Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?
It's not like Im mocking on you, just this topic always pissed me off. Ppl start doubting Oda and start to ask who is the strongest, even though is obviously clear. I tried many times to overlook this topic, but since Im a fan of Oda, I just simply can't.
I will try to explain without to be offensive: Eiichiro ODA stated Whitebeard as the strongest by fading in a infobox. The purpose of this infobox is to give information about the character. Its similar to datebooks, which gives informations about characters which in some cases won't be shown in the manga. Its not like some character talked about WB and stated him as the strongest. No rumour, no legend, no myth it is clear fact stated by Oda himself. If u deny Oda then stop reading OP.
Now can I ask you a question? Do you honostly think that Whitebeard has had fights with what maybe could be the strongest 5 people in One Piece the last years?
I don't know, but I believe he has, since he is a active Pirate on sea.
But that doesn't matter anyway. If Oda says he is the strongest then he is, even if he never fought in his entire life. You have no reason to doubt that. Why do u even think about WB's past? Despite his past, his current condition and his age, Oda stated him as the strongest by a infobox. I repeat a infobox, its not like any character stated him as the strongest.
All I said is that I highly doubt he's still as strong as he used to was due to the wound that Roger inflicted and since he seems to getting a bit older.
WB is probably not as strong as he used to be as in his prime time. So he must be weaker in his current position. But Oda labelled WB in his current situation as the strongest. Basically, in his prime time he was
incredibly strong, due to time and probably a combat injury he lost in power. But he is despite that still the strongest as Oda said.
I doubt he has been fighting non stop with all the strongest people out there, with beeing probably the nr 1 crew and having his title of world strongest man I doubt many people come challenging him. Not saying that he didn't have even one fight but just saying that I doubt he's been fighting with the 5 current strongest people in OP to know if he's still truly the strongest man at the moment.
Even if he never fought in his entire life, he is still the strongest as Oda said. Its his Manga, if he says sth then its absolute. If u have reason to doubt that then you are doubting One Piece.
Can't say I appreciate your tone with how it seems you're mocking my comment. Do I even have to respond seriously on the former bounty and drawing questions? I'll do the former bounties part, well since they became government dogs it's clear that the government ain't after them anymore so it's normal they took their bounties away and put former before it. In Whitebeard case nobody came yet to take his title away cause like I said I highly doubt that anyone came challenging to have that title. Now I'll give an irl example, a new boxer appears stronger then the current world champion and truly the strongest boxer but it'll take him 2 years till he has a chance on a title fight.
I apologize about my tone, yes it was offensive. Anyway, my point was that you think WB is not any more the strongest. If that is true then why didn't Oda stated him as the
former strongest? I mean Oda is capable of writing that word, sice he did on Kuma and Flamingo. Does it seriously make any sense to you?
About your comparing real life with manga, there is a logical flaw. Your are talking about a tournament title which is not the same case with WB. Whether or not WB fought many battles, whereby he proved himself as the strongest, is not the case. Like said Oda stated him as the strongest with a infobox, the purpose of this infoboxes is to give us reader information about the character. If in Real Life a god (should he exist) would call Person B as the strongest, even though Person A is due to a tournament by humans called as the strongest. Who do u think is stronger? Person A who called by God (who took every human in consideration) as the strongest or Person B who is due to a tournament (where not every human could participate) called as the strongest?
Oda took every character in the story, as they are now, into consideration and stated WB as the strongest.
I would understand, if some1 should say:
- There is a translation mistake
- There must be a woman, fishman or Giant who is stronger than WB
- The term "strongest" is only referred to brutal strength
But to say he can't be strong, coz of his age, his injury or by assuming he didn't fought many battles, doesn't make any sense to me. Oda knew all that and he still stated him as the strongest.
If there should be a power change in the OP world, after WB's introduction then you can talk of he being or not the strongest. Like BB eating his fruit after his introduction or generally any kind of power up for any character in the story. But nothing like this is known, so WB's title is still valid. In the upcoming War, he will probably (=speculation) lose in power or even die, then he won't be any more the strongest, but until then live with the fact the he is the strongest.
About Shanks, I don't know if u read my theory. anyway, fighter who uses in every of their battles swords are called swordsman. Those fighter are using a sword as their preferred fighting weapon and swordsmanship as their fighting style. For example Nightmare Luffy, he was able to use a sword, but he fought mainly with his bare hands. So he is not a swordsman.
Shanks was called former rivals of Mwk and was said to have duels with him. It was also said Shanks has top sword skills. Tbh I can't recall Shanks been portrayed by Oda without his sword.
Imo Shanks is a swordsman, who lost the rivalry with Mwk. Now seeing Mwk sitting at the top, should explain who is superior.