Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Are we doing top 5s now?

One Piece
Toriko
Psyren
Sket
#5 is a toss up between Beelzebub/Reborn/Bakuman atm

Need to give Medaka some more time.

I haven't considered Naruto or Bleach for my Top 5 in years. >.>
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The only reason I have Bleach and Naruto so high, is because when I actually sat down and looked at it, I am only up to date on 9 series (Akaboshi, Bakuman, Beelze, Bleach, Hoop, Kuroko, Mago, Naruto, and One Piece in case you're wondering, though, you're probably not) and I only really like 7 of them. I've been meaning to catch up on Toriko, but I'm too lazy to try and figure out which chapter I ended at.
 

hills100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
120
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

so is naruto going to get CP+cover next issue like OP got in this issue?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

so is naruto going to get CP+cover next issue like OP got in this issue?
Yes, it will unless something changes. Which I doubt.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Just tell me what part of the story you were in Toriko and I'll tell you the chapter number. I know em all...
Because I translated basically all of em...

And everyone who hasn't read Toriko should.

I've already said everything else...
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The last chapter of Toriko I read was the the end of the fight with the wolf and the robo thing. I didn't stop reading intentionally, I just forgot about it, and before I knew it, It was like 20-30 chapters later.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko's a lot of fun. Catch back up. It still has that pre - Arlong Park OP feel, but has almost limitless potential within the tournament manga genre.
 

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
4,011
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

ohoh bakuman in top 3! that's really good! btw, my top five is:

One Piece
BakuMan
Naruto
Akaboshi
Bleach
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Early Magazines F.A.Q.

Who are the people who post spoilers at 2ch?

First of all they are japanese.
They live in Japan and most of them are normal people.
By normal, i mean Junior highschooler, university students, salary men etc

Are they Jump insiders?

No, would you do that if you were one? Risking to be fired for that? I guess no.
But, from time a time, some of them post "spoilers" concerning Toc's (Rankings, New Series ...) before anyone can get the jump.
But i still can't clearly define "ko-neta" (named like that by Finestela)
He provides information on sundays but he seems not to have the jump in his hands (i can prove it but it would too long), some hints can be found
Here

How come they can get the jump one week before the release date, for some of them?

They get their copy earlier than they should.
Most of the industries in japan work in "just-in-time distribution" which mean that they immediatly ship merchandises after they were produced, to not pay stock taxes.
So they ship the fixes fastly that's how bookstores etc get them on monday/tuesday etc ( i don't how they manage the priority between stores) and are supposed to sell them only the next monday.
But some of them don't respect that and sell them to people they trust.

See here how one of them had problems by doing so in this article (Japanese)

But How american/chinese (taiwanese) and citizens of others countries get them early too (on friday)?

Because magazines are sent to foreighn stores at the same time it's sent to japanese's but they have shipping delay.

Added to the first post.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow, this week's sorta refreshing to some point...I'm quite amazed by the no pants kids sticking together and keep on rocking the ToC.

Personal top 5:
One Piece
PTF! Jaguar
Toriko
Hoopmen
Bakuman/Gintama
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

My personal top 5:
One Piece
Bleach
Mago
Reborn
Naruto
A little generic, I know. I just have a particular liking to battle manga and fight scene. This week ToC make me glad and sad at the same time. Glad because Bakuman and Gintama rise but sad because of Mago dropping.Shibashi sensei really need to end the flashback quick and start the big arc.
 
Last edited:

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Couldn't resist >_<

Hunter X Hunter
One Piece
Gintama
Bakuman
Beelzebub
(bottom 3 VERY subject to change)

Now to attempt to try and stay on topic...I'm really looking forward to the next few issues for Medaka Box and Akaboshi's first rankings as well as the new influx of series that I'm assuming will be coming soon. Now if only HxH and D. Grey-man will be among them...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

my ideal top 5 would be:

- one piece
- psyren
- beelzebub
- mago
- toriko (close with bakuman: depends from chapt to chap with last one)
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

My personal top 5:
As long as D Gray Man is in the top 5, I wouldn't mind the others ranking.
 

Apollo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is this the TOC for akaboshi's 7th chapter or already the real ranking? I'm really interested in seeing it's and medaka's real rankings.

Oh my top 5 at the moment:
One Piece
Psyren
Bakuman
To Love-ru (yes, indeed)
Medaka Box
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

No, Akaboshi wasn't ranked yet
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Personally I really wish this was the beginning of the end for Bleach...but as of late, the fans want only the super-long, super-boring, super-annoying fights with fan-bait (Ichigo, Shrimpo, Kira, Hisagi, etc) I wish it would start collapsing but it's just a blip.

Interesting TOC but rather top-heavy considering stuff like Medaka & Akaboshi are preventing Psyren/Mago/Sket from moving higher.

As for my top five Jump currently (not counting ES21 since it's over):
-OP
-Gintama
-Um...I still read To-Love for the lulz and Bleach and Naruto are "so horrible it's hilarious".
-...and that's about it aside from the older series I've been TLing. (Wingman, Otokojuku)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

So, Beelzebub gets colour page in two issue in a row. I am happy about Beelzebub gets colour because it is one of my favorite series, but Jump should give colour page to other series like Psyren and Mago because Beelzebub already doing very well in the ranking, so I don't mind to get a colour page, but not two issue in the row.

In the quick question, is there also other series that had gotten colour page in two issue in the row, or is Beelzebub the first one?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bleach got two in a row during the Soul Society arc. Chapter 150 - 151, when Ichigo rescues Rukia. Can't think of any others personally.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm glad to see someone understanding the true value of TLR...
You read it for the lulz! :D:D:D

Two more weeks and Akaboshi and Medaka would be moving with everyone else. I really do wish that everything would just sort of yo-yo from weeks to weeks, and nothing would get cut.

As for Hoop, I do wish that the editors are indeed giving it another 9~10 weeks for Vol. 03. Ending it next week would just... be really wierd in terms of current story. I just don't see the story giving any indication to end right now. >_<"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top