- Joined
- Jul 14, 2007
- Messages
- 67
- Reaction score
- 20
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
I dont see DA type of manga being popular on Shonen Jump these days. If the author plans on doing another series like DA it won't make last long. He'll need to do add more battles for Shonen Jump readers though that doesn't seem to be he's strong point. A series like DA could have been a better fit on Shonen Sunday, as the readers for that mag tend to prefer more for story oriented manga rather than battle type manga like in Jump.Have looked through Kagijin oneshot. Compared to the new cover it looks quite decent, yet in comparison with other mainsnstream battle genre - pretty bland.
Thanks.
Yes, I haven't forgotten about those two. I was just wondering if I got the number of newcomers right
Yeah, Komi Naoshi must have left a good impression, especially on the editorial department. Though, there weren't any oneshots from him lately.
Still, why can't we hope to see him appering soon enough?
If you are saying that story was executed poorly for a shounen, I could slightly agree. But saying it was poorly executed overall is a mistake. As an independent story Double Arts were quite fresh, consequent and well-developed story and character wise.


