Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well at least there's a chance of Murata returning. :/
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well at least there's a chance of Murata returning. :/
Murata will probably return, but it feels too soon. A lot of mangaka do take time between series, more or less a year or so between the end of one series and the start of the next.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well this is a double edged sword: Inumaru would make sense because the last new one is in its league (maison de penguin was cancelled when yusha came out, yusha had its end when Inumaru came out, etc). Akaboshi could be the new meister. Let's end this as fast as we can.
I'm not sure that's a fair comparison... Yuusha was a full series while Inumaru and Wajima are both half series. Saying that one replaced the other is a bit... :/
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison... Yuusha was a full series while Inumaru and Wajima are both half series. Saying that one replaced the other is a bit... :/
Yeah, but I think Jump don't need series Inumaru and Wajimania serialized in same time because Jump already have Jaguar. And I think they don't need more than two short page gag-series.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

To soon for new series. Usually it's eight to ten weeks between batches. I'll believe it when I see it. And if I do, I'll be shocked. Plus 2 established mangaka coming back at the same time? Considering how important new artists are to Jump, I find that very hard to believe.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

To soon for new series. Usually it's eight to ten weeks between batches. I'll believe it when I see it. And if I do, I'll be shocked. Plus 2 established mangaka coming back at the same time? Considering how important new artists are to Jump, I find that very hard to believe.
I agree that it's too soon, but Takei and Obata came back at the same time, so that would hardly be unprecedented.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Even if the thread is false, I thought Kuroko is even more danger than Inumaru. If the thread is true, that means Jump editors don't want to cancel their only one sport series.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I agree with others who say it is too soon. If this was coming after the 3 new series were already ranked I'd be a bit more inclined to believe it. But this would basically put 5 new series in the line-up at once which can't have a proper ranking yet.

I don't think that is a common occurrence at all so I'll call BS until it actually happens.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I also agree with others, but still it is true that at least two or three series have to go for order to start another new series line-up. It looks like Akaboshi and Kuroko are most in danger.

So, I want to know others opinions about which series has to cancel or finish for more space for another new series. I can say that Ane-Doki, Kagijin, and Wajimania are safe, unless they are not going to happen like Chagecha and Meister.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Seeing as how Inumaru's been in 5th place or so ever issue for like 30 in a row I don't think it's gonna get cancelled unless whoever said it was right that it was a plant, despite how that makes no sense.

Or else the author actually planned it to last this long and 50 chapters is a "natural end"... But seeing as it's a gag manga, I doubt it. It didn't get HORRIBLE tankoubon sales, but it's not like a big hit. I wouldn't see why it'd end, that's probably false. I mean Nurarihyon no Mago was supposed to end next week according to that rumor thing from a while back, and isn't. Plus, I doubt Jump's gonna end anything else soon as it just did so many.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Inumaru's sales is the worst of all Jump's title, volume 1 only sold 12,287 copies.
Also, the rumor said mago would end in issue 36, next week is issue 35, there's still two more weeks to find out.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Gag manga do not sell as much as other genres. I see no reason for it to end. Actually, I see no reason for anything to end or debut till September. Three series just started, nothing else is coming this month. Come on.

Mago is absolutely, positively, under no circumstances going to end in issue 36. That post was established as false a long time ago.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

If Inumaru continues to drop then it might get cancelled, but right now its just had one kinda bad week after a long string of really good weeks so I would say its fine for now.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

In change of subject, I think the series that began with one shot before actual serialization has more possibility to survive long than the series with completely new. How does other people think about it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

In change of subject, I think the series that began with one shot before actual serialization has more possibility to survive long. How does other people think?
I think it can help but doesn't necessarily do anything to prolong the length of the series.

Ex. Bleach - no one-shot. Very popular
Asklepios - (popular?) one-shot. Very unpopular

So it can go either way.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think it can help but doesn't necessarily do anything to prolong the length of the series.

Ex. Bleach - no one-shot. Very popular
Asklepios - (popular?) one-shot. Very unpopular

So it can go either way.
Actually, Kubo wrote an one shot in Akamaru on 2000 which is a prototype for Bleach. Also One Piece, Naruto, Eyeshield21, and Neuro also were an one shot before it became serialized. Furthermore, 12 out of 23 currently ongoing series are started with one shots.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Actually, Kubo wrote an one shot in Akamaru on 2000 which is a prototype for Bleach. And Naruto, Eyeshield21, and Neuro also was an one shot before it became serialized. Furthermore, 12 out of 23 currently ongoing series are started with one shots.
Wasn't aware of the Bleach one-shot.

But still plenty of popular manga have made it without one-shots. (maybe lol I could be jsut as wrong about these as I was about Bleach but I haven't found anything about these) Like Slam Dunk and YuYu Hakusho.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison... Yuusha was a full series while Inumaru and Wajima are both half series. Saying that one replaced the other is a bit... :/
I wasn't talking about the duration of a gag manga but I was just referring that gag manga mostly replace each other. One can get a longer run than another (eg, yusha like you referred to) and it can happen they'll run for some issues two gag manga at the same time but sooner or later, one of them will get the axe.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wasn't aware of the Bleach one-shot.

But still plenty of popular manga have made it without one-shots. (maybe lol I could be jsut as wrong about these as I was about Bleach but I haven't found anything about these) Like Slam Dunk and YuYu Hakusho.
Yep, it had an 1-shot... It came out in Akamaru Jump, and was also reprinted in the official guide book Souls.

Neuro had 2 1-shots before becoming a weekly series (one is Akamaru, and the other in WSJ, iirc...

Even ToLoveRu had a semi-prototype 1-shot, called "Trans Boy", which the "Alien fighting" and "LaLa" as the female protagonist theme was introduced. (Though everything else is quite different :p)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

But still plenty of popular manga have made it without one-shots. (maybe lol I could be jsut as wrong about these as I was about Bleach but I haven't found anything about these) Like Slam Dunk and YuYu Hakusho.
It is true that there are lots of popular manga without one shots. But, there are also lots of big hits manga that began with one shots, like Kinikuman, City Hunter, KochiKame, One Piece, Naruto, Taa-Chan, etc. Also, Inoue did wrote some one shots that were prototype for Slam Dunk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top