Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Annnddd I'm done. I've had enough Trinity debates on a certain other ninja forum to last me a lifetime. Plus, that isn't this thread's main topic. >.>
Thank you.

Fun as it may be to debate the big three, let's please stay on topic ~~
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ko-neta is here!

687 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/06/22(月) 01:52:41 ID:cmqerwy+0
小ネタ
・31 フープout 
 その上4つ とら、バクマン、黒子、PSY
 休虜

in
32~ 河下  あねどきっ
33~ 田中靖規
34~ わじまさとし

・32 C鰤、べるぜ

2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Toriko on break

New Series:
2009-32: Kawashita Mizuki "Ane Doki"
2009-33: Tanaka Yasuki (Hitomi's author)
2009-34: Wachima Satoshi (Author who did the 1-shot in 2008-51 issue)

2009-32
Lead CP: Ane Doki
CP: Bleach, Beelze




That was fast... Kawashita getting another series!?
What about Kanou :scry :scry
I'm still rather sad about Hoop... :scry
And Tanaka... sigh... Another generic adventure manga? :(
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wah, Hoop Men is out and there are three new series taking it's place, damn, what a packed week.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ko-neta is here!



2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Toriko on break

New Series:
2009-32: Kawashita Mizuki "Ane Doki"
2009-33: Tanaka Yasuki (Hitomi's author)
2009-34: Wachima Satoshi (Author who did the 1-shot in 2008-51 issue)

2009-32
Lead CP: Ane Doki
CP: Bleach, Beelze
funny how bakuman always changes the position so extreme:amuse

and why the hell do bleach and beelze get color pages again???
that's not fair:notrust
bakuman should get one again or other series who need it or deserve it,too!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

sket, psyren, mago and bakuman like to jojo in and out of the bottom 5. Good hoop men ends, it got what it deserves

sad kano or naoshi doesn't get a new chance in jump... But I do look forward to see if Tanaka Yusuki can do better now than his previous generic hitomi...
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Farewell Hoop...we both knew this day would come~ :hug
Though I'm a bit sad nonetheless...

Bakuman is the yoyo of extremeness, now that's for sure. And Kuroko is yet again in the basement...I'm slightly pleased by that. *cough*
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bakuman was only high last time because that was the ranking for the cover/colour of that week. It seems that now it is down to normal maybe, though it does show how superficial the audience is since it seems to have received a high spot because of the cover. Kuroko is down again, and the trend is proving truer than ever, I daresay that a fairwell may not be too far off.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

sket, psyren, mago and bakuman like to jojo in and out of the bottom 5. Good hoop men ends, it got what it deserves

sad kano or naoshi doesn't get a new chance in jump... But I do look forward to see if Tanaka Yusuki can do better now than his previous generic hitomi...
Awww... come on... Hoop just had bad luck with a bad start :scry

As for Tanaka, I hope he tries something different. I mean I don't think WSJ needs another generic battle series if you ask me... = ="
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Awww... come on... Hoop just had bad luck with a bad start :scry

As for Tanaka, I hope he tries something different. I mean I don't think WSJ needs another generic battle series if you ask me... = ="
Yes it does but it's time for those überlong generic ones (*cough* naruto *cough and *cough* bleach *cough*) to end. Well do not forget but HxH and D.g-m are still absent so it's rather normal they are constantly trying (first bokke and now akaboshi and prolly tanaka)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

That first one, Kawashita Mizuki did Ichigo 100%.
Tanaka Yasuki did a bunch of one shots in various magazines.
That last one is a pen name as it's all in hiragana.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, this just... sucks. Hoop ending was to be expected, but that's another weird Bottom 5. And three new series? As much as I like Kawashita, that's... well, how is DGM going to get back in?! Oh, and Bleach and Beelze getting colour pages is just like the predictable cherry on top.

Interesting how that previous fake spoiler predicted Hoop would end in this issue! (They got the new series entry dates wrong, though, so I think we can say that's the fake part. Besides, Jump would never add two new series in a single issue, would they?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I thought that was a different issue, wasn't it the previous one?
I'll go find it...

This just in from the land of fabrication, 2ch. The Uchikiri Survival Thread.

関係者に聞いた話ね
This is something I heard from an authorized person.

昨日連載会議あったんだけど、その1ヶ月前くらいにもう1回会議あったみたい
There was a serialization conference yesterday, though there seems there was one about a month ago.
29号アイシールドout(これはもっと前に決まってた)
Issue 28 Eyeshield out (This was decided earlier)
31号でフープメンout
Issue 31 Hoopmen out
32号から2つin
Issue 32, two others in.
35号と36・37合併号で読み切りある(金未来ではない)
In issues 35 and double issue 36-37 there will be one-shots (not the golden future cup)
36・37号でぬらりひょんout
Issue 36-37 Nurarihyon out.
38号からまた2つin
Issue 38 another two in.
多分45号あたりでハンターハンターが復活するって(まだ確定ではない)
Probably around issue 45 Hunter X Hunter will come back (it's not decided)
Hm, you're right. I thought last week was issue 31...
Actually it says "from 32 (and 38) two others in". But there are three. It IS pretty close though. Maybe just a coincidence, or a half truth.
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wtf? Bakuman was in the top 3 last week and plummeted all the way down to the bottom 5. It won't get canceled but its ToC ranking fluctuates more than Ichigo's power level in Bleach. XDDD

Psyren needs to get out of the basement please. Nice to see Sket and Mago out of it though.

3 new series? This is going to make ToC speculation even more interesting. Although I guess this means no return for HxH or DGM.

Yay, nice to see Kawashita return. I really liked Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited so hopefully this one can deliver too. Just be better than Lilim Kiss please. >.>

And there goes Hoop. We all knew it was coming. I call Kuroko as the new cushion. This is the 2nd week in the bottom 5 and unless it picks up with this new Generation of Miracles Opponent I don't see it lasting.

Already said it before but more color for series that do not need color. ¬_¬
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh come on... Lilim Kiss is much more fun to read than Ichigo! (well, in my opinion at least :p)

I guess it has something to do with me enjoying romance comedy with a bit of mystic/sci-fi as oppose the regular stuff... (I did like DNA2 better than I''s... Hell, I liked Shadow Lady better than I''s... XD)
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I call Kuroko as the new cushion. This is the 2nd week in the bottom 5 and unless it picks up with this new Generation of Miracles Opponent I don't see it lasting.
Leaving the personal opinions on Kuroko aside, you're forgetting that it's the last remaining sports series in Jump and none of the newcomers seems to be sports-based (though Tanaka's could be a sports series instead of another action one... no one expected Yoichi Amano to shift from baseball to chinese epic either :P ). Worst case scenario, if Kuroko drops below To-Love this will still give it at least ten more weeks to try and recover until a replacement for it is found.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't know if you guys notice this... but it means that both Bleach and Beelze are getting double issue CP's = =" (As oppose to just Beelze we heard last week).
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

29号アイシールドout(これはもっと前に決まってた)
Issue 28 Eyeshield out (This was decided earlier)
31号でフープメンout
Issue 31 Hoopmen out
32号から2つin
Issue 32, two others in.
35号と36・37合併号で読み切りある(金未来ではない)
In issues 35 and double issue 36-37 there will be one-shots (not the golden future cup)
36・37号でぬらりひょんout
Issue 36-37 Nurarihyon out.
38号からまた2つin
Issue 38 another two in.
So actually Hoopmen finished in issue 31, like a rumor, is that means there are slight possibilities that Mago might get cancelled?

Also, I'm happy to see that Medaka is not in bottom 5, which Medaka's first actual ranking. But, sad to see Kurko is low. I think the ranking chapter is where Seirin against Seihou. Is that means people don't like Seirin against Seihou and is Jump decide that Kuroko can't be a replacement for Eyeshield, so one of three new series possibly be new sport series?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm also happy to see Medaka's not in the bottom 5. I'm curious if it will be smack dab in the middle or higher.

Oh come on... Lilim Kiss is much more fun to read than Ichigo! (well, in my opinion at least :p)

I guess it has something to do with me enjoying romance comedy with a bit of mystic/sci-fi as oppose the regular stuff... (I did like DNA2 better than I''s... Hell, I liked Shadow Lady better than I''s... XD)
Lilim Kiss just felt like it was lacking something big to me. I don't know if I want to say that thing was "depth" or something else though.

Hmm well I actually enjoyed DNA2 and I''s equally when I think about it. XD

But differences in taste is fine and all. Makes the world interesting. :tem

Leaving the personal opinions on Kuroko aside, you're forgetting that it's the last remaining sports series in Jump and none of the newcomers seems to be sports-based (though Tanaka's could be a sports series instead of another action one... no one expected Yoichi Amano to shift from baseball to chinese epic either :P ). Worst case scenario, if Kuroko drops below To-Love this will still give it at least ten more weeks to try and recover until a replacement for it is found.
Oh, I haven't discounted that. If it remains a bottom dweller the fact it is the only series that is still sports will be the one thing that buys it any time.

I think the big thing to look for though is if when 10 weeks comes around another sports series is already waiting in the wings for Jump to serialize. If that is the case and Kuroko is sitting next to To-Love-Ru that will be its end.

I don't know if you guys notice this... but it means that both Bleach and Beelze are getting double issue CP's = =" (As oppose to just Beelze we heard last week).
I actually didn't notice this until you mentioned it. Heaven forbid 10 weeks go by in 2009 and Bleach doesn't get a color for one of them.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Interesting how that previous fake spoiler predicted Hoop would end in this issue! (They got the new series entry dates wrong, though, so I think we can say that's the fake part. Besides, Jump would never add two new series in a single issue, would they?
Well, the spoiler (which referred the info came from an insider) didn't really say both series would come in in a single issue, but rahter "two series coming in starting with 2008-32", and "two more starting with 2008-38"
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Since Double Arts and Hatsukoi Limited was axed (not sure on HL), I haven't seen a really good news in theses TOC's until yesterday.

But today is a good day.
Welcome back, Kawashita.
Now, I'm waiting for Kano and Naoshi.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top