Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine19

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
81
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

they were...

-Titanic
-Air Bud (I can't remember which was)
-Harry Potter
-Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
-Finding Nemo(hahaha)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Which one of 'em? The newest one?


Just saw American Pie 1 / 2 and they are easy best ones... damn it's two wicked movies!!!
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Blade trilogy... that sucked to perfection....
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Watched a slick independent film called Wristcutters: A Love Story. Was a strange one, but humorous, well written and acted, and while it seems a little slow to progress, there's actually things going on that you're supposed to be paying attention to. I recommend it.

Also, Sukiyaki Western Django: 100% WIN!

If you like westerns and/or feudal Japanese movies you'll probably love it. Some have been put off by the fact that it's in English, but I liked it that way. I watched it with the subtitles on though just because it was easier to just read some of "Engrish" (I watched Sweeny Todd with the subtitles on too lol). The speech of the main characters was actually pretty good. Action was great. Story was a little weird, but made sense, unlike some other Japanese movies I could name...

Anyways I thought the movie was all pimp. Quentin Tarantino was a bonus.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just finished watching Nationa Treasure.. that sucked to perfection....
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hey, national treasure is awesome, don't be so negative :mad
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah joe!!! ur movie taste sucks camel's ass!!!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Whoa, whoa, no trash talk in this thread. Except if it's about National Treasure, on which I whole-heartedly agree with Grizz; it sucks bålls.

Getting even more pumped for Inglourious Basterds, now that Cristoph Waltz won best actor at Cannes. So Michael Haneke won the Golden Palm, whatever. Quentin still owns him any day! :vbunny
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Wanted was terrible, completely overhyped, lacking in substance and tried way too hard to be stylish.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Antichrist didn't win? Hmm, I figured DaFoe + von Trier combining for a horror film would surpass the competition (no offense to the other directors).
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

You know it man, wanted was really rubbish, it sucked to perfection....
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa, whoa, no trash talk in this thread. Except if it's about National Treasure, on which I whole-heartedly agree with Grizz; it sucks bålls.

Getting even more pumped for Inglourious Basterds, now that Cristoph Waltz won best actor at Cannes. So Michael Haneke won the Golden Palm, whatever. Quentin still owns him any day! :vbunny
I knw right... National Treasure was rubbish innit....
 

axellover2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
246
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I had no idea what was going on in Wanted.It was confusing.Also the day the Earth Stood still,had some of the lamest acting ever.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The day the earth stood still, i went to see it in the cinema with ma friends, we all fell asleep..
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Antichrist didn't win? Hmm, I figured DaFoe + von Trier combining for a horror film would surpass the competition (no offense to the other directors).
Damn that movie seems good. I mean, von Trier hasn't made a single bad movie yet, imo. I've only seen Dogville, Dancer in the Dark, Europa and Manderlay (which I have actually seen "behind the scenes" on the shooting location, I may pointlessly add), though, but all of those are great. The trailer is awesome, and it's got a superb cast. :tem

What movies do y'all look forward to the most this year? I'm trying to keep track of the ones worth keeping track of (which are yet to be release or I have yet to see), mine being;

Inglourious Basterds
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Whatever Works
Public Enemies
The Taking of Pelham 123
Tetro
Shutter Island
Up
Antichrist
The Soloist

Anyone have anything to add to this one? I feel like I'm forgetting a handful.:eyeroll
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Scratch Soloist, Shutter, Up, and Pelham. Add:

The Tournament (its release has been pushed back more times than I care to recall)
Funny People
500 Days of Summer (I've been dying for those two to work together again since I saw Manic years ago)
Gamer (doesn't hurt that Michael C. Hall appears to be an egomaniacal badass)
Paper Heart (looks excessively corny, but I'm a sucker for the awkwardness incarnate that is Michael Cera)
Taking Woodstock
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The worst film is Ricky 1
an unfunny parody of Rocky 1
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh yeah, those are all movies which I've liked the trailer for, except for Gamer. Taking Woodstock seems like the type of movie that could totally become one of my favorites, and all I've seen is the trailer. Yet, I won't scratch those movies you apparently do not agree with me on. Well, I'm not entirely sure whether to look forward to The Soloist or not, but the rest I'm pretty sure I have to see.

Shutter Island is a must see for me since Scorsese is one of my favorite directors and it does seem like it could be good.

I'm also a sucker for Pixar movies, be they a bit worse or as magic and astounding as WALL-E, Toy Story and all of their greats, and from the looks of the trailers and clips that are up, Up would be worth watching for the visuals only.

As for Pelham 123, I'm watching it mostly because it seems like a pretty action-packed Tony Scott-piece, which I know might just as well turn out kick-ass as it might end up being extremely mediocre. Plus James Gandolfini. And maybe a little bit because of it being, or so it seems, a source of inspiration for QT.

Anyone seen Terminator: Salvation? I'm thinking of seeing it when it comes out here June 3, but I haven't read any reviews and I have learned not to trust Imdb so soon after the release.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re:Teminator Salvation- Here's what RT has to say http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

I saw it last night, and god... I could fall into the numerous plotholes and never be heard from again. The direction and cinematography arn't bad, I guess it's a good movie if all you're after is eye-candy.
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i really want to see "terminator salvation" and "star trek", but i have no time with working and going to school. and the new harry potter is around the corner, aggghhh!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top