all to hold someone in Impel Down and execute him.
I mean, they could execute him to give an example, because he is well known and part of WB's crew. But is it really possible that he has no bounty at all.
Well we are talking about the guys who destroyed a whole island and their inhabitants to ensure their secret regarding the history (Ohara). I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason was to pick up a fight with WB.

We've all seen how reckless the members of D family are. I don't really think Ace was able to get to NW without causing terrible amount of ruckuss like his younger brother.
As for Luffy, the reason for every of his bounty-ups was a fight based on emotional motives (Eniss Lobby-Robin, Alabasta-Vivi, East blue-Nami, Ussope, Sanji and Zoro (?)). We don't know exactly how Ace met WB, so his actions are unknown.

It's weird that they said "the most successful pirate from the east". Roger was from the east too.
It was said east, could also mean east in east blue, so not Loguetown or they actually meant only living pirates. There are many way to interpret that.

And from what I've seen, when a pirate has a nickname, it usually means that he has a bounty. Like Strawhat Luffy, Black leg Sanji, Burglar cat Nami, Bellamy the Hyena.
Nicknames can be also given among pirates, don't have to be only by marine.

I mean, wouldn't he get a bounty just by resisting arrest from Smoker, and helping other pirates get away? And what about destroying Billions fleet.
Given by his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if Smoker didn't reported that incident. He was also hunting Luffy at that time without permission as far as I can remember.
Billions are part of the mafia, I don't think they would go to the marine and report what Ace did. Also they would fear Mr.0 punishment by doing this, I guess.

Anyway, my post sounds completely childish and u brought up pretty good point (nicknames) and Im thinking more like that he had a bounty. But I wouldn't surprised if he didn't had one. So I will go with 0-299$

I just reread all of OP over the last couple days and unfortunetly I wasn't paying enough attention. But it is mentioned that Ace has an insanely high bounty.
I can't recall anything like what u mentioned. Plz post the page if u should find it; would save a lot of posts for me xD

Im also pretty sure for reference, the rookie on WB's crew is worth 94 million belli....and it's heavily implied hes a small fry.
I believe u r talking about Shanks new fry, but anyway. Bounties are giving based on threat and what damage they caused not for their fighting power.
 
Last edited:

noonethere

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
711
Reaction score
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mauritius
Maybe when they are saying "most successful pirate from the east", they meant the pirate with the highest bounty that was first known in East Blue. Take Buggy for example: he may or may not be originally from East Blue but he may himself first known in East Blue. If what I said is true, that would mean that there may be other pirates originating from East blue with higher bounty than Luffy but got their first bounty in Grandline such that East Blue is not associated with them.

Another possibility is that Ace hid all details of his past(maybe even changed his name) so that he is not associated with the Monkey family or with East Blue just like Dragon did.

Another aspect we need to consider is the purpose of the bounties: they are used to encourage people to try catch wanted people. I doubt the WG would encourage people to attack dangerous persons such as WB or Dragon so maybe strong pirates in the New world no longer have a bounty.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
They grew up together. In East Blue.

And about the Monkey surname. How do you know Ace would have it? How do you know it's really a surname at all? You're just guessing.

Yeah, maybe Ace just didn't make any real mess before he got to WB. Maybe WB picked him up outside of New World. Who's to say that he was sitting there all the time? If Shanks could travel around so could he.

But it's still fishy. Especially since BB became Shichibukai just by beating Ace. Someone that notorious and bounty under 300 mil?
You don't read my post do you?

I said, he might not have been from East Blue. He grew up with Luffy..maybe he was brought there at the age of 5 or something. Maybe he was born in North Blue and later moved to East BLue, so technically speaking, he wasn't 'from' East Blue.

FFs, read my post before commenting mmkay?

Thanks :)

I believe in the Manga it was never said that he posses a bounty
That is highly unlikely.

Just beecause his bounty hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he doesn't have one. WB's bounty hasn't been mentioned either..does that mean he doesn't have one?

Most of the well known pirates have bounties, most of them of huge amounts. BB was an exception since he hid his strength behind WB's shadow, and never tried to gain notoriety or fame for himself.

Nicknames can be also given among pirates, don't have to be only by marine.
Give me one example of that please.

Now for Ace, we don't know anything what he did in the past unlike the guys (beside Mihawk) mentioned above. All we know is that he is a pirate and a member of WBs crew. None of those is reasons are enough to put a bounty on his head. Back
He is the 2nd Division Captain in the World's strongest crew. I think that warrants some recognition and a bounty. BEING a pirate is a crime against the WG. Joining WB's crew..wow that would really warrant a bounty wouldn't it? Consider the fact that Rockstar, a rookie in Shanks' crew (a crew which is considered less powerful then WG's), has a bounty of 90 mil and you should understand Ace's power and fame.

It was also mentioned that BB was only looking for pirates with bounties OVER 100 mil after the Jaya arc to gain some recognition from the WG. I doubt he'd hand Ace over to the WG if his bounty was any less.
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That is highly unlikely.
Feel free to post a link where it says he does and we could stop wasting time in this discussion.

Just because his bounty hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he doesn't have one. WB's bounty hasn't been mentioned either..does that mean he doesn't have one?
Like I said, there is a huge difference between Ace and WB. WB is the leader of the strongest pirate crew, while Ace is just crew member with a high position, which is why he is famous (not saying that is the only reason!). The captain takes responsible for what the crew does and he is the one who will be noticed by the WG/Marine not some1 in his crew.

Give me one example of that please.
Don't rly have one, otherwise I would have posted it earlier.

I was just comparing the pirate world with the underworld in our world. There are guys who are given nicknames among the underworld which makes them famous, but don't have to be searched by the government.
Now in OP: the seaport in Jaya is more likely a pirate city. Guys who will go there on rampage will have probably some kind of nickname among pirates....just a example how "nicknames" could also work.

He is the 2nd Division Captain in the World's strongest crew. I think that warrants some recognition and a bounty. BEING a pirate is a crime against the WG. Joining WB's crew..wow that would really warrant a bounty wouldn't it? Consider the fact that Rockstar, a rookie in Shanks' crew (a crew which is considered less powerful then WG's), has a bounty of 90 mil and you should understand Ace's power and fame.
By joining WB and also by given a high position in his crew warrants him only a famous name. Not a bounty!or are u saying every member of his crew poses a bounty, even the cannon fodder who fell down under Shanks haki? Bounty will given guys who causes damage to the WG and who are considered as a threat. Like I said, we don't know what he did before and after he joined WB.

Rockstar was a new member and as far as I understood, he had a bounty before joining Shanks. That is completely different from Ace, again: there are things unknown about his actions in the grand line.

It was also mentioned that BB was only looking for pirates with bounties OVER 100 mil after the Jaya arc to gain some recognition from the WG. I doubt he'd hand Ace over to the WG if his bounty was any less.
BB only wanted to beat some1 to proof his strength and worth of becoming a new Shichi. Guys with a bounty of 100M+ are considered strong..

Ace was known as the commander of the 2nd division of WB. The WG as a enemy of WB, who are fighting each other for a long time would have known, that WB only gives strong member a high position. By beating him should be enough to proof his own strength. -> BB becomes a Shichi.

Most of the well known pirates have bounties, most of them of huge amounts.
Well, yes "most". So I still believe there is a possibility that he don't poses a bounty, since we don't know his actions in the grand line (How die he joined WB? What did he do while serving under WB?). So I will still go with 0-299.

All in all, Im pretty sure u didn't read my posts.
Anyway, my post sounds completely childish and u brought up pretty good point (nicknames) and Im thinking more like that he had a bounty. But I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't had one. So I will go with 0-299$
Just a scenario and a example of his bounty being 0: Ace happens to find a devil fruit and eats it without thinking. Later he meets by coincidence WB early in the grand line. He is pretty much impressed by him and joins his crew. As he proofs his strength he is given a high position. Since the Yonkou and the WG are in truce, Ace wasn't able to get a bounty. 3 Years later he gets caught and dies, Happy End.
 

TheBlackLotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
132
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And from what I've seen, when a pirate has a nickname, it usually means that he has a bounty. Like Strawhat Luffy, Black leg Sanji, Burglar cat Nami, Bellamy the Hyena.
That doesn't mean he has a bounty. Real and fictional pirates in the past were sometimes given nicknames for their notoriety.

I'm sure Ace has a bounty. The marines gave Luffy his first bounty just for defeating other well known pirates and being a pirate himself. I'm sure being the 2nd division captain of Whitebeard's crew (making him either the third strongest, or third highest in command) alone would be enough to warrant him a bounty of some sort. Also we don't know much about Ace and Luffy's pasts. The villagers in Luffy's hometown never even mention Ace, so there could be more to it than we know. Their connection isn't exactly concrete yet as far as we know.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I wasn't talking about real or fictional pirates, I was talking about OP pirates.

I share your opinnion that just by being a highranking officer of WB crew is enough to have a bounty, as I've written somewhere above, because piracy is a crime.

Anyways, Billions and normal citizen recognized Ace as Fire fist.
How did Billions know that he was Ace. Billions are part of the organization of bounty hunters. They knew what he looked like. And they knew his nickname.
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/16/
From bounty poster maybe? There would certainly be his picture and a nickname on it.

How could a member of a bounty hunting organization get promoted if he kills someone (link) who doesn't even have a bounty?

I think that most of us didn't doubt even for a moment that Ace has a bounty.
And then someone remembers that the villagers said that Luffy is the most successful pirate from the East (probably they mean Blue).
Success can be interpreted in many ways. They could just as well have meant that he broke the time record on gaining 300 mil bounty.
Can anybody prove that they meant he had the highest bounty? No.

EDIT: http://www.onemanga.co/One_Piece/440/03/
Here, it's translated as "the most successful".
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
someone should ask Oda this in an SBS. or we wait till we see Ace somewhen again.
everything else is speculation and honestly after those words of Luffy has the highest bounty in East Blue it could really be that old yonkou <-> bounty idea is true. i.e. that in the New World (or if they join a yonkou) pirates loose their bounties for whatever reason.
OR Ace's bounty is 299.999.999,99 ...
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
WB and Shanks are reigning the latter half of the grand line like emperors, through a big crew (influence and power). These ppl are are "about" 50% of the Yonkou, which power is equal to the Marine HQ and part of the triangle balance. Since they are obviously working against the WG I believe the leaders of each group must have high bounties.
A balance of power exists between Yonkou + Shichibukai + MHQ, but the distribution of power has never been stated to be equal amongst all three powers. The reason MHQ + Shichibukai can balance out the Yonkou is because the Yonkou fight amongst each other.
 

rene_01

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
maybe ace dosent have such a bounty like luffy cuz he is not a troubelmaker like luffy, ace is more "intelegent" or at least i think that and he dosnt go there kicking the ass of anyperson.
 

gold349

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
4,127
Reaction score
896
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think they go tthat wrong, I mean ok you can argue over Luffy and Ace but what about Dragon, Luffy can no way have one higher than him, Dragon is the one with the highest bounty from east blue.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I dont think ace is the type to not cause trouble. He is smarter than luffy, true, but he still is very strong and his particular power stands out just a bit:P. Also ace should normaly be in the second half of the new world, since he is the commander of the second division and yet smoker inmediatly recognise ace when he saw him, even though they were at some point in oposite corners of the world. In OP world just being or calling yourself a pirate is a crime, I dont see how being just being WB second commander wouldnt make someone bounty worthy.
 

d3death

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
248
Reaction score
1,290
Gender
Male
Country
Afghanistan
I think they go tthat wrong, I mean ok you can argue over Luffy and Ace but what about Dragon, Luffy can no way have one higher than him, Dragon is the one with the highest bounty from east blue.
Maybe Dragon was not born in east blue
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ace was a pirate always alone before he becomes a WB nakama (what happened in NW). So, probably, as he was solitary, the WG and the marines didn't notice him before he became the 2nd commander of WB's fleet.

And as we all know, what happened in NW is difficult to know for WG. Moreover, what pirates do there doesn't affect them because they have no control on this part of GL.
So, they don't have to give Ace a first bounty to Ace because they don't know what he did in NW and it doesn't disturb directly them : it is not necessary for WB to give Ace a first bounty because of his title (the 2nd commander of WB).

But Smoker knew Ace's face and his position ; so, I guess he should have at present a bounty. And I think the bounties in the newpapers of the 1st part of GL, are bounties of guys who are in the 1st part of GL : they will not give them all the people who have bounties and are in NW because they will never met them. So, Smoker should know him by the wanted poster he had when he was a solitary pirate.

So, he should have a first bounty coming from the 1st part of GL. And I suppose this is simply not the best bounty of East Blue.
Then, he has a bounty under 300 millions berrys.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I for one would love for Oda to actually disclose Ace’s old bounty value tbh. Hopefully, we’ll get one in a flashback. ;) If not, than I guess it would cool if Oda briefly touches on the subject in a future databook maybe? or SBS?
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I wouldn't go too far with Luffy being the most "well succeeded" from East Blue. You remember when Ivankov asked from were Luffy was from and etc, so Dragon is also from East Blue.



The question about Ace bounty cannot be ansered. We don't know the extend of New World bounties. The highest we know are the Shichibukai, but it seems the members become Shichibukai while they are still rookies with great potential (ex: Hancock, Ace)



Just to note, ace bounty poster WAS shown in the manga (the amount can't be read)

 
Last edited:
Top