ghostexiled's yaoi thread

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This seems like a fun idea... so shoot whatever ya got at me and I will do my best to answer! :D
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Great!! Say, tell us more about yourself.
What's your favourite shonen series and animes?
Ever read shoujo before? :)
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Hello ghostexiled :) Yoroshiku~
Questions:
What sports are you interested in?
What console/PC games do you play?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Great!! Say, tell us more about yourself.
What's your favourite shonen series and animes?
Ever read shoujo before? :)
Well not sure where to start...hrmmmm.

I am currently working for an alternative paper in Kansas City, MO. I went to college and got my BA in Illustration/Commercial Art. I love daydreaming and do it more than I should... :D

My favorites shonen right now are:

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tale, Psyren, Gantz, D Gray Man and just got into Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden. (I realize Gantz is a Seinen... whoops! :D)

As far as any anime... I would not know where to start with that. I have enjoyed and watched all kinds of series. I would say everything above plus:

GTO, Record Lodoss Wars, Heat Guy J, Karas, GunXSword, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7, Dragonball, Blood, all of Satoshi Kon's films, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell... and sooo many more. :D

I am afraid I am not to familiar with anything shoujo... so I don't think so.

Hello ghostexiled :) Yoroshiku~
Questions:
What sports are you interested in?
What console/PC games do you play?
I like sports on a casual level... not a big fan of any sport in particular.

I love video games.... all kinds. I have had almost every console since the Atari. Currently I have just the xbox 360, I had to the Wii... but I traded it for a Wacom tablet for my art. :D No PS3, cause it soooo expensive for me right now. :D

I love RPG's (Japanese ones) First person shooters (love BioShock) and slash em hack em (Devil May Cry)

Right now I waiting for "Brutal Legend" and "Batman: Arkham Asylum"

Anything else... I would love to answer, so keep them coming! :D
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Do you like Starcraft or any other of the current Blizzard games?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

I have not really kept up with the Blizzard games recently... however, I did play the hell outta Starcraft back in High School. :P

I am looking forward to the new Final Fantasy game and looking out for the next installment of Kingdom Hearts though!

I mainly spend my time drawing random things that I think of, there is a link to my art in my sig. Let me know what you guys think! :)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Aaaww, there's like noone playing starcraft on MH ;( And very few persons playing on bnet... Need to move to South Korea >.>
New Final Fantasy game is either going to be awesome or a totally flop, hope it'll be great! :x

Buy Starcraft 2 when it gets released :occa

Imo you're very good ^_^ especially wind warrior is my favourite because the contours are kind of thick and you coloured it "softly"... It's easy for your eyes to look at it and at the same time it's awesome :P

(If you know what I mean -.-'
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

I would love to play games.... I just don't have the time these days to play like I did back in college... ah those were the days. :P

I play games that are easy to get into and out of, these days. With the few exceptions of Square Enix games.

Thanks for the compliment on my piece! I try very hard to make time for some art... I have a new one i am trying to get done, hopefully this weekend I can get to it.

If there is any other questions, I am willing to dish out my know how's! :D
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Are your English skills good enough to proofread an index post I just finished?

Noone else cares to do it T_T
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

born and raised in the U.S.A! hehe (I am not a typical american by any means though!)

I can proof it... is it really long? :P
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

It's not long, it's the index in the sports section, take a look and tell me if something needs to be changed ^_^

You're my personal slave/proofreader/cook now :wtf
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

since I am not a real sports fan and all, you will have to show me the link to the section where I can find it! :P

this is a partnership... no slave ownage here, big guy! :D
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

You can send my some brownies! :D

There is only one thing that I see wrong:

If you notice that there aren't a thread for the sport you wanna discuss - make the thread yourself! Everything that can be classified as a sport is accepted here, whether it's playing football or throwing horseshoes.

Should say isn't

Or you can say, "If you notice that there aren't any threads for the sport..."

other than that... looks good!
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

*sending brownies*

Dankie! :x
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Now that I have earned my brownies... does anyone else have anything I can do for them? :P
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp. :glomp :XD

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later. :lovebunny
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp. :glomp :XD

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later. :lovebunny
Glomps are always welcomed! :p

well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)

I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! :p But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek! :D

I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...

Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

hello, ghost :)

Is there any story behind your nick?
Where exactly do you live in the US?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Shoujo is THE genre to read when it comes to manga. Everything that's not super mainstream yet mindblowing comes from that genre...Oh, apart from School Days... it's sick!!!!!! Shoujo manga is manga aimed to the female audience at the age of like... 12-18 (something like that) and it's often either drama, romance and/or comedy. It circulates around a girl and how she things, with one or more beautiful (fan-service) male character(s) that circulates around her. It's drawn in a way to attract the female audience with a lot of work done on the males to make them look hawt but also at the girls for equalizing the beauty-aspects.

Nevertheless....


It owns :x

Read Skip Beat, Fruits Basket and Ouran High!!! NOW!!!!!

I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?
 
Top