Discussion Strongest character in One Piece?

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

shanks is a swordsman, dont get so angry over it that mihawk is just stronger :s
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Well two things on those:
Shanks as a swordsman: Go prove that for me. Find me one of those databooks which says "Shanks, a swordsman". Having a sword and being a swordsman are two different things. I doubt Rayleigh is a swordsman, but he uses a sword.

Sengoku as powerful: No evidence of that. Being the grand admiral does not equate to being an all powerful being. I do expect Sengoku has power, but I imagine it's his strategy that got him to the top. Heck, the old advisor Crane is higher ranking than the 3 admirals, but she'll never beat them. The admirals are known as the attacking force of the marines, Sengoku may or may not be in league with them.

But yeah, besides that Blackbeard and Aokoji > Mihawk.

And yes, I finally found that "Aokoji is the strongest marine" quote: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/19/ . Not an Oda placard and that doesn't make him the strongest overall, but I expect him as the final marine boss unless Smoker rises up.
 

mugiwara84

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

shanks is a swordsman, dont get so angry over it that mihawk is just stronger :s
I'm not getting angry at all just cause I'm disagreeing, don't be so paranoid. Like I said, it's just clear that you never participated or read some serious Mihawk vs Shanks debates. Though I do personally think that Mihawk has the bigger chance of beeing stronger then Shanks this is still far from a fact especially cause of the reason Bittman already said.

Let us not even start how baseless that chart is. It seems only made of your personal opinion then rather having some substantial arguments.
 

Sorata

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

But yeah, besides that Blackbeard and Aokoji > Mihawk.
Why should this be true, we never saw anything great about Aokiji, he is a logia user, but being a logia user means nothing against guys who can stop that, like Rayleigh for example, if Rayleigh can defeat logia users why can´t Mihawk do the same??

I´m not saying that Aokiji is weaker or atronger than Mihawk, but we only saw Aokiji usung his logia hability, we know nothing about his fighting skills, so it´s impossible to tell if he is stronger or not than Mihawk.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Sengoku as powerful: No evidence of that. Being the grand admiral does not equate to being an all powerful being. I do expect Sengoku has power, but I imagine it's his strategy that got him to the top. Heck, the old advisor Crane is higher ranking than the 3 admirals, but she'll never beat them. The admirals are known as the attacking force of the marines, Sengoku may or may not be in league with them.
Sengoku was an admiral before.

We have been shown old men who are insanely powerful (WB, Ray, etc) so why do you doubt his power? How the hell did he get the top post if he wasn't the most powerful?

And the old advisor Crane..shes only a Vice Admiral. How a Vice Admiral can be higher ranking then an Admiral I have no idea..nice logic though.

And yes, I finally found that "Aokoji is the strongest marine" quote: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/19/ . Not an Oda placard and that doesn't make him the strongest overall, but I expect him as the final marine boss unless Smoker rises up.
Sigh.

That was a mistranslation..check Naruto fanforums for more information on that. It was supposed to mean that Aokiji was part of the ultimate Marine attacking force, which was the 3 Admirals.

Shanks as a swordsman: Go prove that for me. Find me one of those databooks which says "Shanks, a swordsman". Having a sword and being a swordsman are two different things. I doubt Rayleigh is a swordsman, but he uses a sword.
A guy who uses a sword is a swordsman, just like how a guy who uses a gun is a gunner. How can it get more simple then this?
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

It's Blackbeard. BB outfought a Yonkou and he's become much stronger from the time he beat the s*** out of Shanks. He ate a super DF. A DF of the strongest kind but special even among them. Lastly, Shanks agrees with Blackbeard's assertion that WB's era is coming to an end.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

BB outfought a Yonkou and he's become much stronger from the time he beat the s*** out of Shanks.
He didn't outfight a Yonkou.

He scratched his eye. A man like BB isn't likely to let his enemy live after defeating him, and a man like Shanks isn't likely to run away from a figh with his tail between his legs, so I'd say the fight was either a draw or a victory for Shanks.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

He didn't outfight a Yonkou.

He scratched his eye. A man like BB isn't likely to let his enemy live after defeating him, and a man like Shanks isn't likely to run away from a figh with his tail between his legs, so I'd say the fight was either a draw or a victory for Shanks.
BB inflicted a nasty wound on Shanks before he lost his arm. That wound inflicted more than just cosmetic damage to Shanks, it inflicted mental damage as well. Shanks is very weary of BB because of his past experience with the man. He tells WB that BB will defeat him, and the kicker is that Shanks doesn't know about BB's DF. Please view the matter in the context it's meant to represent.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Whitebeard is atm the World Strongest Man "recognized". Oda put that up to show his strength rather then to indicate that he's the undisputed nr 1. If he's got that title just cause he fought Roger evenly over 22+ y ago then the real question is his current strength since I highly doubt he's as fit as he was in his prime with all those tubes in him (cause of the wound that Roger gave him?). If you ask me he's holding to that title more cause nobody is challenging him. . There could be other people like Blackbeard just hiding in the shadows waiting for there moment that are superior to him.
Basically u are saying he is not the strongest any more? You have no basics to say that. How do u believe the name or title Yonko evolved? My theory: M HQ must have fought various pirates and are still fighting them. 4 of those various pirate groups were especially strong and the marines were not able to crush them. At some point the Marines started to call those 4 pirates, who are also respected/feared among pirates, as the Yonko. I highly doubt WB went to MHQ and applied for the the title Yonko. Remember the title Pirate King was given by the folk. He must have proven himself strong. His crew must be also damn strong and they must have pride, do u believe they would follow a old dude, who can't fight properly?

Recognized? Oda put that infobox for us reader. The infobox is not visible for the living character in the story. whether or not everyone recognize him as "the strongest", was never said.

Seriously, WB is a active pirate on sea. How can u believe that man never fought since Roger? His title "the strongest man" is like Mwk's. There must be (=speculation) some ppl like Zoro (who is after Mwk's title), with high ambitions who are after WB's title. He must have constancy defended his position as a Yonko, as the strongest human and as a active pirate in general.

I have some question, could u plz anwer them.
Did Oda knew that he was drawing WB old? Did Oda knew that WB is connected with all that medical equipments? If WB was only in the past the strongest, then why didn't he (Oda) labelled him as "the former strongest"? Like he used "former bounty" (previous) for Kuma and Flamingo.

It's Blackbeard
Really? Then why didn't Oda labelled him as the strongest?

For gods sake, BB was revealed in the same chapter as WB was introduced. Chapter 234 Page 12-13 Page 18-19

Does it make any sense? Imo not at all. Oda knew who he was labelling as the strongest. If he says WB is the strongest then he is. Why are u guys doubting Oda?

WB is the strongest 'till there is a major power change in the world. Basically, if some1 gets a power up, by eating a fruit for example. But that must happen after WB was introduced as the strongest. BB already ate his fruit, as both were introduced. WB was labelled as the strongest by a infobox, by Oda. Oda the guy who writes One Piece, the God of One Piece (not Enel).

______________________________________________
About Shanks being a swordsman or not:
Well now my Mihawk vs Shanks theory: Fighter who are using mainly a sword for their battle are called sword fighter. They only use swords in battles, which makes them into swordsman. Here we the SHs preparing for battle with their preferred weapon: Zoro and Brook are ready to draw their swords, Nami her Perfect-clima-tact, Ussop his Kabuto etc. On this page we see Shanks right before a battle drawing his sword.

Shanks was a former rival of Mihawk, both used their top sword skills to duel, which are now considered as legendary. I base this on WB comment: [..even the duel between u and Hawkey..] and on this: Shanks asking Mihawk if he is there to fight.

This is a quote of a Date book about Shanks, unfortunately I don't know in which one it was released:
"At first, the left-handed Shanks had simply carried his sword on the right side. When he was a rival of Mihawk, he was regarded as having some of the world's top-class skills"

I repeat, he is called former rival and his battle with Mihawk seems quite famous. Reading Mihawks comment: [I have given up thinking about fighting the one arm-man like you, for a long time ago], I get it like, he lost interest in Shanks, 'cause he won the rivalry and is now stronger. The loss of the rivalry was probably 'cause he lost his dominant left arm. On Rogers ship we see him using his left arm to draw his sword, later his right arm. Rayleigh also said, Shanks lost two of his trademarks, his straw-hat and his left arm.

I know in the databook its said, that didn't lose in power cause of his arm. But I believe it did cause him the loss of the rivalry, though later he managed to get even stronger with only arm. So all in all, he is now stronger than before with both arms, but at this moment weaker than Mwk.

To sum it up: Shanks is called former rival of Mwk and now he is carrying the title strongest swordsman; common sense tells he lost the rivalry. In the date book he is said to have top sword skills, even in the past it seems he used only a sword, which does him makes a sword fighter, in fact I can't recall him seeing/portraying without his sword. As a swordsman he is obviously weaker than the strongest swordsman, a title which was labelled by Oda for Hawk-Eye.

So far my theory, I took every (for me) known hint into consideration to come up with this. At this point, it seems for me as the only logical one. Just let me say this, u have to take every known hint (Manga+date book) into consideration and not only those who are useful for u.
______________________________________________

Within the Marine, AoKiji represents the strongest fighting power.

Yellow Databook Scan
Yellow Databook translation
confirmed by Kumanri

thx @ Kumanri
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Within the Marine, AoKiji represents the strongest fighting power.

Yellow Databook Scan
Yellow Databook translation
confirmed by Kumanri

thx @ Kumanri
That's actually very interesting. However, it should be noted that firstly, the Databooks apparently aren't written by Oda, they're written by Shueisha staff. And secondly, and more importantly, Yellow Grand Elements came out BEFORE we saw Kizaru. And assuming that whoever wrote this wasn't privy to Oda's future plans for the manga (which seems likely, there was at least a year between the release of Yellow Grand Elements and the introduction of Kizaru), then they can't have known what sort of power the other two admirals would have, and so just wrote what was already said of Aokiji. And somebody (I think it was [member]Absolutio[/member])once pointed out that the words used to describe Aokiji in that panel were also used to describe Kizaru, meaning that the proper translation was that they're both members of the Marine's strongest fighting force, e.g., the Admirals, and therefore it would seem that Kumanri made the same translation mistake that said that Aokiji alone was the strongest, if it was a mistake. I could try comparing the kanji used to describe Aokiji and those used to describe Kizaru, maybe...

EDIT: I can't find another thread that fits this better, so I'm editing it in here. Here is the page where "the strongest fighting force in the Marines" was said of Aokiji. And here is where "the strongest fighting force in the Marines was said of Kizaru. The relevant parts of the respective panels are circled in red. I checked, and the kanji and the furigana for both statements are the same. The only way this could be clearer would be to check the panel from chapter 510 from the tankobon, but that can't be done yet. The only difference is that by Aokiji, the brackets are around one set of kanji, and by Kizaru, the brackets are by the other set of kanji. But both circles contain the same characters, and I don't think the brackets make a difference. That should settle that misconception.
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

That's sth I just heard for the first time. Not like I don't believe, but can you confirm your predication with some sort of official statement or sth? I just checked Amazon.jp, there it is said that the book is from Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎). You can press STR+F (I believe in the English keyboard Ctr+F) and compare with the search function the kanji. Even on Amazon.de its says from (ger: von) Oda.

Doesn't that mean, that Oda himself or at least some1 in his surroundings was working on the datebooks? My friend has the red datbook which was officially released in Germany, even there Oda's name is printed.

Even if some1 outside of Oda's working group was writing the book, wouldn't s/he synchronize with Oda's Manga, by asking or working together? Sounds unlikely imo, that Oda wasn't (at least indirectly) working on the databooks.

I can't read jap, just a side note and I also noticed that this is off topic. I was thinking that some1 beside me would be also interested, that's why I refrained from sending you a PM. If this post should be inappropriate, plz move it to Convo thread, thx

Edit: About the Admiral, personally I don't care who is the strongest, I would hope for Garp (which is unlikely) or Sengoku. About the Datebook, in the yellow were the VA Admirals from the Buster Call first time namely mentioned. So its not only a recap of the manga. About Oda's name instead of some1 else to sell better, I believe there should be sth like a name protection (don't know the correct English term), not sure though. I can't believe it, 'till I read a official statement :p
 
Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

That's sth I just heard for the first time. Not like I don't believe, but can you confirm your predication with some sort of official statement or sth? I just checked Amazon.jp, there it is said that the book is from Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎). You can press STR+F (I believe in the English keyboard Ctr+F) and compare with the search function the kanji. Even on Amazon.de its says from (ger: von) Oda.

Doesn't that mean, that Oda himself or at least some1 in his surroundings was working on the datebooks? My friend has the red datbook which was officially released in Germany, even there Oda's name is printed.

Even if some1 outside of Oda's working group was writing the book, wouldn't s/he synchronize with Oda's Manga, by asking or working together? Sounds unlikely imo, that Oda wasn't (at least indirectly) working on the databooks.

I can't read jap, just a side note and I also noticed that this is off topic. I was thinking that some1 beside me would be also interested, that's why I refrained from sending you a PM. If this post should inappropriate, plz move it to Convo thread, thx
Well, it figures they'd say it was from Oda, since it's his manga, and because "from: [insert random Shueisha employee's name here]" wouldn't sell many copies. But regardless of that, I once asked a translator about this, and he said that they weren't from Oda. Oda may have been consulted, but I doubt much. The thing is, most of the information in the Databooks seems to be compilations of little bits of information given throughout the manga. I don't think any new information has ever come from a Databook. So if you view the Databooks as just "compilations of information given throughout the manga", then it makes sense that the Databook would just reiterate what had already been said of Aokiji, regardless of the other admirals, because at that time, all we knew of the other two admirals were their names, their outlines, and what Akainu did at the Ohara incident. Either way, if you check my edited post above, the same statement was made of Kizaru, so it makes more sense to say that the statement was referring to all 3 admirals together.

And you're right, this is off-topic. I just wanted to resolve the issue in this thread, but further discussion of the strength of the admirals should be done in the Mega Convo or an appropriate thread in the Tree of Knowledge.
 

Finale

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
527
Reaction score
100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

I'm not completely convinced that BB inflicted that wound on Shanks in a completely fair fight. Shanks says that this is the only wound he is still mad about and BB has shown to be a conniving schemer. Shanks doesn't seem like one to hold a grudge and he has fought countless battles.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

About Shanks vs BB, it's off panel. We don't have any background information about that fight, if it was a proper fight. Anyway, that was 10 years ago. Both must have gained in power. Now its the question who is stronger between them.

I would tend to BB, since I believe he won't grow any stronger in battle power. Imo he is one of those character of a story, who are already at their peak. Since BB is the antagonist of this story, who will be only defeated by Luffy.

My Ranking:
1. WB (will fall in the upcoming war)
2. BB (has no teeth)
3. xx .. . etc
 

gfire2

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
526
Reaction score
51
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

blackhair is 100% rite on this matter, ppl are speculatin too much abt BB, mihawk and shanks.

it was stated that mihawk stopped fighting shanks (reasons unknown)
shanks got a scar from BB (before he met luffy i believe) and heck shanks got his arm ripped off by some crocodile shark creature.

so until oda says otherwise WB is currentli the strongest person in OP.

just becoz u use a sword doesnt mean ur a swordsmen, rayleigh and kizaru both used a sword in their brief encounter but they arent the same as zorro n mihawk who both carry swords with them 24/7.

so the onli proven rankin so far is;

1) WB

2) and below are onli speculation, so heres my list

1) wb
2) 5 star elders
3) admirals (aokiji, kizaru and akainu)
4) shanks/mihawk
5) don flamingo
6) BB (power is growing exponential as we speak)
 

Finale

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
527
Reaction score
100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

blackhair is 100% rite on this matter, ppl are speculatin too much abt BB, mihawk and shanks.

it was stated that mihawk stopped fighting shanks (reasons unknown)
shanks got a scar from BB (before he met luffy i believe) and heck shanks got his arm ripped off by some crocodile shark creature.

so until oda says otherwise WB is currentli the strongest person in OP.

just becoz u use a sword doesnt mean ur a swordsmen, rayleigh and kizaru both used a sword in their brief encounter but they arent the same as zorro n mihawk who both carry swords with them 24/7.

so the onli proven rankin so far is;

1) WB

2) and below are onli speculation, so heres my list

1) wb
2) 5 star elders
3) admirals (aokiji, kizaru and akainu)
4) shanks/mihawk
5) don flamingo
6) BB (power is growing exponential as we speak)
I agree that WB is tops right now, but likely lose his title to BB in the coming war, but I would probably have to say that Shanks is greater or at least as strong as the admirals.
 

mugiwara84

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Basically u are saying he is not the strongest any more? You have no basics to say that. How do u believe the name or title Yonko evolved? My theory: M HQ must have fought various pirates and are still fighting them. 4 of those various pirate groups were especially strong and the marines were not able to crush them. At some point the Marines started to call those 4 pirates, who are also respected/feared among pirates, as the Yonko. I highly doubt WB went to MHQ and applied for the the title Yonko. Remember the title Pirate King was given by the folk. He must have proven himself strong. His crew must be also damn strong and they must have pride, do u believe they would follow a old dude, who can't fight properly?

Recognized? Oda put that infobox for us reader. The infobox is not visible for the living character in the story. whether or not everyone recognize him as "the strongest", was never said.
Don't twist my words, I never said he was an old dude worth nothing. All I said is that I highly doubt he's still as strong as he used to was due to the wound that Roger inflicted and since he seems to getting a bit older. All I said he ain't as untouchable as you think he seems to be.

Seriously, WB is a active pirate on sea. How can u believe that man never fought since Roger? His title "the strongest man" is like Mwk's. There must be (=speculation) some ppl like Zoro (who is after Mwk's title), with high ambitions who are after WB's title. He must have constancy defended his position as a Yonko, as the strongest human and as a active pirate in general.
I doubt he has been fighting non stop with all the strongest people out there, with beeing probably the nr 1 crew and having his title of world strongest man I doubt many people come challenging him. Not saying that he didn't have even one fight but just saying that I doubt he's been fighting with the 5 current strongest people in OP to know if he's still truly the strongest man at the moment.

I have some question, could u plz anwer them.
Did Oda knew that he was drawing WB old? Did Oda knew that WB is connected with all that medical equipments? If WB was only in the past the strongest, then why didn't he (Oda) labelled him as "the former strongest"? Like he used "former bounty" (previous) for Kuma and Flamingo.
Can't say I appreciate your tone with how it seems you're mocking my comment. Do I even have to respond seriously on the former bounty and drawing questions? I'll do the former bounties part, well since they became government dogs it's clear that the government ain't after them anymore so it's normal they took their bounties away and put former before it. In Whitebeard case nobody came yet to take his title away cause like I said I highly doubt that anyone came challenging to have that title. Now I'll give an irl example, a new boxer appears stronger then the current world champion and truly the strongest boxer but it'll take him 2 years till he has a chance on a title fight.

Now can I ask you a question? Do you honostly think that Whitebeard has had fights with what maybe could be the strongest 5 people in One Piece the last years?


About Shanks being a swordsman or not:
Well I don't think there can be much doubt that he is a swordsman if beeing skilled in the use of swords means you're a swordsman. But most of the discussion are about if he would rely only on his swordskills and has a bushido(?). Mihawk & Zoro are true swordsman imo whose style is solely depended on fighting with the sword. While many people think Shanks could have revised his style and could have added other fighting styles, a perfect example imo is Aoshi who suddenly used kempo in his first fight with Kenshin. They are even dreamers who hope he ate a DF and since Shanks is still shrouded in mystery who are we to say that it's impossible.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

It's not like Im mocking on you, just this topic always pissed me off. Ppl start doubting Oda and start to ask who is the strongest, even though is obviously clear. I tried many times to overlook this topic, but since Im a fan of Oda, I just simply can't.

I will try to explain without to be offensive: Eiichiro ODA stated Whitebeard as the strongest by fading in a infobox. The purpose of this infobox is to give information about the character. Its similar to datebooks, which gives informations about characters which in some cases won't be shown in the manga. Its not like some character talked about WB and stated him as the strongest. No rumour, no legend, no myth it is clear fact stated by Oda himself. If u deny Oda then stop reading OP.

Now can I ask you a question? Do you honostly think that Whitebeard has had fights with what maybe could be the strongest 5 people in One Piece the last years?
I don't know, but I believe he has, since he is a active Pirate on sea. But that doesn't matter anyway. If Oda says he is the strongest then he is, even if he never fought in his entire life. You have no reason to doubt that. Why do u even think about WB's past? Despite his past, his current condition and his age, Oda stated him as the strongest by a infobox. I repeat a infobox, its not like any character stated him as the strongest.

All I said is that I highly doubt he's still as strong as he used to was due to the wound that Roger inflicted and since he seems to getting a bit older.
WB is probably not as strong as he used to be as in his prime time. So he must be weaker in his current position. But Oda labelled WB in his current situation as the strongest. Basically, in his prime time he was incredibly strong, due to time and probably a combat injury he lost in power. But he is despite that still the strongest as Oda said.


I doubt he has been fighting non stop with all the strongest people out there, with beeing probably the nr 1 crew and having his title of world strongest man I doubt many people come challenging him. Not saying that he didn't have even one fight but just saying that I doubt he's been fighting with the 5 current strongest people in OP to know if he's still truly the strongest man at the moment.
Even if he never fought in his entire life, he is still the strongest as Oda said. Its his Manga, if he says sth then its absolute. If u have reason to doubt that then you are doubting One Piece.


Can't say I appreciate your tone with how it seems you're mocking my comment. Do I even have to respond seriously on the former bounty and drawing questions? I'll do the former bounties part, well since they became government dogs it's clear that the government ain't after them anymore so it's normal they took their bounties away and put former before it. In Whitebeard case nobody came yet to take his title away cause like I said I highly doubt that anyone came challenging to have that title. Now I'll give an irl example, a new boxer appears stronger then the current world champion and truly the strongest boxer but it'll take him 2 years till he has a chance on a title fight.
I apologize about my tone, yes it was offensive. Anyway, my point was that you think WB is not any more the strongest. If that is true then why didn't Oda stated him as the former strongest? I mean Oda is capable of writing that word, sice he did on Kuma and Flamingo. Does it seriously make any sense to you?

About your comparing real life with manga, there is a logical flaw. Your are talking about a tournament title which is not the same case with WB. Whether or not WB fought many battles, whereby he proved himself as the strongest, is not the case. Like said Oda stated him as the strongest with a infobox, the purpose of this infoboxes is to give us reader information about the character. If in Real Life a god (should he exist) would call Person B as the strongest, even though Person A is due to a tournament by humans called as the strongest. Who do u think is stronger? Person A who called by God (who took every human in consideration) as the strongest or Person B who is due to a tournament (where not every human could participate) called as the strongest?

Oda took every character in the story, as they are now, into consideration and stated WB as the strongest.

I would understand, if some1 should say:
  • There is a translation mistake
  • There must be a woman, fishman or Giant who is stronger than WB
  • The term "strongest" is only referred to brutal strength
But to say he can't be strong, coz of his age, his injury or by assuming he didn't fought many battles, doesn't make any sense to me. Oda knew all that and he still stated him as the strongest.

If there should be a power change in the OP world, after WB's introduction then you can talk of he being or not the strongest. Like BB eating his fruit after his introduction or generally any kind of power up for any character in the story. But nothing like this is known, so WB's title is still valid. In the upcoming War, he will probably (=speculation) lose in power or even die, then he won't be any more the strongest, but until then live with the fact the he is the strongest.

About Shanks, I don't know if u read my theory. anyway, fighter who uses in every of their battles swords are called swordsman. Those fighter are using a sword as their preferred fighting weapon and swordsmanship as their fighting style. For example Nightmare Luffy, he was able to use a sword, but he fought mainly with his bare hands. So he is not a swordsman.

Shanks was called former rivals of Mwk and was said to have duels with him. It was also said Shanks has top sword skills. Tbh I can't recall Shanks been portrayed by Oda without his sword. Imo Shanks is a swordsman, who lost the rivalry with Mwk. Now seeing Mwk sitting at the top, should explain who is superior.
 

mugiwara84

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

I will try to explain without to be offensive: Eiichiro ODA stated Whitebeard as the strongest by fading in a infobox. The purpose of this infobox is to give information about the character. Its similar to datebooks, which gives informations about characters which in some cases won't be shown in the manga. Its not like some character talked about WB and stated him as the strongest. No rumour, no legend, no myth it is clear fact stated by Oda himself. If u deny Oda then stop reading OP.
Giving someone a title ain't the same as saying he's unrivaled and unbeatable. I don't want to keep repeating myself just cause you think a little box represents absolute law when in shonen mangas that's far from the truth. Oda wanted to show his strength and the man considered bye all the people in OP as nr 1 rather then saying to the audience this is the world strongest man who no-one can beat.

I don't know, but I believe he has, since he is a active Pirate on sea. But that doesn't matter anyway. If Oda says he is the strongest then he is, even if he never fought in his entire life. You have no reason to doubt that. Why do u even think about WB's past? Despite his past, his current condition and his age, Oda stated him as the strongest by a infobox. I repeat a infobox, its not like any character stated him as the strongest.
It does matter, only bye fighting the strongest can you really distinguish if yourself are still the strongest. I have reason to doubt cause of what I said before. And cause I've always learned to read between the lines so I don't take every line as canon especially things like STRONGEST in a shonen manga.

All so I can't imagine a handfull of pirates that would dare to challenge Whitebeard or see any benefits (besides fame) for them to challenge Whitebeard which made it rather easy for him to hold on to that title. Didn't the vast majority of OP fans think anyway that he got that title cause he tied against Roger?




I apologize about my tone, yes it was offensive. Anyway, my point was that you think WB is not any more the strongest. If that is true then why didn't Oda stated him as the former strongest? I mean Oda is capable of writing that word, sice he did on Kuma and Flamingo. Does it seriously make any sense to you?
Didn't I answer it my previous post why Oda didn't state him as former strongest? Go reread it, and it's not cause you personally find my irl comparisation flawed that I have to think it's flawed. I'm sure just like you think people are retarded for not taking that info box as an absolute truth they are thinking that you are beeing awfull smallminded just cause it said in an info box. Reread first paragraphe of this post. Does it seriously make any sense to you now?


But to say he can't be strong, coz of his age, his injury or by assuming he didn't fought many battles, doesn't make any sense to me. Oda knew all that and he still stated him as the strongest.
Again you are twisting my words even on the same matter. When did I say he can't be strong, He's considered the strongest man in OP which makes you still a (big big) monster. All that I'm saying is that he's probably inferior to himself 22y a go or when the battle with Roger took place cause of the wound Roger inflicted on him and cause getting older usually has that effect on you, though this is mere speculation on my part cause nothing stops Oda for making him actually stronger bye mastering some moves during those 22y. However the first part seems more likely to me.

I there should be a power change in the OP world, after WB's introduction then you can talk of he being or not the strongest. Like BB eating his fruit after his introduction or generally any kind of power up for any character in the story. But nothing like this is known, so WB's title is still valid. In the upcoming War, he will probably (=speculation) lose in power or even die, then he won't be any more the strongest, but until then live with the fact the he is the strongest.
This is actually the part that confuses me the most, I thougth I saw you saying somewhere that Blackbeard is probably at his strongest atm and won't be getting any power ups seeing he's as old as Shanks and Mihawk. Then I'm quite sure I saw you also saying somewhere that Blackbeard could possible defeat Whitebeard during the war which is simply impossible with your reasoning of Whitebeard beeing the world strongest and Blackbeard having had 0 power ups since his first introduction. Or you have to be of opinion that a lot of people are going to tire Whitebeard out or injure him and then Blackbeard just steps in to take the credit of the win.


About Shanks, I don't know if u read my theory. anyway, fighter who uses in every of their battles swords are called swordsman. Those fighter are using a sword as their preferred fighting weapon and swordsmanship as their fighting style. For example Nightmare Luffy, he was able to use a sword, but he fought mainly with his bare hands. So he is not a swordsman.

Shanks was called former rivals of Mwk and was said to have duels with him. It was also said Shanks has top sword skills. Tbh I can't recall Shanks been portrayed by Oda without his sword. Imo Shanks is a swordsman, who lost the rivalry with Mwk. Now seeing Mwk sitting at the top, should explain who is superior.
I did read it but I've also read Imotorar's post about the Databooks beeing more for fun ($) then beeing absolutely true seeing they are not written bye Oda.
I gave my defenition of a true swordsman, a person who only fights bye the sword. Not someone who adds kempo or any other style and I do think their is a high possibility that the revised his swords style to something completely different. The DF fruit option like some dreamers think I give a 0.01% chance. Also I think Mihawk & Shanks could have just gave up the rivalry seeing he ain't a swordsman that only relys on his sword anymore rather then him beeing not a match for him anymore.
 
Last edited:

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Didn't I answer it my previous post why Oda didn't state him as former strongest? Go reread it, and it's not cause you personally find my irl comparisation flawed that I have to think it's flawed. I'm sure just like you think people are retarded for not taking that info box as an absolute truth they are thinking that you are beeing awfull smallminded just cause it said in an info box. Reread first paragraphe of this post. Does it seriously make any sense to you now?
Please tell me how Oda-sensei can make it more obvious for you.

Its in a freaking INFOBOX for god's sake. I don't see anyone questioning Gol D Roger achieving Pirate King status, or Mihawk's Strongest Swordsman status even though we know he would be defeated in the future by Zoro. Even though it is very likely that WB will be defeated, it doesn't mean that hes not the strongest man just because of speculation from fans.

How can Oda convey the fact that hes the strongest man to you? I mean, if an infobox isn't enough..do you want it printed on every page, highlighted, in italics, bold or what? How can that information get through to you?

Moderator Notice:
Please try not to word your posts so harshly. Discussions should be kept civil, and flaming or bashing will not be tolerated.~ Imitorar
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top