Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Naruto Z! Yay!
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well...if it's about Naruto's kid, then surely it'll put the kaibosh on who he ends up with in the end. But it's a pipe dream, if they were to do another naruto spin off it'd probably just be in the same universe with different characters.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ugh, no more Naruto additions please. I'm actually at the point where I don't even want to see another Kishimoto manga. Whatever he comes up with next, I won't read it.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ugh, no more Naruto additions please. I'm actually at the point where I don't even want to see another Kishimoto manga. Whatever he comes up with next, I won't read it.
He actually said he planned to create a mafia manga after Naruto at one point.

It'll probablly be many dozens times worse then KHR.

F*cking Pain Arc.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Kishi will inevitably suffer from the shadow of Naruto so he'll probably put much more into his new project.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

^Oh no doubts about that. I'm actually wondering if he will be capable of another hit again once Naruto finishes.

He actually said he planned to create a mafia manga after Naruto at one point.

It'll probablly be many dozens times worse then KHR.

F*cking Pain Arc.
The name of it was "Mario" or something like that if I remember right.

Funny thing is, Reborn doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as Part 2 Naruto. If there is the same amount of crap in the next story it wouldn't surprise me.
 
Last edited:

Searinghawk

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

[Cross];1372132 said:
Kishi will inevitably suffer from the shadow of Naruto so he'll probably put much more into his new project.
Similar to what happened to Watsuki after Kenshin ended. He never really got another hit series afterwards, since Gun Blaze West was cancelled and Busou Renkin only lasted 10 volumes.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I would die laughing if a new Kishimoto mafia manga ended up stealing Reborn's popularity.

Not that it would, but it would be terribly amusing.

Could editors force a manga to continue when the mangaka says otherwise? I'm far from being caught up with Naruto, but I haven't read (as?) many complaints about it being dragged out, not like Bleach. Any chance it could end at a proper time?

Oh, of course Bleach will never end. One can only hope.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Now I can actually say, with a 1,000% agreement of my heart:

"Just cancel Naruto already" :darn
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Could editors force a manga to continue when the mangaka says otherwise? I'm far from being caught up with Naruto, but I haven't read (as?) many complaints about it being dragged out, not like Bleach. Any chance it could end at a proper time?

Oh, of course Bleach will never end. One can only hope.
Toriyama wanted to end Dragonball with the Frieza arc.

Naruto doesn't seem stretched out to me. A few arcs lasted a little longer then I would have liked, but I feel that way about most tournament manga.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

He actually said he planned to create a mafia manga after Naruto at one point.
He said that loooong before Reborn started in Jump. I wonder if he still wants to go with this topic when there's a direct competitor on it. While a few Yakuza manga in the same magazine wouldn't raise an eyebrow, the 'Mafia' term is a little exotic to Japanese readers.

[Cross];1372132 said:
Kishi will inevitably suffer from the shadow of Naruto so he'll probably put much more into his new project.
Searinghawk said:
Similar to what happened to Watsuki after Kenshin ended. He never really got another hit series afterwards, since Gun Blaze West was cancelled and Busou Renkin only lasted 10 volumes.
Not necessary. There are also many mangaka who had more than one top seller e.g. Ranma/Inuyasha, Hikaru no Go/Death Note, Monster/20thCB/Pluto, Slam Dunk/Vagabond, CLAMP story universe, ect...

Some even topped themselves.

I'm far from being caught up with Naruto, but I haven't read (as?) many complaints about it being dragged out, not like Bleach. Any chance it could end at a proper time?
I actually think that he's trying to get it done now. You can really see that he's not very motivated anymore and comes merely up with too quick cliche solutions pushed up by plenty of fanservice

This new arc that's about to start will eventually be the preparation plot for the final stage. I'd say that the second next arc could very easily be the last one. He needs two arcs (for resolving two left main issues), IMHO, to end everything properly but I can't see why he would need more than that. 2009 is probably wishful thinking but 2010 sounds plausible, 2011 at the latest when he stays with his current story pacing.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I see him doing a Kakashi arc, a Sakura arc, and then a final arc starting early next year.
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Shueisha :
Bleach #39:


To Love #14:


Baku-man #03:
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh, how I love Bakuman's cover!
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bleach 39: Worst...cover...ever.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

bleach: blech
love trouble: pretty good
bakuman: love it
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriyama wanted to end Dragonball with the Frieza arc.
Yeah, but he also said (after the manga ended a several years already), that if it wasn't for the time passed he would've continued the manga.

I don't know why they exactly ended the manga, but it had something to do with the same reason Neko Majin went on hiatus for 6 months.

(Or so I've heard....)
 

Elyon A. Luna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Not necessary. There are also many mangaka who had more than one top seller e.g. Ranma/Inuyasha, Hikaru no Go/Death Note, ..

Some even topped themselves.




.
If Kyoukai no Rinne doesn't become a decent seller I'll be surprised, that's Rumiko's better series since before Inuyasha, yes, Inuyasha was way out of her style.

About Hikaru no Go and Death Note, the common point it's Obata's artwork, so I don't think it really counts. It's better to say Death Note and Bakuman, which shows just too well how great is the work of Ohba and Obata. And I didn't like DN that much, honest.

I also agree on the Bleach cover. Should have been.... lieutenants at the least. Booh
 

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
4,011
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bakuman's cover is simply awesome!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top