Seinen Freesia by Jiro Matsumoto

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Can't believe how underrated this series is, Probably my 2nd fav behind Gantz, Gotta love the awesome writing and Jiro's unique art style.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I gave this one a shot a few days ago and it is actually good whoever the madness of the main male kind ruins it for me he is way too fucked up in the head, it does look like he start to get his stuff together later on the series, i do belive most woman wont enjoin this much since there is way too much violence/rape against woman on it.The action is very well done and the male lead has incredible skills if continues on becoming more of a normal guy this could turn to be one of the best mangas i have read.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
He tries to gain his sanity as the series goes on, but you can be the judge on that and I do know some women who love this series because of Higuchi (main character's boss)
 

Luco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Jiro is my hero. I love all his works, this is no exception.

Kano's insanity is one of my favourite points to this manga, I enjoy watching him struggle within his own mind while still managing to keep it together well enough to do his job fantastically. The plot setup is great, and every enforcement is interesting. There are some unresolved questions that I'm itching to know the answers to, and it's hard to tell where the story will go.

So all in all, it's great.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
whatever happened to his imaginary friends? my theory on them was that they represented his guilt, if this is true than does that mean he feels no guilt for his kills anymore?
 

Avulsion

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This is the best series out right now, next to Gantz and Shigurui. You have excellent taste fellow.

There were a bunch of hipsters bragging about how cool they are for picking Freesia up. Hadn't heard from them after one release.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
are you talking about Triumvirate? they released three chapters before they disappeared into obscurity.
 

Avulsion

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, them. They had a pretentious kind of page to go with the releases. It's ironic.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
lol. It's too bad cause they were doing a great job with the series and I don't think anyone else is gonna continue it.
 

Avulsion

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If we are lucky someone will recognize greatness. For now however groups will attend to insipid shonen and shoujo releases.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The translation for all of volume 9 is available: http://www.zzled.net/manga/manga.php?id=4 and the raw for volume 9 is floating around somewhere, I would continue it except I hate Editing my favorite series cause when I do everytime I see I'll be looking for flaws I did and it'll ruin the manga for me, that's why I usually scanlate things I don't really care about.
 

Avulsion

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
That is a bizarre reason. I would have to be you to understand.

Thanks for the link. I'll use it as a last resort if nobody picks the series up,
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I your desperate for the raw you can go to Jcafe24.com and beg for someone to reupload it, just make sure when you register to upload an avatar before doing anything then introduce yourself in the noob section by just starting a thread here: http://www.jcafe24.com/index.php?board=2.0
 

Avulsion

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I'll be sinking to that level this week. But you never know what the future holds.
 

Zenquibo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
We (triumvirate) are waiting for tank scans before continuing Freesia.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
We (triumvirate) are waiting for tank scans before continuing Freesia.
that's good to know but why are you waiting for tank scans? don't you guys have all of volume 9?
 

Zenquibo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
the quality of the public raws kinda sucks..pages are about 1055px height. I think Freesia deserves some better quality
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
okay cool, do you guys have wendy?


all the volume raws are out except for vol 10 and 11 and ch 70-75 of the magazine scans are out too. yeah! and GWR might be continuing volume 9!!! YEAH!!!
 
Last edited:

yal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
all the volume raws are out except for vol 10 and 11 and ch 70-75 of the magazine scans are out too. yeah! and GWR might be continuing volume 9!!! YEAH!!!
The volume raws are crappy and no fun to work with. If 'GWR' want to continue they should contact me and maybe we can find a way to work together. I'm sure they'd prefer better RAWs as well... well I guess I can write them a PM.

rest of v09 was released, thanks for talking to me GWR-tards :)
I hope they will also do v10+, cus I certainly won't even if we have the RAWs and all the translations. Good luck.
 
Last edited:

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
well I hope you guys still continue with a HQ vol9 Freesia and the more groups working on Freesia the better.


Looks like Freesia only has about a volume or two left, seems like Tanaka is the main antagonist and judging from chapter 77 it looks like his days are numbered.



can Kano look anymore badass?
 
Last edited:
Top