- Joined
- May 17, 2009
- Messages
- 167
- Reaction score
- 13
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
Going back to the personal poll thing... no love for Kuroko? Anyway, here's mine:
Akaboshi
Medaka Box
Hoop Men
Kuroko no Basket
Psyren
Psyren was first until not long ago, but the last few chapters have seriously annoyed me. So far it has been generic but so nicely done I didn't even mind its generic-ness... but now the execution is going down the drain.
Medaka and Akaboshi have caused such a good first impression on me I just can't help but give them the first two spots in my current top five. Hoop Men is great for slice of life manga fans (now if the actual basketball parts weren't so weak...); Kuroko is the exact opposite, which isn't a bad thing per se, and the great art and concept make up for the lack of any characterization whatsoever (just don't ask me until when I'll be able to stand it).
Bakuman, One Piece, D.Gray-Man, Gintama and Sket are all "very good" in my book, but not good enough I consider myself a "fan" of them. Beelzebub and Toriko are tolerable. Naruto, Bleach, Mago, Inumaru and Reborn are garbage.
(It's worth mentioning that Bleach, at one point, was my favorite Jump series. Now I can barely stand to read the current chapters. "The Heart" almost made me kill myself.)
Going back to the personal poll thing... no love for Kuroko? Anyway, here's mine:
Akaboshi
Medaka Box
Hoop Men
Kuroko no Basket
Psyren
Psyren was first until not long ago, but the last few chapters have seriously annoyed me. So far it has been generic but so nicely done I didn't even mind its generic-ness... but now the execution is going down the drain.
Medaka and Akaboshi have caused such a good first impression on me I just can't help but give them the first two spots in my current top five. Hoop Men is great for slice of life manga fans (now if the actual basketball parts weren't so weak...); Kuroko is the exact opposite, which isn't a bad thing per se, and the great art and concept make up for the lack of any characterization whatsoever (just don't ask me until when I'll be able to stand it).
Bakuman, One Piece, D.Gray-Man, Gintama and Sket are all "very good" in my book, but not good enough I consider myself a "fan" of them. Beelzebub and Toriko are tolerable. Naruto, Bleach, Mago, Inumaru and Reborn are garbage.
(It's worth mentioning that Bleach, at one point, was my favorite Jump series. Now I can barely stand to read the current chapters. "The Heart" almost made me kill myself.)





