The Japflap Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Japflap Thread

boutboul

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi, I think Eagle wouln't be allowing you to post the site. People who wants oldest releases should ask you by pm or something, but not on the site directly : /

Sinon, Eagle, y s'rait temps de mettre à jour un peu ta carte de visite! ^^

henrikoez

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So is it okay if people PM me to ask for the older chapters of Japflap in English?

I admire your work, Japflap. What a great skill you have there. I hope i can do that like you do.

Is there a lot of cleaners in your team?

Eagle

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It's right that I don't let oldest files on my website for copyrights reasons. Whatever the language of the chapter (UK or FR), I don't want any problems with Shueisha or any other copyrights owner.

The risk is already too big by only Editing, and hosting files is quite expansive too, that's why I'm deleting the files when the japanese volume is released from my website only.

Anybody's free to respect or not my decision about spreading the older chapters.

To answer your question, we've got many cleaners, but each one of them is not cleaning every week. To HQ release in one week, I usually need 7-8 of them, meaning they should each clean at least 2 pages. But, Japflap's got some "cleaning machines" that can clean 5-6 pages in a row ^^ Everyone in Japflap is doing his best to keep this 1 week rhythm.

Thanks for supporting us ;)

Bebi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question hasn't been asked for ages, but, now that the spelling of Pain's name has been confirmed, will you be using the official spelling in your Edited Mangas?

SharinganItachi

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I have an important question for you, Eagle. Actually two.
What language do you prefer speaking English or French parce ce que je peux formuler mes questions en Francais ou en Anglais comme tu preferes?
Can you release an HQ RAW (Japanese) of the Posters in Chapters 384 and 220.
Thanks, Merci.

P.S.:If anybody else has them in HQ I accept them too but in one picture not two.

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Question hasn't been asked for ages, but, now that the spelling of Pain's name has been confirmed, will you be using the official spelling in your Edited Mangas?
Oh! Sorry for the late answer, but as you saw, we switched to the official name of course! But we will ot change the previous ones.

I have an important question for you, Eagle. Actually two.
What language do you prefer speaking English or French parce ce que je peux formuler mes questions en Francais ou en Anglais comme tu preferes?
Can you release an HQ RAW (Japanese) of the Posters in Chapters 384 and 220.
Thanks, Merci.
You can PM me in french, but let's keep the English language so that everyone can understand.
The pages you want have already been done by Japflap in those old chapters.

Last edited:

SharinganItachi

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Can you release an HQ Raw of the Cover of the 45th book, PLZ?
Anyway, I admire your work!! THANKS

eyesotope

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
I just wanted to thank you for the recent bunch of releases (and all your other releases really) :)
the new page size is just lovely :hearts

can I ask who did your new (and awesome!!) credits page?

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
japflap has such amazing clean Edited Mangas my favorite Editing group, if only youd do vagabond the Manga Editors doing that are lacking :(

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
I just wanted to thank you for the recent bunch of releases (and all your other releases really) :)
the new page size is just lovely :hearts

can I ask who did your new (and awesome!!) credits page?
Thanks for your comment and sorry for the late answer, I didn't know that this thread was still alive XDD

And for the credits page thing, I did it myself. I'm glad you liked it.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen this thread before but never posted here. Firstly I just wanted to thanl you guys for the time you take to provide us with such high quality scans, especially now that you clean to 1400.
I wanted to ask, where do you stand on cleaning tankobons? Since I figured I'd be easier?

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Hello goldb,

I'll give you my personnal reasons for why I don't really want to clean Tankobons :

- The quality of the scans are not good enough, I'll have to scan it myself and it takes too much time.
- I always thought that Edited Mangas was for impatient people who can not wait the Tankoubon book.
- I'm not sure our readers are waiting us in the Tankoubon stuff, but in the HQ up-to-date weekly chapters.
- I do not want to promote Edited Mangas if the Tankoubon is on sell.

But yeah, for having cleaning the original pages in vol 48, I can say it's much easier ^^

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I was thinking about the scanning, all those pages would take a long time, but I just wanted to hear your reasons.
Thanks for the quick reply. My next question is regarding the ongoing scanalations, when can expect them?

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
As long as my cleaners can do their job, there will be other releases.

But I must admit that we've been slowed down, most of the time because many cleaners stop or left suddenly. Everyone has its own reason & life, but it happened very quickly.

Plus, I'm focussing myself more on the website instead of cleaning since my child is born...

That's also why we're looking for new cleaners to survive and catch up. I guess it happens to every team once ^^

If we cannot release before the tankoubon, I think it'll be the time for us to drop the project... I hope it won't happen!

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no! I hope that doesn't happen. I've always wanted to try cleaning, I need to get my laptop fixed; once I've done that I'll come to your site and go through your tutorials.

soDeq05

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello Japflap ! :tem and hi Eagle :amuse

This is my first post in this thread. . So , here is my first question . Does Japflap has an irc channel . As far as I am concerned , Japflap never has one . Why is that so ?

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi there!

Sorry, we do not have an IRC channel. We used to have one, but nobody was coming in, so we abandonned it. Now, we've only got our Facebook page.

Cheers!