Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Right, that's the question. What does it mean if he gets them back...?
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Maybe... uh... for "confirmation" that he doesn't need them anymore? Like, as long as he's with the people who care about him-- He's there because of them... Or that he's moved on...?

I DUNNO!

Just some sort of symbolism. D:
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

hi i m new ,i am a holic(anime) fan but didnt finish it yet
what r ur suggestion should i finish anime then rea manga or should i read manga from the begining
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Hello Shaheer, welcome to the board. ^_^

I humbly suggest reading the manga before finishing the anime, and starting the manga from the beginning. The anime changes a lot of things, including removing a lot of links between "xxxHolic" and "Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles". The two stories are connected, and you lose a lot of those connections in the anime (at least from the episodes I saw). You can also read "Tsubasa" to get the other side of the story (I sometimes trade between the two every few volumes).

I do NOT recommend the "Tsubasa" anime though... It takes out all the good stuff, slows it way down, and then screws up the storyline...

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy!
 
Last edited:

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

thanks ZaCloud ,i appreciate ur help(i chose here cuz ppl r more active in these type of thread rather than generalized) OK ill finish the manga soon to join u guys :D
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Going back to Watanuki's glasses. I was thinking after reading this chapter that perhaps they have more of a symbolic connection between Watanuki and his dad (CShaoran). How he got those glasses out the dream world is another mystery though!
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Wow I can't believe 185 is due to come out in japan tomorrow... I hope the scans are up faster than last week.

Mokona said that Watanuki chose something. Is his choice to wait at the shop to see Yuuko again?
 

Clamporama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

I really, really hope Watanuki doesn't become FWR it fits the story perfectly but that would be horrible. (cries at the thought of it)
On the bright side 185 is coming out tomorrow, hope it answers some questions. (:

------------EDIT
Just noticed something, dunno if its really important but FWR has one of those one eye glasses things on his right eye. I don't think he's Watanuki, its the wrong eye to have the glass thing, also FWR looks nothing like Watanuki. :| He looks more like Clow Reed, and he has the glasses, the love for Yuuko and he just fits clow more then FWR. Though I maybe completely wrong...
 
Last edited:

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

I don't think Watanuki can be FWR for one very important reason. Watanuki is part of this loop, but FWR existed before the loop started with Yuuko and Clow. Because Watanuki was created within this loop, it is impossible for him to exist in any form outside it.
Thats my theory anyway, please tell me if anyone disagrees!!

Oh, and yay one day till 185!! Its sooo nice to not have a break for once!!
 

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

I dont think that Watanuki is part of the loop he is more of a result of the loop... and In a Edited Manga I read it said FWR tried to grant Clow's wish of Yuuko living again which imo implies he knew them and therefor lived in their time...
 

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxholic chapter 1

What reference did she make? I dont think I caught it... but Id like to know :D
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxholic chapter 1

What reference did she make? I dont think I caught it... but Id like to know :D
to quote DelRey on this as found in the Translation Notes section at the end of the first volume

In the 1970's, there was and American television show for very young children called Romper Room in which the host looked at the audience through a mirror frame and said, "I see Tommy, and Anne, and Carol, and ...etc." Of course, she was listing common names, and those with uncommon names were fated to never be "seen" by the host. Japan's version of Romper Room had exactly the same sequence, although the song was a little different (which Maru and Moro sing for us). Do you remember Romper Room? No? That's a generation gap for you.
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

not sayin that theory has an logic or whatever... goin off memory of much of this... b/c i even doubt it true so i havent researched more into it... but i wouldnt surprise me at all if clamp decided to do this in holic just b/c of what they did in TRC.
xxxholic has been so far the story of watanuki and him growin as a person that exists but really shouldnt... right? well it wouldnt surprise me if wata's story is actually clows story as a teenager. lots of people wanna know bout clow right... what better way to do it than hide it in a great story we think is bout someone else and dont find out the truth on who he is til the end... think its a great tactic...

in the beginnin of holic yuuko says never give out your real name...
and he could possibly put that to use later on...

also i dont remember yuuko ever referring to clow as clow when wata was round... it was always him, that guy, creep, but never his name... (*edit* rereading found only one instance in vol 2 of her sayin his name to wata but think that is the only time though)

it is never said what time period wata is in... that i can recall... dunno if was said in holic or TRC but i remember somethin bout how wata was taken to a different place to hide him from FWR... for all we know he could have been taken to the extreme past.. what better place to hide than a place where the one that might be after you doesnt exist...

then another time i think yuuko said that what TRC choices that were made in the present affect the past and the future... TRC choices had started to effect holics world... so that means its in the past or the future... ive been leanin more towards the past...

i know not much to go on... like how the mokonas are there and buncha other things... but what if that is what the egg is for... doumeki has in his hands the power to possibly destroy certain things around wata in order to in a since "create" clow. it also be weird him being his own ancestor but look at TRCs kinda messed up family tree...

i hope they dont make it as so... but again it wouldnt surprise me if clamp decided to... i dont usually post theories and such or really post at all... but hoping maybe me postin this will make it not happen... XD ... like i had a theory bout TRC that for the most part was right but never said anythin just in case i was wrong... LOL... so maybe... maybe me postin will make it not happen... lol...
 
Last edited:

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Im pretty sure wata isnt clow cause of what happens in TRC but clamp is twisted so who knows... it would be fun to see how it would be explained if your theory was correct...
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

i dont want it to be correct... LOL... that why i posted in kinda hopes to jinx it... XD
i had thought of another thing i found kinda interesting or well would be explained if that cracked theory was true...
wata is basically gonna wait for yuuko at the store... think that kinda obvious... maybe even take over her line of work...
if world of holic was the present or future that wouldnt happen... but if it was placed in the extreme past he could actually meet her again...
she did say in the beginnin that her and the creep (clow) were in the same line of work is how they met... if he takes over the store they are in the same line of work... so he could meet a younger yuuko later... and then later cause the events of TRC to happen all over again b/c inside he wished to see her smile again...
but again... really dont have much to back it up... these are the crazy things that come to me in dreams... and i have some really crazy dreams that dont make sense... so in a way tryin to figure out why i dreamed it... lol
 

Tagaticco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Look what i've found out about the next chapter....

thanks to Ghostduster we can now read the entire script of 185 !
Big Spoiler Ahead....you have been warned o_o;

NOTE: if you want to look at a couple of shot from the chapter go read the full version at http://ghostduster.livejournal.com/13073.html

[1]

Watanuki: ... Doumeki.

Doumeki: ... what.

[2-3]

Wata: I'm inheriting this shop.

[4]

Wata: I said for Yuuko-san to grant my first wish... to remove my power to to see spirits. But...

Through this power...

And through this shop, various people -- and those who are not people -- had their wishes granted. To protect this shop ...

I will wait. Forever.

[5]

Wata: Until I can meet Yuuko-san again.

[6]

Doumeki: So you'll go to school and run the shop at the same time?

Watanuki: I won't go.

[SHOCKED EXPRESSION FROM DOUMEKI]

[7]

Watanuki: ... isn't it. I wont go.

I already can't leave this shop.

Doumeki: ... what do you mean.

[8]

Watanuki: That ... is my price. That's why.

[9]

Watanuki: I decided to wait forever, so...

I chose the price of staying within my own "time."

I can't leave this shop.

And I won't age. (I won't take any years.)

Doumeki: ... does that mean you won't die?

[10]

Watanuki: A living thing that cannot die ... that doesn't exist.

No matter what the wish, people die.

[11]

Watanuki: So ... I will also die. Someday, definitely.

But. Until then...

[12]

Watanuki: Until I can meet Yuuko once again,

Forever ... and ever ...

I will continue to wait in this shop.

[13]

[Watanuki STALKS past Doumeki and out to the porch.]

Doumeki: [holding the egg] This is ... his choice...?

[14]

Doumeki: So, this can only be used once ... No. It only needs to be used once.

Surely ... it can't be used for that guy. (??)

[15-16]

[Watanuki walks out onto the porch. Picks up Yuuko's pipe; smokes, coughs. Seems to get used to it, however...]
 
Last edited:

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

actually it is plausible that in a demented way wata and clow are one person... but its really weird cause
I thought wata was another half of sayoran...

but then again the way I understand it yuuko was frozen in her own time until her loop was broken kinda like what happened to sakura so it is possible that clow and wata are the same cause they both wished for her to keep on living... but I dont know... it seems a bit far fetched
 

stepmanga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

WHAT THE F***!!! WATANUKI WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! I must see scans of this! This is terrible! Doumeki do SOMETHING!!!

With what Doumeki says at the end... Is he going to use the egg on himself!!!

Chapter 186 hurry on up now!
 
Last edited:

thaischurrasco2009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

With what Doumeki says at the end... Is he going to use the egg on himself!!!
Actually, someone said in a comment:

Surely ... it can't be used for that guy.

just a small correction, I think that line should actually be translated as "he can't use it." and by "he" Doumeki means Watanuki. It's Doumeki who should use the egg somehow, because Watanuki can't.
 

stepmanga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 184 Discussion/185 Prediction Thread

Actually, someone said in a comment:

Surely ... it can't be used for that guy.

just a small correction, I think that line should actually be translated as "he can't use it." and by "he" Doumeki means Watanuki. It's Doumeki who should use the egg somehow, because Watanuki can't.
Oh thanks for the correction!:tem That does make more sense... still I want to know what Doumeki is going to use the egg for! He just has to fix this somehow. Watanuki is acting completely stupid!!!!:mad
 
Top