The Bomber D Rufi Thread

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
*Walks into dimly lit room* Uh...yo. I noticed that I'm getting a fan following (Twelve or so people and growing!) So I figured I should put something here for you guys (and gals?) To read.

I'm Bomber D Rufi, kiirobon, or Sakaki. Think of me as Slim Shady Marshal Mathers and Eminem (Though I'm not a rap fan. Sorry I make bad metaphors a lot....it's one of my endearing traits.) BDR is my translation name, kiirobon my LJ and fandom name and Sakaki could be considered my writing name...although it's really the name of the protagonist in one of my first stories.

Yes I do write along with translate (although the former seems to be taking a backseat to the latter lately.) I do poetry, fiction and screenplays (I'm undiscovered FOR NOW...) Enkon Kanbouki Vivid (Ghost Watching Chronicles VIVID) is the name of my current work..although I've got plenty more cooking once I can get my lazy ass up to write.

As for Japanese, that's actually a long story. I signed up for it in High School, but because my HS was full of win i ended up in Spanish which I promptly failed. (I like sarcasm. Bite me :-P) In my second year of taking it, I also took a Music class that was in the same room as the Japanese class later on in the day. One day I snatched a textbook and took it home (Hey I didn't say this story was squeaky clean.) And started teaching myself Hiragana and Katakana. In a week I had mastered that, and then made an attempt at Kanji by making a cheat sheet of kanji most seen in Video games. (Which I still have to this day!) After passing Spanish in my sophomore year, I finally got into Japanese one and pretty much blew the class away, since over the summer I had been reading lots of dictionaries and the textbook. I took a second year in HS and again was pretty much Number 1. Unfortunately I didn't get into a college that offered it, so I ended up forgetting a bit of what I knew.....that is until I discovered the Law of Ueki in 2005. I loved the anime, and bought volumes 9-16 raw, prompting me to revisit what I knew. I attempted some translation, but realized that I was no cnet128 XD And gave up.

That is till a silver colored epiphany hit me. In 2006 the Gintama anime had been announced and I out of curiosity went to read some raws of the series....it was wordy, and didn't seem interesting. So I went back and found some scantlations. They were fun, but still not my cup of tea. However, one thing did stick for me...and that was Sorachi himself. I had been used to Eiichiro Oda's personality when it came to mangaka....as in they're a bit weird but generally upbeat. Sorachi reminded me of Garfield (Of which I'm a big fan of too) Cantankerous, lazy, and snarky. I liked Sorachi BEFORE I liked Gintama. The anime started and thats when the characters became more likable to me, and soon I fell in love with Gintama. I noticed that scans had stalled, and then finally steeling my resolve, I decided to attempt translation again. I was still a wet behind the ears brat with delusions of grandeur when started typing up that second chapter of the Umibozu arc, but six hours later It was done and posted on MH. The rest as they say....is History.

I'm a pretty laid back individual, who has witty remarks for every occasion. I don't have many things I really dislike, and what I really dislike I HATE. I love Japanese culture and the language, and as of now I'm a undergraduate with a Degree in Fine arts (English concentration.) Looking for a job (Hide all of your bad economy jokes, I'm really sensitive right now :( )

I'm not much of a people person, which is why I don't join groups (Both out of being shy, and rather antisocial.) But hey you guys benefit from it, because I don't go out much I can translate a lot more :-P I'm currently working to make Shounen Sunday a little more well known (Which is why I'm sticking to translating manga from it~) And sharpening my Japanese.

...Feel free to ask me stuff? :) Anything's fine ^^ After all a thread isn't a thread without discussion.

Right right....translation stuff...
Gintama Lesson 59-62, 107, 140, 162, 174-182, 187-244
Magic Ban Removal!! Hyde and Closer Chapter 1-27
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro 161-170
Hajimete no Aku Chapter 1-3
Shikabane Hime Chapter 2
Tista Chatper 1
Traumeister Chapter 1
Detective Conan 625 (For Magic Bullet Girl)
Law of Ueki Plus Chapter 3-5, 18-20, and 45
Holy Crystal Albatross 2-5
Change Boy One shot
Thirteen One Shot
Golden Sun 4 Komas (Joint with my pal cinnamonical @ LJ)
Bomberman 4 Komas (Joint with my pal cinnamonical @ LJ)
Gintama Anime OP's 3-6 for Rumbel subs
Gintama Anime ED's 4-12 for Rumbel subs
Zettai Karen Children OP 2 & ED 3 for Chihiro Subs
Major 4th Season OP and ED for SMI subs
Nirgils 24 Hour Search light
Bomberman Fantasy Race Playstation ED
(Wow I've actually done a fair bit O_o)
 
Last edited:

fiva

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for your translations. They are very easy to use and typeset and there are little to no mistakes.^^

Since you are willing to consider requests, I won't feel shy and ask right away:

Orichalcum Reycal
Info: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=19103&method=useful
Raw: http://mangahelpers.com/m/orichalcum-reycal/raws/

or
Kinkyuu Shutsudou! Senri119
Info: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=14436
Raw: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/5567

Also, I need a proofreader for someone's translations. ( 2 chapters, one of 20 pg and one of 8 pg) The translator is a beginner and this is his first time translating Jap->Eng. His first language isn't English, so any proofreader needs to make the sentences flow more fluent besides correcting minor mistakes.

Only problem is that it's roman harem........
Anyway, the series name is Omamori Himari, in case you want to check it out.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Ah my first victim! Excellent! Seriously though, I may consider the top one, although it looks like it might head into a romantic path....the second one looks interesting But It's seinen. ^^;;; It's not that I have anything against seinen, but my Japanese isn't good enough to translate without that furigana crutch. Get back to me in about a year on that one.

As for translation checking, I could give that a go when I have a little bit of time (Since you can't rush through checking...) If it's harem, that's fine...I'll just try not to think too much about it.

And thank YOU for coming and reading the thread. I'm glad you're doing Aku, since it seems like thanks to your scantlations people are beginning to like the series. So thank you again!
 

fiva

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Ok, thanks for considering.
As for now, the translation checking has priority. You can do them when you find the time.

Do you want me too post the script and raw here or send you a PM?

Edit: Lol Hajimete no Aku actually ranks number 1 in the weekly series stats of manga-updates.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You can PM me....though again I usually don't check that as much as I should ^^;; But I don't want the thread to get clogged up with requests.....(for now.) And It's awesome that Aku's doing so hot :)
 

fiva

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, am I the only one posting here..^^.

Anyway, could you translate a missing line in Hajime no Aku chapter 3 pg 10 bottom right panel.

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0310le0.jpg

010

Jiro: Here.

Kyouko: GYAAAH!!!

(Sfx- Gatasu *clatter*)

----> missing line

Jiro: You may have turned me down this morning, but I won’t give up!

You’ll come around eventually, and I’ll be waiting!

So with that in mind, I modified the airspace within your bag!

No need to worry though, it’s wide inside, but convenient for you out there right?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
010

Jiro: Here.

Kyouko: GYAAAH!!!

(Sfx- Gatasu *clatter*)

Aki: What's wrong?!

And yeah >_> I need to find a way to get more people to post here....or do I just suck that much?
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hooray!

I'm just posting to post something. >.>

I should really be drawing. X)
 

Hitsugaara

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
490
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
whoa, posting here too. :)
Eh, wanna ask you something.
You say no request open for jump manga,seinen and.... :amuse
Can you explain jump manga?
is naruto, bleach, or one piece = jump manga?
Bokke-san need a help.:)
 

Anaoj

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Hi, I've been Editing Gintama chapters (196 and 197, so far) using your translations. I'm still new to this and I wasn't sure if I could just use them freely so I sent you a PM last week asking for your permission but you must've missed it. Anyway, if that's not ok with you, I'll remove them as soon as possible. : )

Thank you for your translations (last Gintama chapter was awesome : P).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
whoa, posting here too. :)
Eh, wanna ask you something.
You say no request open for jump manga,seinen and.... :amuse
Can you explain jump manga?
is naruto, bleach, or one piece = jump manga?
Bokke-san need a help.:)
Jump manga are series that are currently in Shounen Jump. And yes your example is perfect. Bleach Naruto and One piece are in Shounen Jump. Bokke-san is too, so Unfortunately that's included in my no-no list. ^^;; Although if it doesn't get anyone after a bit I may consider picking it up.


Hi, I've been Editing Gintama chapters (196 and 197, so far) using your translations. I'm still new to this and I wasn't sure if I could just use them freely so I sent you a PM last week asking for your permission but you must've missed it. Anyway, if that's not ok with you, I'll remove them as soon as possible. : )

Thank you for your translations (last Gintama chapter was awesome : P).
Ah sure sure! Go on right ahead and use the Gintama translations. Again I'm really bad at checking PM's since I usually post and then leave, but now that I have a thread i make sure to check it often. If you have any questions about the translations (or the translator) please come here and ask!
 

Anaoj

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Ah sure sure! Go on right ahead and use the Gintama translations. Again I'm really bad at checking PM's since I usually post and then leave, but now that I have a thread i make sure to check it often. If you have any questions about the translations (or the translator) please come here and ask!
Ok, thanks then. I'm halfway through chapter 198 now. It kinda bugged me that there are some many Gintama chapters yet to be scanlated, that I just started to see if there were any translations and doing the editing/typesetting myself.

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work. : )
 

fiva

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Wow thx for the quick translation. Could you please translate a missing sentence on page 3 upper right panel. Spike bubble when the fan club is jumping down. (Or did I missed it?)
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Wow thx for the quick translation. Could you please translate a missing sentence on page 3 upper right panel. Spike bubble when the fan club is jumping down. (Or did I missed it?)
Ah no I missed it. ^^;; It's like a 'hup'! or something like that. Though I see you got it anyway.
 

fiva

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Lol I specialize in making things up, but it's better too have a real translator translating it or people will start flaming me.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
lol Well I'm not a real translator....or I should say I'm not a really GOOD translator. (Yet!) But I'm glad you enjoy Aku as much as I do. Lets hope it lives a long time.....(Or at least Yuki lives a long time.)
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi, first at all i wants say thank you for translation Seikesshou Albatross series(already release chapter 1-5)

could u consider the request to continue translation Seikesshou Albatross series.. I do have volume 2-5 in raw so i can hand over to you

thank you for your time..
 

Amit

Proofreader
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 31, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
India
Err..HI!
(Just dropped in to say that... =) )
You do a wonderful job with your translations=less work for me.So yeah,keep up the good work.(The only errors I find are usually typos.)
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hi, first at all i wants say thank you for translation Seikesshou Albatross series(already release chapter 1-5)

could u consider the request to continue translation Seikesshou Albatross series.. I do have volume 2-5 in raw so i can hand over to you

thank you for your time..
I can't promise I'll do Albatross soon, as I'm thinking of doing two other series at this time...but I've actually been considering doing the series for a while. Perhaps in a month or so? If you can wait I can try to arrange something, and yes I will need the raws again. ^^;;

Err..HI!
(Just dropped in to say that... =) )
You do a wonderful job with your translations=less work for me.So yeah,keep up the good work.(The only errors I find are usually typos.)
Thanks! :-P And yeah I gotta watch out for those typos. Don't forget you can ask me stuff too!
 
Top