Done Fluentish Kansai-ben people! \o/

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I translated Ao No Exorcist and three of the characters speak Kansai-ben. ;_;
I found it hard to understand what they're saying so I'd appreciate it if someone who understand it better than I do can help me. :amuse

The rest is just normal Japanese I've translated, but I'm not sure if it's correct, so I'd appreciate it if someone could look it over to make sure it's right. :3

Here's a link to the RAW: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/46407

Kansai-ben:
-How can you become an Exorcist if ya don't know what it means!? Get serious!!
そんなんも知らんでエクソシストなるいうてんのか! たいがいしいや!

-「マイスター」によって戦い方全然ちごぉてくるんですよ。

Bon's gonna try and push himself to be both a Aria and a Dragoon-
-坊はアリアとドラグーン二つも取るてまた気張ってはるけどなー

-Oh, yeah...Didn't Okumura-sensei also choose to be both a Doctor and Dragoon too?
そーいや。。。奥村先生もドクターとドラグーン二つ取ってはるよ?

-They’re just playing.
遊んでるんやろ

-おう, 冷やしてこい...

-Training camps are supposed to have that sort of fun, right?
合宿ってそういうお楽しみ付きもんでしょ


Other Japanese:
-I pray for success, and even if I fail, I will have failed without regrets!!
-為す所の願いとして成就せずといふことなし!

-I don't want to have to bump you off...
私あなたを消したくないな...

-Seriously, is there really any point to having a camp session in the dorms?
つーか 寮で合宿って意味あんの?

-Because I don’t want to see the likes of you naked. You should understand since we're friends.
だって私あなたに裸みられたくないんだもん.
そういうの友達なんだから判ってよ

-Rin's been a strong friend from the start...
You have no idea what it's like...!
...もともと強くて友達のいる
リンにはわかんないんだよ...!

-I don't like...
earnest people who make fools of themselves.
それと真剣な人をバカにしたりするのも
私は好きじゃない
I'm not really a friend!
そんなの本当の友達じゃないよね!

Thank you!~~~
 
Last edited:

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Kansai-ben:
-How can you become an Exorcist if ya don't know what it means!? Get serious!!
そんなんも知らんでエクソシストなるいうてんのか! たいがいしいや!
You don't even know that, and you're saying you want to become an exorcist! Get real!

-「マイスター」によって戦い方全然ちごぉてくるんですよ。
Depending on the "master" the fighting style changes.

Bon's gonna try and push himself to be both a Aria and a Dragoon-
-坊はアリアとドラグーン二つも取るてまた気張ってはるけどなー
Bon's going to push himself until he gets both Aria and Dragoon.

-Oh, yeah...Didn't Okumura-sensei also cehoose to be both a Doctor and Dragoon too?
そーいや。。。奥村先生もドクターとドラグーン二つ取ってはるよ?
Oh yeah... Didn't Okumura-sensei also get Doctor and Dragoon?

-おう, 冷やしてこい...
Yeah, go cool down...

-Training camps are supposed to have that sort of fun, right?
合宿ってそういうお楽しみ付きもんでしょ
Training camps are supposed to come with that sort of fun, right?

-I pray for success, and even if I fail, I will have failed without regrets!!
-為す所の願いとして成就せずといふことなし!
This is old form of Japanese and when translated to the modern form means:
お願いをさせて頂くことにより成就致します so the translation would be something like:
It is fulfilled by my prayers.

-I don't want to have to bump you off...
私あなたを消したくないな...
I don't want to have to get rid of you...

-Because I don’t want to see the likes of you naked. You should understand since we're friends.
だって私あなたに裸みられたくないんだもん.
そういうの友達なんだから判ってよ
Because I don't want you to see me naked.
You should be able to understand that since we're friends.

-Rin's been a strong friend from the start...
You have no idea what it's like...!
...もともと強くて友達のいる
リンにはわかんないんだよ...!
You wouldn't understand Rin. You've always been strong and had friends...
(I believe this would flow better and keep the context better even though the arrangement of the sentence is reversed from JP to Eng).

-I don't like...
earnest people who make fools of themselves.
それと真剣な人をバカにしたりするのも
私は好きじゃない
I don't like someone who makes a fool out of earnest people.
I'm not really a friend!
そんなの本当の友達じゃないよね!
That's not a true friend.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
*glomps Winterlion*

As always, fantastic work. I'll credit you in the release. ^^
Thank you so much!!!~~
 
Last edited:

haewoon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Quote:
...もともと強くて友達のいる
リンにはわかんないんだよ...!
You wouldn't understand Rin. You've always been strong and had friends...
(I believe this would flow better and keep the context better even though the arrangement of the sentence is reversed from JP to Eng).

I think that we can find better translation of this sentence.

Here the people who hears this word is Rin.

Therefore, I think

You (= Rin) wouldn't understand me. You've always been strong and had friends...

is better.

If the original Japanese sentence is like ...もともと強くて友達のいるあなたにはリンがわかんないんだよ...!, then "You wouldn't understand Rin. You've always been strong and had friends..." is correct.
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
I missed a comma there :darn Thanks for pointing it out haewoon.

It was meant to say: You wouldn't understand, Rin.

And admittedly my Eng isn't very good, but with the proper punctuation there, it should work. :p
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I missed a comma there :darn Thanks for pointing it out haewoon.

It was meant to say: You wouldn't understand, Rin.

And admittedly my Eng isn't very good, but with the proper punctuation there, it should work. :p
Don't worry. I got the meaning, even without the comma. :3
 
Top