Request Uploading new Edited Mangas and new release alert

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Okay, a suggestion here, although it's something that's more of a realisation that's come to me when adding some of Eternal's releases.

When adding/uploading a release, the release type has only "Chapter" or "Volume" and the "Chapter:" field below it only allows integers to be posted. Is it possible to have "0" to be allowed to be used as sometimes manga have prologue chapters?

Also, this was mentioned by Ju-da-su in a earlier post, but there is no way to distinguish between Chapter 05 and Gaiden 05 for Tales of the Abyss, which will also hold true for future releases and any other series for that matter, even if they're from tankoubon scans. There will be no way to differentiate between the Gaiden chapters from the normal chapters. My suggestion is to either allow letters to be posted in the "Chapter:" field, or, in the "Release Type:" drop down menu, add in an option that says "Gaiden" for chapters that are not part of the main story but are extra chapters.

Another suggestion I have is perhaps you can also add in a "Volume:" field (like how MangaUpdates does it) for people that are actually using tankoubon raws for their releases, so that people know that they are for so and so volume of the title? This field will be optional.

Also, another suggestion, although I'm not sure if this is implemented already. If it is, please enlighten me =D

I noticed that when you subscribe to new Edited Manga alert (not sure if it's the same for new translation alert), it will alert you of every single release, including languages that you do not want to read it in. Is it possible to make it such that you'll only receive alerts for the language you want to read it in?

I hope you'll take these into consideration.

Also, thanks for the great job you guys are doing.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thanks for the feedback and posting your suggestions here!

Regarding gaiden / special chapters, this functionality has already been added. You can now select release type by volume, chapter, gaiden or special. (See picture below)



Another suggestion I have is perhaps you can also add in a "Volume:" field (like how MangaUpdates does it) for people that are actually using tankoubon raws for their releases, so that people know that they are for so and so volume of the title? This field will be optional.
The problem with this is, some chapters will have volume numbers and others won't. Also, sometimes, Manga Editors using magazine scans have to predict the volume numbers, and get the volume number wrong because of extras in a tankoubon that shifts the number of chapters. In fact, the mangaupdates system annoys me a bit because the volume number makes it appear as if the volume has already been released, when it hasn't. ^^;

I noticed that when you subscribe to new Edited Manga alert (not sure if it's the same for new translation alert), it will alert you of every single release, including languages that you do not want to read it in. Is it possible to make it such that you'll only receive alerts for the language you want to read it in?
This is currently in the works. :)
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Thanks for the feedback and posting your suggestions here!

Regarding gaiden / special chapters, this functionality has already been added. You can now select release type by volume, chapter, gaiden or special. (See picture below)

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and I added TotA Gaiden 04 to it XD

The problem with this is, some chapters will have volume numbers and others won't. Also, sometimes, Manga Editors using magazine scans have to predict the volume numbers, and get the volume number wrong because of extras in a tankoubon that shifts the number of chapters. In fact, the mangaupdates system annoys me a bit because the volume number makes it appear as if the volume has already been released, when it hasn't. ^^;
Actually, the volume field in MangaUpdates is optional. I dunno why some people go and predict the volume number. It's absolutely unnecessary. It annoys me that some people goes and predicts the volume number when the tanko isn't out yet.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=36

This is the link to Eternal's list of releases at MangaUpdates. Notice how I don't put a volume number for Tales of Vesperia, cause there isn't a tanko yet and I'm not using tanko scans anyway. I only put in the volume number for releases where I use tanko raws, otherwise, I leave it blank. I don't know why some people just had to put something in there when the field is actually optional (heck, even the chapter number is optional).

Well, it really is up to you. The volume number really isn't that important. It's more of something I was thinking of to differentiate tanko raws and magazine raws used for Edited Mangas. =)

This is currently in the works. :)
That's good to know, cause I certainly don't want to be receiving PMs for translations and Edited Mangas in all languages when I only read English and don't know anything about the other languages =P
 
Top