All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congratz for the winners :)

@Tsukisama
that's pretty much his signature on works he make cuz (sasori = scorpion)
And plz try to give us a cool them next week :D
 

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratz Far *-*
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Another congratulations for Farfalla! :confetti

All of the entries for this contest look nice. Sasori, the animated version looks especially prety. I see that there is a scorpion in the corner of the signature. Is there a special significance to that (i.e., something to do with the constellation Scorpio or either of the two characters)?
Thank you Tsukisama ;)

As Akasunanosasori said, the scorpion (in jap sasori) is the stamp used by Sasori (PG from Naruto manga) for his puppets. I used it in others sigs as my personal signature. In this sig the boy in the picture looks like Sasori and the girl is wearing a yukata, for the Tanabata festival :)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thx, again^^
Awn, I thought it was the constelation T.T~ I'm scorpio! (I don't know if that's how you say a "sign" XD sometimes english can be hard ç.ç)
Shining stars >< cool, Sasori!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations to farfalla for taking last contest's win.

and very nice sigs everyone. Btw, scorpios are said to be very stubborn people, no? Anyway, let's see later on who'll take this win ^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you Tsukisama ;)

As Akasunanosasori said, the scorpion (in jap sasori) is the stamp used by Sasori (PG from Naruto manga) for his puppets. I used it in others sigs as my personal signature. In this sig the boy in the picture looks like Sasori and the girl is wearing a yukata, for the Tanabata festival :)
congratz for the winners :)

@Tsukisama
that's pretty much his signature on works he make cuz (sasori = scorpion)
And plz try to give us a cool them next week :D
Ah, right. Thanks for reminding me. :sweatbunny
I guess I was just getting a little too wrapped up in the star theme to realize something so obvious. (Sasori = scorion :facepalm) Still, it would have been cool if the Scorpio constellation had been worked too; that way, the scorpion theme would have worked on more levels. :amuse It's still a very nice signature though. :nod

@Akasunanosasori You don't like this contest's theme? :worrybunny
We always try to come up with interesting themes, but I guess sometimes we fall a little short; so, Koen and I will hopefully be able to come with one you will enjoy. :tem
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

they are! at least, the ones I know XD
Lol, talking about constellations is quite curious. My grandmother was a scorpio and she said: they were known because they are very stubborn. So that's why I posted that over here

well anyway, I am not a sorpio but an aquarius and we're in the aquarius' age now for a long time (iirc 2 millenia). I am proud because it is said that during constellation ages, people of that constellation will have an important meaning to the world :p
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I hope so^^ since my boyfriend is also aquarius... maybe he'll give me an amazing life xP *selfish* kidding... hope he can be important to others the way he is to me^^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Aquarius are quite good people: they are known to be very social and to have a lot of friends because they find companionship very important. You're very safe farfalla ;)
The only negative point I know: they are very emotional but they express themself as very cold. So tough to know when we are emotional
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Aquarius are quite good people: they are known to be very social and to have a lot of friends because they find companionship very important. You're very safe farfalla ;)
The only negative point I know: they are very emotional but they express themself as very cold. So tough to know when we are emotional
I'm Aquarius :D
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm Aquarius :D
Join the group :XD

Isn't that the sign/star which says: "akasunanosasori, participate in this thme" :p
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Just as a bit of a reminder/official announcement, you may have noticed the Summer Signature Contest announced here. The winning submission of the current contest will be the last submission in this seasonal signature contest. (The winning submissions in this seasonal signature contest go back to Contest #57-58.)

Please watch for further details on this contest and be sure to vote for your favorite signature of the summer! :whoabunny
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

He was born on a friday, 13th XD We have something in Brazil called "summer... time"? XD I don't know if you guys have it too... in the summer, we change our clocks to use sun light for more time. So, he was born the day we start it, ha pass for two midnights, on a friday 13th XD He might be a lucky guy^^"
I dont think he's cold, at least. Scorpio can be a pain in the ***, and he's rly sweet to me^^ I think a good Aquarius feature is creativity.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm an Aquarius too. :amuse And yes, our time has come! :kukuku
Ahem...

We change clocks here in the spring (March) and in the autumn (October).
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

a lot of Aquarius people here :O. i'm a Libra though :amuse
 

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

How about signs for the next theme?? People seem into it :amuse ...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

How about signs for the next theme?? People seem into it :amuse ...
We'll take that suggestion into consideration, but I sort of feel it would be a tad redundant given that the current theme is 'stars,' into which astrology could easily fit.

[sizept=1]Also, to join in the astrology fun, I'm a Cancer. :hbunny[/sizept]
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

We'll take that suggestion into consideration, but I sort of feel it would be a tad redundant given that the current theme is 'stars,' into which astrology could easily fit.

[sizept=1]Also, to join in the astrology fun, I'm a Cancer. :hbunny[/sizept]
It's still a good idea though. :p Anyways, whatever theme you come up with, I'm sure it's gonna be interesting as always. :amuse
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

why don't u guys open a suggestion topic so ppl can suggest themes for the next SOTW .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top