Lucci Vs Magellan

So who will win?

  • Lucchi

    Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Magellan

    Votes: 95 86.4%
  • It's a tie

    Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Don't know

    Votes: 3 2.7%

  • Total voters
    110

d3death

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
248
Reaction score
1,290
Gender
Male
Country
Afghanistan
Who will win?

Lets see Magellan was facing Lucchi at EL.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Lucchi Vs Magellan

I give it to magellan. Lucci is strong but his best attacks are close ranged, and I doubt he could win on rankyaku alone. Lucci could deal more deadly hits that luffy though, but I still think the end result would be the same.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: Lucchi Vs Magellan

Well, Lucci's strongest Rankyaku was able to cut through steel. I don't think Magellan would stand much of a chance if Lucci decides not to come close.
Plus there's that nasty speed of his.

I bet Magellan isn't really used to long battles. It's the nature of his fruit. If he has one successful attack, the fight is probably over in most cases. I can't see him holding out long enough in a battle against someone who can attack from a distance so destructively.
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: Lucchi Vs Magellan

I went with Magellan but it could be a tie, depending on how many hits Magellan can take. Since, as kkck said Lucci's attacks are close-range melee attacks, every time he hits Magellan he would be hurt by the poison. However, Magellan's attacks seem powerful but slow compared to Lucci. If Lucci can land one big hit with his "Rankyaku" he could take down Magellan, but it works both ways. If Magellan manages to get a big attack (e.g. Hydra) and hit Lucci he would win.
 

toxun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
290
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Lucchi Vs Magellan

Could Rankyaku throw back the poison that come? if can so Lucci will win because Magellan didn't as fast as him.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
As we have said, Magellan is able to suffer the gear 2 without falling : a jet pistol, a double jet pistol etc ... He seems to be able to see the attack too as he turned his head to see where the punch/kick of Luffy were going (when Luffy was not able to control his body). For example, his behavior in front of the Gear 2 has nothing to do with Blueno's : he understood what was happening.
So, I think he is able to fight against gear 2 and this has nothing to do with his DF.

I think the rankyaku strategy would not match with Magellan as he is able to fight against a " gear 2 " speed. Moreover, Magellan is able to do distant attacks, so it would not be a solution. He can put gaz in the air and it really affects the fighter.

And we all know that if it not a quick fight, Lucci will have no chance to win.
And do you think Magellan would be beaten quickly ? I don't think so. So, I am supporting Magellan here.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think people are forgetting Magellan's Poison Cloud which would screw Lucci up big time, speed or no speed. Besides Magellan was able to react with a Hydra against a close range Jet Pistol so he should be able to keep up with Lucci at least at defending himself with Hydras against Rankyaku(as seen when Luffy's Jet Pistol did almost nothing to a hydra).

Magellan isn't as slow as people think, he was certainly reacting to Jet Pistols. Which puts him at the ability where reacting to Lucci's attacks shouldn't be a big problem, especially if they're long range and have to travel to Magellan.

Also does Lucci even know about Magellan's fruit? Because otherwise he'll go straight for melee and get owned while he's at it.

I doubt Lucci can win this though he's defintely got a better shot then Luffy. I'm curious what would happen if he fired off a Gaicho at the very very beginning of the battle, would Magellan's poison Hydra's be able to counter it like Luffy's Jet Pistol? Lucci has to shorten this battle as much as possible or Magellan will get annoyed by his speed and just poison gas him to the face.

The only problem is that Lucci actually enjoys playing with his opponents...
 
Last edited:

Rotten The Wizard

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
1,662
Reaction score
551
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I give this to Lucci. He's an elite assasin. I doubt he doesnt know how to fight long range.

Rankyaku would work cause Magellen doesnt have the ability to dodge such attacks. an taking into consideration Lucci's speed Magellan doesnt really stand a chance.
Remember Lucci was the closest ever to Killing Luffy
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
I give this to Lucci. He's an elite assasin. I doubt he doesnt know how to fight long range.

Rankyaku would work cause Magellen doesnt have the ability to dodge such attacks. an taking into consideration Lucci's speed Magellan doesnt really stand a chance.
Remember Lucci was the closest ever to Killing Luffy
Off topic: I thought Crocodile was the closest to killing Luffy. That time he left him for dead in the desert. If it wasn't for Robin...

I do not think Rankyaku could defeat Magellan in one hit since we have seen he has quite a bit of endurance (taking Luffy's hits). If Lucci can't defeat Magellan quickly he will die due to poisoning as most of his moves require him to physically touch Magellan.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
At this point, I only see certain logia winning against Magellan. Seriously a untouchable para typ, Oda surprised me well again.

Anyway, Magellan should be able to follow Lucci's speed. Since he was able to follow Luffy (who is faster than as he was fighting on EL). And I can't see Lucci handling a few touches with the poison and neither can I see Magellan falling down after a few hits by Lucci. So I have to vote for Magella.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I just can't see lucci winning this. Lucci was about as fast and strong as luffy, so it is safe to assume magellan can catch up with him. Lucci has rankyaku but I severely doubt it will be enough to defeat magellan, magellan is quite sturdy himself. Not to mention using rankyaku won't put lucci outside magellans reach; magellans poison has great range and covers a more than significant radious around him. Truth is, the countdown for robs death starts the moment he lands a punch on magellan or magellan releases large amounts of poison gas.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly I'd think that Luffy is quite a bit faster then EL so I definitely think that Lucci will be in Magellan's speed level.
 

GeckoMoria

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
137
Reaction score
15
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
gotta give it to Magellan posion bomb, poison cloud, and hydra = pwned lucci ryankaku can't save him from all that. If Magellan puts a poison cloud on himself then lucci can't even see, let alone get close to, what he is fighting.
 

braindamage351

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
92
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lmao, Magellan could solo the entire CP9.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
lmao, Magellan could solo the entire CP9.
I second that. Kalifa's ability might be an issue but other than that, magellan would own them all in a few minutes.
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,655
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
wtf why the luccihype all the way he would seriously not have a chance against magellan
 

Benjamin Kaito

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Magellan for sure. And now that we saw his ultimate attack i have no doubts, unless Lucci got really lucky.
 

DSJump

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
3
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Magellan for 3 reasons:
1. If Lucci hits him, he'll get dameged.
2. Magellan has NOT been beaten by anyone that we've seen to this point in the manga.
3. He's both cooler and funnier then Lucci.
 

BlindMunkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
194
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the point he keeps ID in check is given enuff of a fact that he would pwn lucci etc.
 
Top