Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriyama wanted to end Dragonball with the Frieza arc.

Naruto doesn't seem stretched out to me. A few arcs lasted a little longer then I would have liked, but I feel that way about most tournament manga.
I'm glad they made him keep going. The Cell saga was fucking badass. We could've went without Buu though. And I fucking hate Goten. Most pointless character ever!
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm glad they made him keep going. The Cell saga was fucking badass. We could've went without Buu though. And I fucking hate Goten. Most pointless character ever!
Funny, I think Cell sucks except for the whole "son surpassing the father" storyline Toriyama tried to run with. Buu though he let go and had fun, doing what he should have been all along but forgot about. (even if it kept DB going longer than he wanted)

Naruto we agree is almost over aside from one or two more arcs. (unless Toriyama returns to it with a seinen later, akin to "Kinnikuman Nisei", "Taiyo no Makibaou", "Ninku 2" etc.) And...the To-Love cover is fun, but Bleach...yeah, blech.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Naruto we agree is almost over aside from one or two more arcs. (unless Toriyama returns to it with a seinen later, akin to "Kinnikuman Nisei", "Taiyo no Makibaou", "Ninku 2" etc.) And...the To-Love cover is fun, but Bleach...yeah, blech.

Do you mean Kishimoto?
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Funny, I think Cell sucks except for the whole "son surpassing the father" storyline Toriyama tried to run with. Buu though he let go and had fun, doing what he should have been all along but forgot about. (even if it kept DB going longer than he wanted)

Naruto we agree is almost over aside from one or two more arcs. (unless Toriyama returns to it with a seinen later, akin to "Kinnikuman Nisei", "Taiyo no Makibaou", "Ninku 2" etc.) And...the To-Love cover is fun, but Bleach...yeah, blech.
The Android saga was pretty convoluted, but it definitely was way more plot heavy than the Frieza saga. cell was just a cool villain IMO. Buu sucked. A fat man with a dildo on his head...
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Do you mean Kishimoto?
Yeah, was tired when I posted that.

SexyRandal: Cell was boring. The androids got a bit of development but it was basically a means to bring back an enemy Goku destroyed way back (but not quite if he's able to create another one) and Cell was just too arrogant. Buu was Toriyama going back to doing what he loved: weird comedic action with a lot of fun stuff.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the Buu saga a lot more than the Cell saga, even though it was stretching the manga. Buu's design just looks cool to me, Cell's does too (except for the final form, which looks like some pale guy wearing a costume). This might just be me, but the Buu saga had more twists than any other saga in DBZ. Namek is seriously one of the most boring places in any manga.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i kinda liked the buu saga. which as someone who generally disliked dragon ball for the duration really says something.

still can't get over how awesome that cover/announcement is for kochikame
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah I enjoyed the Buu saga for some reason. Thought Buu was by far the most entertaining out of DBZ's bigger villains.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Everything went downhill after the Freeza saga imo, but yes, the Buu/Kid Buu saga was WAY more amusing then the Future Trunks/Androids/Cell shit, I could've lived without that.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well I won't judge which db saga was the best but the fight between goku and majin vegeta was for me a fight I liked a lot
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well I won't judge which db saga was the best but the fight between goku and majin vegeta was for me a fight I liked a lot
The first Goku vs Vegeta fight was great as well... :p So many twists and turns.

Too bad they didn't do that more often ;)
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hey guys, I just got jump and for those of you interested, the mangaka for Neuro seems like he'll be making a comeback in S.Q soon. There was just an ad of S.Q and a picture of Neuro was there. A big picture I might add.

I honestly didn't think he would be making another manga already!
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yare yare, that was rather quick. Mind posting the pic?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hey guys, I just got jump and for those of you interested, the mangaka for Neuro seems like he'll be making a comeback in S.Q soon. There was just an ad of S.Q and a picture of Neuro was there. A big picture I might add.

I honestly didn't think he would be making another manga already!
I think you must be talking about a one shot he was going to release; unless I have lived on mars for a while ;)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

You're from outer space? :oh

Yes, please post the picture of possible, Magicoreo. I'd really love to see it.
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think you must be talking about a one shot he was going to release; unless I have lived on mars for a while ;)
Oh, is that it?
Sorry, I can't read Japanese. But, I'm looking forward to reading that oneshot, even if I didn't finish his first series.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority in that I loved the Android/Cell saga but absolutely hated the Buu saga and everything in it. XDDD

Nice to know Neuro's mangaka will be coming up with something new. [noparse]:D[/noparse]
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yes, please post the picture of possible, Magicoreo. I'd really love to see it.



Tried my best with camera, since my little brother got a virus on the computer with scanner, I didn't bother using it. Besides, it's not even installed due to system restore.
Augh, I don't know if you can see it or not, I had to take it by camera since my little brother got the computer with the scanner infect by a virus yesterday.
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Erase the first one, it's showing and is a bit too big. But wow, he takes up half of the spread, I wonder if it's something big.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top