Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is that the order for the English WSJ?

EDIT: I meant on the English WSJ website.

Just so you know, it's not the actual TOC (ranking) that's going to be in the 2009-28, but in the order that was in 2009-27's "on next issue preview" list.
Oh, so you mean this "next issue" ranking is the one that appears in the last pages of the 2009-27's WSJ?
I did not know that, sorry if I made a mess here, haha

About the site, i read the first chapter of Medaka Box at the online manga section. It's really great =D


See ya
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

For one, Toriko isn't even listed... So that TOC isn't right, it would seem. Unless it's absent, which wasn't mentioned. And Jaguar is above Gintama.
Anyone know where the Japanese site is...

Yeah, that it's a preview from before might be right. Only thing is that doesn't say anything like the entire rank.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Gah... Finally...
Finished uploading the DVDISO for Jaguar's liveaction film...

Right here:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1376387&postcount=2

I'm sorry for having to chop it up into such small pieces, but after failing multiple times with 500mb pieces, I just sort of snapped... = ="

Anyway, feel free to post the links elsewhere... I'm just glad that it's out of the way.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I just hope other people don't start confusing that list for the actual ToC that gets printed in Weekly Jump. Jaguar not being last should send off some flags instantly.
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Anyone know where the Japanese site is...
You can either just go straight to http://www.shonenjump.com/j/index.html or use the 日本語サイト link that's on the top right corner of the main banner (it's a bit hard to see). There's not much of a difference though. (you probably found it by now)

Btw, there's also this flash thing that talks about What is Weekly Shonen Jump? (link under the preview covers of this week's shonen jump or next week's preview). It includes a small article on "The secret to popularity: Listen to the readers!"

I find that a bit ironic since I've seen some complaints about Jump not doing that. :sweat
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh, that's the new page! It really surprised me when I was browing some links on Viz's site and led me to that page yesterday (under Shonen Jump, of all things! They still have their website, too, though it seems the new WSJ website has a link to it as well). Really surprising. Site looks very nice, too. Are those downloadable previews of Akaboshi and Medaka Box I saw?

And the English is good, too!
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I just hope other people don't start confusing that list for the actual ToC that gets printed in Weekly Jump. Jaguar not being last should send off some flags instantly.
Well, the current issue one is the actual ToC, just not the next issue one. :p
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh, that's the new page! It really surprised me when I was browing some links on Viz's site and led me to that page yesterday (under Shonen Jump, of all things! They still have their website, too, though it seems the new WSJ website has a link to it as well). Really surprising. Site looks very nice, too. Are those downloadable previews of Akaboshi and Medaka Box I saw?

And the English is good, too!
Not just previews. The whole first chapters of Akaboshi and Medaka already translated. The downside is that you have to download their mangabrowser before.
There also is a Drangonball chapter up and a shadow that looks like One Piece might follow!? Doesn't really matter as long as it's only the first chapters I guess.
Overall it looks better than the old one imo and the TOC has the potential to save time for some people around here depending on when they update the site for future issues.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

More from Ko-neta...

415 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/06/02(火) 02:28:23 ID:RuJ51PuBO
補完
21はC&増&クライマックス&後日談なんで、まぁ恐らく。
ES21 will have CP+ Extra Pages + Climax + Epilogue/Story Afterward.

He used the phrase "so perhaps" in the end... hinting that while he's not sure either, it could be that ES 21 is ending in 2009-29...
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

More from Ko-neta...



ES21 will have CP+ Extra Pages + Climax + Epilogue/Story Afterward.

He used the phrase "so perhaps" in the end... hinting that while he's not sure either, it could be that ES 21 is ending in 2009-29...
I don't read ES, but....isn't that sort of quick? O_o Well...I guess it must be ending season for the shounen mags.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, that means ending in two chapters (one in #28 and one in #29)... They already said it's going to be the "last play for Team Japan" in 331, so I guess it's possible for them to wrap it up, especially when they're getting extra pages in #29 (though, how many pages exactly remains to be seen).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, that means ending in two chapters (one in #28 and one in #29)... They already said it's going to be the "last play for Team Japan" in 331, so I guess it's possible for them to wrap it up, especially when they're getting extra pages in #29 (though, how many pages exactly remains to be seen).
Oh...oh! I thought 29 was the NEXT issue. Makes sense then. Jump sure is changing around though, with Neuro gone and now ES 21 too. I wonder if any other established series will be packing up their things before the year is over?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't read ES, but....isn't that sort of quick? O_o Well...I guess it must be ending season for the shounen mags.
ES21 should have ended last fall. It's been stretched beyond belief, the World Tournament added nothing to the story. I mean, a second single elimination Football tournament? Inagaki could have thought up something a little more novel.

What I want to know now is when the next set of new series debut. It's only been a month since Medaka debuted. I guess by issue 31 and 32 it will have been about two months anyway.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What I want to know now is when the next set of new series debut. It's only been a month since Medaka debuted. I guess by issue 31 and 32 it will have been about two months anyway.
I think right after the series of one shots:

so around issue #32-33 - iirc then it'll also be around those issues medaka and akaboshi will get their first rating
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What I want to know now is when the next set of new series debut. It's only been a month since Medaka debuted. I guess by issue 31 and 32 it will have been about two months anyway.
It could follow the 2007 schedule and have new series as early as 32 or 33
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think right after the series of one shots:

so around issue #32-33 - iirc then it'll also be around those issues medaka and akaboshi will get their first rating
Sounds about right. That would probably mean that Hoop is canceled in issue 29 or 30.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It doesn't even have to cancel Hoop to make room for two... since, remember, the string of one-shots are already filling in for D.Gray now. With that AND ES21 gone, that's two free spots already.

Unless, of course, D.Gray or Hunter is coming back for a round... :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It doesn't even have to cancel Hoop to make room for two... since, remember, the string of one-shots are already filling in for D.Gray now. With that AND ES21 gone, that's two free spots already.

Unless, of course, D.Gray or Hunter is coming back for a round... :p
What's the deal with DGM anyway? Some say Hoshino's on sick leave again, and some are saying that DGM's under fire for plagarism. I'd like to see more of the series either way (or HXH for that matter.) But I'm just confused on the details. I read the last raw out, and rather than saying 'On Hiatus' at the end of chapter, it said 'under review'.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

There's never been an official announcement about DGM, leading me to believe it's Hoshino's health again. Had it been a plagiarism suit there would have been more information then just fan speculation at MH. Once the court papers were filed ANN and pretty much every blog out there would have articles about it. I forget the name of the series, but when a shojo mangaka was accused of plagiarism there were translated news articles posted.

Finestela said:
It doesn't even have to cancel Hoop to make room for two... since, remember, the string of one-shots are already filling in for D.Gray now. With that AND ES21 gone, that's two free spots already.
DGM was not replaced last winter despite a three month hiatus. There was also a run of one shots, but no new series. Both hiatus came right as new series were added (November and April), had there been plans to replace it, I suspect they would have done so at the time. The editors probably don't know exactly when DGM will come back and don't want to have to cancel an extra series when it does.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

O_o" I'm not sure what you mean, Bomber.. The phrases they used for DGM is almost identical to the ones they use for Hunter's last chapter...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top