Cleaning how to get the grays like this

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All the cool kids seem to be using Topaz Denoise 2.2 nowadays.
 

Insomniatic_Critic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
It's not Topaz. I am familiar with Topaz and there's no way in hell you can get that result from this raw:

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34961651.jpg

@hatsuharupeace: I had someone from Binktopia clean the page for me about a month ago. I wanted something to look at while I tried to clean the page. Kind of like motivation. I'm sure you know him. :p
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You could, maybe. I'll have a try with that RAW page, think you can send me the image file?

I probably do... =3
 

Insomniatic_Critic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
It's not Topaz or Neat Image. Trust me. I'm determined to figure it out though. Maybe it's another application. I'm downloading everything i can find. Still haven't tried Noise Ninja, I hear that's a decent one. If I can get to 75% quality of that page, I can die a happy man. :tem
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I still say the best cleaning is the stylize defuse and just set to multi and turn down the opacity. Or just leveling it and than just cleaning it with the burn tool which brings out the best greys but takes a little while to do.

Also there is a possibility that the reborn clean up there could be the topaz denoise filter. Its all about finding the right settings, though I still wouldn't use it since the art looks ruined kinda with that filter.
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ahhh, I see. I know the technique, but I don't know how to use it exactly. And it's Topaz, trust me. ^^
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I still say the best cleaning is the stylize defuse and just set to multi and turn down the opacity. Or just leveling it and than just cleaning it with the burn tool which brings out the best greys but takes a little while to do.

yeah i use that sometimes aswell but because setting it to multi i put in a little glasur blur in and then do multi then lower the opacity, makes it easier to burn on low quality raws. and at the end just sharpen it then fade sharpen.
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
yeah i use that sometimes aswell but because setting it to multi i put in a little glasur blur in and then do multi then lower the opacity, makes it easier to burn on low quality raws. and at the end just sharpen it then fade sharpen.
Or just the defuse, since those extra filters will end up just ruining the art.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
wow that is better. if u figure it out please do tell me.
Try Neat and then Topaz 2.2. But don't tell anyone I told you, kids...
 

hash899

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Try Neat and then Topaz 2.2. But don't tell anyone I told you, kids...
but what settings though to get a good out come :darn
 

Kajii

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i figure out how make the gray like that .they use magnetic lasso tools add the gray patten..
 

Sarvorva

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
132
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
i figure out how make the gray like that .they use magnetic lasso tools add the gray patten..

I don't think it too simple like that...
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
i figure out how make the gray like that .they use magnetic lasso tools add the gray patten..
LMFAO no... Its the original greys but with a filter on it those greys were not repatterened.
 

BlazBlue

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You should really mess around with neatimage.
Sonezaki Shinjuu (Oneshot) was a result of a neatimage demo >_>. Forgot whether it needed neat image or not but I pretty much just fooled around with it for fun.
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
but what settings though to get a good out come :darn
With Topaz 2.2 it's just two sliders so it should be very easy even for the most dense of you. And with NI profiling a completely white part usually yields the best results, at least in my personal experience. The sliders part should be simple in this case as well.
 

sh1no

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
it's simple guys:amuse
just use line pattern to make the neatimage profile:tem
and then change the noise settings:darn "figure it out yourself:p"
if you find the best setting, the result will be look like this
but now i use this grey technic ;)
 
Last edited:

thefolenangel

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
1,523
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
nice new grey tehcnic, how do you make it :P
 

sh1no

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
that's secret:p
ask someone at ietmanga:tem
coz they use this technic last week on katekyo hitman reborn:darn
 
Top