Shounen Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome to the Cross GameInfo and Index Thread!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cross Game SHORT-INFO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Title: Cross Game
Authored by Mitsuru Adachi
Serialized in Weekly Shōnen Sunday (since Jan 2005)
Genre: Romantic comedy, Sports (baseball)
Volumes: 14 Volumes (140 chapter so far)
Age Ranking: Teenagers

Manga Editors: regular/active:: Mangadownloads
irregular/inactive: Null

Summary (taken from mangaupdates):Kitamura Koh has known the Tsukishima family for years. One of the Tsukishima daughters was even born on the exact same date as Koh! What will become of Koh when his best friend is no longer around?

Part 1 Volume 1 (Complete)
Part 2 Volumes 2-14 (Complete)
Part 3 Volumes 15+ (Ongoing)

Resources: Cross Game@wikipedia, CG@mangaupdates, CG@ann

Stickied for June 09 ~Mm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I love this manga. I got into it a little while back, and while I'm not completely up to date on it yet, it's definitely taken a special place in my heart. The characters are all really intriguing and I find the writing to be very good. Adachi is quite talented at mixing up the melodramatic moments and the comedic moments well, without either one dominating the series too much.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I recently got into this series and i instantly fell in love, the characters are heartfelt and its an amazing story from the get go. It is one of the few manga series I look forward to reading week after week.

With that said i didn't really enjoy the ending of the first volume when
Waka died, I was just shouting at Adachi 'WHYYYYY WHY????? Don't you have a heart??????????????????????????'

But as things moved on everything sortof made sense, i still could have lived without that plot twist, but thats okay.

Anyways I hope more people check this out, its an amazing series and i don't think you will be disappointed :)
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I recently got into this series and i instantly fell in love, the characters are heartfelt and its an amazing story from the get go. It is one of the few manga series I look forward to reading week after week.

With that said i didn't really enjoy the ending of the first volume when
Waka died, I was just shouting at Adachi 'WHYYYYY WHY????? Don't you have a heart??????????????????????????'

But as things moved on everything sortof made sense, i still could have lived without that plot twist, but thats okay.

Anyways I hope more people check this out, its an amazing series and i don't think you will be disappointed :)
You know what's worse? This hiatus of Adachi's couldn't have come at worse time. He wouldn't dare would he? No there's no possible way he would, is there? I mean he would totally be a heartless bastard if he were to:
have Akane die on us. Come on, I mean the surgery has to be a success. If she we're to die, he would've essentially killed off Waka twice, so she can't die :crying. The suspense is killing me :darn.
 

aprilapple

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I started this manga after a cliffhanger from the anime... now its a manga cliffhanger!!! darnit haha
I love how well the characters are fleshed out... It's a perfect balance between shounen sport and slice of life

You know what's worse? This hiatus of Adachi's couldn't have come at worse time. He wouldn't dare would he? No there's no possible way he would, is there? I mean he would totally be a heartless bastard if he were to:
have Akane die on us. Come on, I mean the surgery has to be a success. If she we're to die, he would've essentially killed off Waka twice, so she can't die :crying. The suspense is killing me :darn.
hiatus... really? shoot..

spoiler agreed D=< although I think it would be a little off tempo if that happened...
 

mig1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I think it would be messed up too if Adachi did that to
Akane.

However
I think that Ko should stay with Aoba this time around instead of Akane, I liked Wakaba and they may look/act alike but they aren't the same person and I believe that Ko and Aoba have more in common... that's just me though.


Speaking of the hiatus, when is he scheduled back? I read the Hiatus was only until July, so he should be back soon right?
 
Last edited:

aprilapple

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

However
I think that Ko should stay with Aoba this time around instead of Akane, I liked Wakaba and they may look/act alike but they aren't the same person and I believe that Ko and Aoba have more in common... that's just me though.
I'm pretty sure that's the general perspective about the coupling... It's been emphasized throughout the manga... even by Koh that Akane is not Wakaba. On the other hand... I think Akane is suited with what's his name.... the catcher guy who used to like Wakaba.... << (im not too good with names haha)

hmm... It doesn't look like Ko has any inclination to move on anytime soon. Which is good... because taking too big of a leap would turn this shounen too shoujo haha. The slice of life / sport balance is perfect at the moment =D

prediction: Ko and Aoba couple AFTER they complete Wakaba's dream....
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

Well, the hiatus really is at the worst possible of times >.< and no news on when the series will come back ;_;

Well, I'm sure I'd shed a few tears if she'd die... Somehow I can't believe he would do that... But his writing is just so great that I can't help but wonder if he'd pull it or not...
Neither Touch nor H2 had more than 1 death in the series, so
this might be another way for him to break from his older awesome high school baseball manga...

Somehow I'm torn between either, especially since the one it'd affect the most wouldn't be Ko, it'd be Akaishi.

And ever since Akane appeared I always assumed it'd end with Akane/Akaishi -- Ko and Aoba are an item to me since almost forever in the manga (aside from v1, of course).

As for when the Ko/Aoba couple will happen... I'm pretty sure it's gonna be before they complete Wakaba's dream. It's gonna be a situation where Ko emphasizes that Aoba's wish to be in Koshien is most of his driving factor. Like, Wakaba was the catalyst but Aoba is the reason or similar. Well, that's at least what I'd gather from Adachi's style. I hope he pulls an ending similar to H2 which is still the best ending of any manga I've read up till now.
 

teruteru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

The manga restarted in the Shounen Sunday that was released this week (Issue #35, released Wed, July 29). Does anyone know if the new chapter will be scanned and uploaded sometime soon? I'm dying to read it!!! >_<

言っているそばから・・・

Thank you, Hadora!! :)

The new chapter is fantastic!!! I can't believe Aoba actually asked Kou that question!! I just wish we knew what the answer was! Even, or maybe especially, if it was a lie. ;)
 
Last edited:

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

Aghh, damn you Adachi. I wait so long, and now I have to wait another week at least to figure out if Akane's going to be okay. Anyways, it's good to have Cross Game back, and the chapter was good. Next week, I hope we get the surgery results and the start of the game.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

Well, Aoba certainly surprised me asking Koh that question out of the blue. I wonder what it was he said after asking if he could lie...

With the surgery and the game starting, things are going to be really intense from here on forward.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

Phew, Surgery Success! Anyways, I guess the game starts next week. Can't really wait for it to start. It seems like it's been a long time since we've had an actual game. It'll be interesting to see how the best team is able to start off the game.
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

It's a shame a good series like this doesn't get the recognition other shounen do, oh well. It took me a damn long time to post in this forum, so I'm part of the problem right (c;

Anyway, a part of me wants Akane's surgery to fail, and a part of me doesn't. That part that wants to see it fail is the little devil in me that likes when characters in a shounen series die. The part of me that doesn't, is well... the normal part I guess.


Although if she were to die, the only person's play it would effect would probably be Akaishi, the catcher. But I seriously doubt that'll happen.

On the baseball side of things, the pitcher this time around isn't only a fastball pitcher, he has control over 5 pitches. I haven't read too many other Adachi series, but in H2 the main character really only used 2 pitches, fastball and change up. Yes, I know guys like Johann Santana are making millions with just those 2 pitches, but it makes for better baseball when there's something different than just a change in speeds coming at you.

Anyway, that's pretty long, so I'll stop now.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

I had to laugh at the end of the chapter.

I'm glad that we're about to see the game. It seems like things have been building up to this for quite some time, and I'll be looking forward to how it turns out. The tension is definitely going to be at the maximum level.

I enjoyed seeing all the various characters in the stands this chapter. It was a small thing, but it was nice to see.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, the series is finally back from it's hiatus, and things start off in an exciting way with
Azuma hitting a leadoff triple to start the 10th inning. I'm hoping that Akaishi will get to be the hero and drive him in. It would make sense with his character arc and everything.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dammit! The suspense is killing me. Who the hell is going to win this game :darn. Oh well, this is like the 3rd cliffhanger we've had with the same guy coming up to bat. The game has been good though, hopefully we'll get the winner soon.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, another exhilarating chapter. My heart was racing the whole time I was reading it. This game just keeps getting more and more intense. Hopefully Seishu will score in the top of the 11th.
 

magicbulletgirl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
171
Reaction score
107
Gender
Female
Country
United States
They have to!! (score that is - and Koh has to throw 160 \O/)
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I imagine that he won't actually throw 160 until they reach the Koushien itself. It wouldn't make sense to have him reach that mark too soon.
 

magicbulletgirl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
171
Reaction score
107
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So you think the next big number we'll see is 159 to draw out our anticipation? Ah master storytellers~~
 
Top