Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome back Nishi. I hope you do well again. And glad to see Psyren starting to yo-yo. It must mean they don't want to cancel it.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome back Nishi. I hope you do well again. And glad to see Psyren starting to yo-yo. It must mean they don't want to cancel it.
Yo-yoing is better than cellar dwelling. My guess is less the editors and more the people starting to speak out for it. Personally at this rate, if Psyren lasts longer than Mieru Hito, that's a good sign for it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Wasn't it at this amount of chapters mieru hito got cancelled? I remember it was short after its char popularity poll. I hope psyren is going to get one though I don't know when or how they decide to give those things

anyway I agree with StrangerAtaru this is better than cellar dwelling. It could be psyren is getting more appreciated but let's wait for that conclusion. But yeah why not? Sket dance was a similar case too
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sket was at the bottom for a long time but it beat that. I think Psyren can too.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/113156.html

Yeah another one, this being the HARDEST TO VOTE ON YET! almost at the end though so plugs end soon.

Well sket wasn't faltering as badly as psyren was, but to now be at the top of the bottom 5 it could well survive a good while longer. good news for you all eh
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/113156.html

Yeah another one, this being the HARDEST TO VOTE ON YET! almost at the end though so plugs end soon.

Well sket wasn't faltering as badly as psyren was, but to now be at the top of the bottom 5 it could well survive a good while longer. good news for you all eh
Sket did have a lot of problems but since around the first anniversary and the poll it's been picking up rankwise. Personally I say that if it makes it to it's 2nd anniversary in July, an anime for October, '09 is not out of the question. And Psyren...well, it survived one year (and they probably will have a poll once that anniversary is celebrated in the magazine) but I don't think it's matched Mieru as of yet in length...so I say that all it really can do now is continue to accelerate while watching other series both new and old go away.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/113156.html

Yeah another one, this being the HARDEST TO VOTE ON YET! almost at the end though so plugs end soon.

Well sket wasn't faltering as badly as psyren was, but to now be at the top of the bottom 5 it could well survive a good while longer. good news for you all eh
It was in about the same spot for many months and you can't deny that. We all were almost sure it was going to bottom out.
 

bleach91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
113
Reaction score
762
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
France
The new manga "Bokke-san"



+ Kuroko no Basuke

 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Can bokke-san do as good as muhyo to roujie? We'll see that

but his art is so freaking cool
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can't wait to read it. Nishi has such good monster designs.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hum, we will see i guess lol, creepy, stalker kid with masks = maybe a good manga? lol do we know anything on the plot yet?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hum, we will see i guess lol, creepy, stalker kid with masks = maybe a good manga? lol do we know anything on the plot yet?
There is a way... if someone could translated the taglines in the color page then we certainly would know more ;)

anyway suspense is a genre that doesn't a lot so look foward if it'll have supernatural elements or something else?
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder if this will have a more serious tone than Muhyo.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I wonder if this will have a more serious tone than Muhyo.
It depends on what you understand as a serious tone

but I would say muhyo to roujie had a serious tone itself too comparing to others

I am more interested in the story
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/113156.html
Yeah we're one step away from being in the final phase of this oft plugged monstrosity. This time it's like the original version done months back! best WSJ series EVER!

and i get on my knees and plea for more people to vote on part 4, as the size of the vote is putting people off, but any little contribution can help it make more sense.

and part 1 ends tomorrow!

and now back on topic..... Bokke san doesn't look as good as muhyo, but that's the lack of instant wow factor from the protagonist's looks. Nowt on Muhyo, or Roji.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Bokke-san's preview is too small for me...the characters are really hard to read in that size/colour.

Nevertheless I'm quite impressed by Meister and Kuroko no Basuke, I really enjoyed both of them. If Bokke-san will also be fun to read I'm happy with this year's newbies.
Last year I felt kinda dissappointed since I only liked K.O.Sen...which died way too fast imho.

I'll check out the newest survey after this...even though I still want to (=have to : D) vote on the genre-related one. : /
But damn...it's really hard to decide!

----------

Cover hasn't been posted yet, no...? : )
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
and now back on topic..... Bokke san doesn't look as good as muhyo, but that's the lack of instant wow factor from the protagonist's looks. Nowt on Muhyo, or Roji.
I can't understand this but with muhyo to roujie I didn't have a wow factor from the protagonist's looks either. I don't know if you have read muhyo but muhyo (and bokke prolly) aren't the manga of a wow protagonist. We certainly can't speak about bokke yet. But what I like about nishi and muhyo was mainly his story and his art (indirectly char design too)... Make it especially his story, that was the WOW

So if bokke has a good story, why not a run of +10 volumes
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm, funny. Instead of a wow factor, I got more of the "Ew this looks like Gash Bell" factor.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nishi's art is still creepy.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, funny. Instead of a wow factor, I got more of the "Ew this looks like Gash Bell" factor.
Nishi's art is still creepy.
Lol randal is quoting another manga that I liked a lot. Comparisons with gash, the books and summoning prolly :)

Art is creepy, creepy doesn't mean bad for me. But his art is indeed strange but that's what I love, the art is something you enjoy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top