Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

^Oh very nice, can't wait for those to come out.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

OP's looks very nice, but I'm not enthusiastic about the others (DGM's in particular - were there no better colour pages for it? =/ That's the only one I've seen with so many minor characters and few main cast members. Of course, it's the only one I buy, too...). Eh.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I like the cover lol. The more I see stuff about the live action drama thing or whatever, it looks hilarious
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Akamaru website is up! If it says anything interesting about D. Gray Man, please let us know!
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Looks like Dogahi Kaden author returned with new one shot. It looks interesting, and I hope he do better than last one.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

On the Akamaru website, the one on the side that says it has 49p. Is it just me, or just it look a lot like Shaman King?
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

On the Akamaru website, the one on the side that says it has 49p. Is it just me, or just it look a lot like Shaman King?
That's the very first thing I've noticed. I'm very curious about it.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

that's the one by the dogka manga-ka right? either way it screams rip-off to me
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think the editors should have noticed how similar it looked to Shaman King. But, I still like the artwork...
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It does look a lot like Shaman King. Maybe they didn't notice..?

I'm really liking the DGM cover though! Looks like Katsura Hoshino is taking a cue from Amano Akira what with the red blush near Allen's eyes and all (not sure if that's a good thing...).
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It looks too much like Shaman King....I thought it might be some kinda spin off just using another artist. I don't see how it could be anything else with all those unbelieveably obvious similarities to Shaman King.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't really see a Shaman King resemblance. It looks more like Dogashi Kaden's (surprise!) art. As I liked that series, far more then any of the sports series that have come since, I'm very excited about this one shot.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't really see a Shaman King resemblance. It looks more like Dogashi Kaden's (surprise!) art.
Oh yeah, the art style is unquestionably the same. I think what everyone's referring to is what the mangaka drew: the shield thingys, the sword, the floating spirit-y ball of... something... They're all very like Shaman King, even though the art/characters are different. Hopefully, it'll look different in the oneshot.

DGM's cover = awesome. I love it. <3 Now to find a way to BUY it.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

When I first saw the 49pages manga, it really looks like Shaman King. But its still necessary to read the manga before making any further comment.



DGM cover is awesome lol..can't wait XD
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I got a question, when a Jump series got adapted into anime, who decide whether the anime become a standalone from the manga or become a full adaptation of the manga?
It's just that I'm confused, why successful such as Hoshin Engi, Shaman King or Neuro got the the standalone from the manga? not too mention Neuro and Hoshin only got 26 episodes, which off course caused the anime to be inferior from the manga.
It's just that, even with filler, a full adaptation is better than the standalone ones. I hope that Toriko or Mago become a full adaptation even if it has filler.
 

M-Hario

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
615
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

34 名前: ◆EizHb38XPU [sage] 投稿日:2009/08/2(月) 21:15:18 ID:D5TURIn3O
小ネタ
・37ドベ5 サイレン、とら、ぬらり、虜、赤星

サイレン終わたwww\(^O^)/
Bottom 5

Psyren
Medaka
Nurari
Toriko
Akaboshi
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

That's weird, I thought Mago got color this week?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top