Cleaning how to get the grays like this

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
OK I've been trying and trying but I can't seem to get the same effect as this.

http://mangahelpers.com/s/i-eat-manga/readonline/17530/1

I'm really curious to how to get the grays like that. I know you have to use neat image, I have tried that but I still can't seem to get that result.

Can anyone tell me so I can stop being curious about this, thanks :amuse
 
Last edited:

reinen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Maybe you should ask the cleaner. But I suggest you try different noise profile and settings from different raws and page. Sorry if this doesn't help. Off Topic, you could try another filter, Topaz DeNoise, a good one, better than Neat Image.
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you should ask the cleaner. But I suggest you try different noise profile and settings from different raws and page. Sorry if this doesn't help. Off Topic, you could try another filter, Topaz DeNoise, a good one, better than Neat Image.
hi, yeah the cleaner was thefolenangel and the only thing she told me was that she used neatimage but didnt tell me the settings or how to get that effect.

and yes I tried topaz denoise but that doesnt seem to get that effect aswell unless I'm using the completely wrong settings :(
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im also use neat image and have u try ask her for which setting.. but i suggest you try mess around with it ..
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
im also use neat image and have u try ask her for which setting.. but i suggest you try mess around with it ..
i tried but she only told me to mess around with it. I think its a secret lol.
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol.. well everyone likes have secret XD maybe i can help you out so pm me
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Question is... why would you want grays like that? :\
>_> i believe you also use that gray on WSJ/raw magazine :amuse
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You don't need filters to clean all the time...
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Why would you want to use the same gray technique as someone else? Make up your own technique and surprise the world xD

(That's what I did at the beggining... Later I moved to Topaz xD)
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Topaz ruins the artwork though.
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@ [Cross] yup i know but it on depend who raw provider.. and im not sure about little shimpy's raw i haven't see around here.. and yes mostly people like keep their secret techniques

@wade69 i do agree but like on depend on raw .. like hash ask to filter on specific chapter that only one chapter raw provider by franky house

btw it is not about all chapter but he asked specific chapter would like to try gray but i did try myself but it come out it is not same.. my opinion that franky house release MQ raw with white line dust.. but im sure they rescanning it for better quality without white dust line so as franky house able to release better quality that no scan group unable do.. i have nothing against to franky-house i just say what i thought..
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
btw it is not about all chapter but he asked specific chapter would like to try gray but i did try myself but it come out it is not same.. my opinion that franky house release MQ raw with white line dust.. but im sure they rescanning it for better quality without white dust line so as franky house able to release better quality that no scan group unable do.. i have nothing against to franky-house i just say what i thought..
I agree with Kajii. Kajii showed me the comparison between the raw frank-house released and their own cleaned chapter.
 

Insomniatic_Critic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
OK I've been trying and trying but I can't seem to get the same effect as this.

http://mangahelpers.com/s/i-eat-manga/readonline/17530/1

I'm really curious to how to get the grays like that. I know you have to use neat image, I have tried that but I still can't seem to get that result.

Can anyone tell me so I can stop being curious about this, thanks :amuse

That's an okay clean but if you want to copy anything, I'd say copy this:



That is simply epic afaic. The tones on the page are amazing. And apparently, this is an half assed effort. BTW, I didn't clean this, but i've been trying to duplicate the results for about a month now. :blink
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
wow that is better. if u figure it out please do tell me.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Topaz isn't it? Decent effort there... Be careful not to overuse it though...
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, it was.

Not too sure with that, just a simple topaz denoize, then leveling I think. Basic settings? Not too sure... Experiment dude, that's what it's all about. Creating your own, personal technique.
 
Top