- Joined
- Jan 27, 2009
- Messages
- 952
- Reaction score
- 103
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
^Very good point.
1. Bossun's misery IS a source of many a joke and Himeko's is as well.
2. Several puns have been used along the way(Granted more were earlier on then more recently I think.)
3. Sket Dance has had several chapters where they themselves mention Tsukkomi and I think even a few chapters were based entirely on what the hell it is.
I think they have the last indicator but my mind is drawing a blank atm. >.>
^Very good point.
By your criteria Sket may actually be a gag manga though.Hmm... a lot of people seem to have mixed up between Comedy and Gag... Beelze and Sket are in no way "gags", while Gintama is indeed a gag series. Kochikame is a harder one to consider, but everything else is pretty clear on which one it belongs.
To me, I think a gag series has to have the following three criterias when making jokes:
1. Misery of character(s) as a source of joke.
2. Puns.
3. Tsukkomi.
Another optional indicator is relating to pop culture or current events.
1. Bossun's misery IS a source of many a joke and Himeko's is as well.
2. Several puns have been used along the way(Granted more were earlier on then more recently I think.)
3. Sket Dance has had several chapters where they themselves mention Tsukkomi and I think even a few chapters were based entirely on what the hell it is.
I think they have the last indicator but my mind is drawing a blank atm. >.>

