The 2009 Summer Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Hey, just noticed... the artists themselves can vote on their own entries =O Is there some way of fixing this?
Is there a problem with the artists being able to vote for themselves? :?bunny
Even if they vote for themselves, we are assuming that others will vote besides just the artists.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

"Eh....how could you do that...the contest started in mid July and you could have submitted something before you go to China. Anyway, I'll hope to see your entries in future. ^^"

I usually go back and "fix" parts since I find things that I think could be better when I look at them again, that's why. I figured on bringing my external so I could work on it some more at my uncle's before submitting, but somehow I forgot to put it in my bag before leaving. :(

"On other news, we're sad to inform that no voting is gonna be held for both of the Coloring Battles and the Creativity Contests, due to lack of participants. We want to hear your inputs on this - should we kill those categories, stick with them, change something? We got a bit sad over this, as the Coloring Battle was created due to user requests, and the Creativity one was just something new we wanted to test...

So comment, please ^^ "

Hm... maybe you could try voting for a panel/page to be colored? Say you guys pick a bunch of existing linearts with the artists' permission and have people vote for the one they want to color. That way the people who color (and the people who see the finished pieces) get some say in what they want to color.

"Hey, just noticed... the artists themselves can vote on their own entries =O Is there some way of fixing this?"

If all the people that vote are just the artists, then everyone ties for first place! :D Haha, it's not really something to worry about.
 
Last edited:

Amzy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

On other news, we're sad to inform that no voting is gonna be held for both of the Coloring Battles and the Creativity Contests, due to lack of participants. We want to hear your inputs on this - should we kill those categories, stick with them, change something? We got a bit sad over this, as the Coloring Battle was created due to user requests, and the Creativity one was just something new we wanted to test...

So comment, please ^^
I wanted to join the Advanced Coloring Battle, but the lineart was too overwhelming for me to take on... That and it wasn't a particular lineart I was interested in coloring. The lack of interest in the provided lineart may have also been the reason for no entries for the Amateur Coloring Battle. I was surprised that nobody entered the Amateur Coloring Battle, though, because I thought Bleach is fairly popular. Maybe you should offer the participants a variety of linearts to choose from next time if you decide to keep these categories.

I was actually planning on joining the Creativity Battle too, but I never got around to finishing my entry. :facepalm Maybe you can garner more participants if you changed it to something specific? Like say, an AMV contest? I guess it's hard for people to know where to start if you just say they can do anything they want. It might also be unfair to judge which entry is more "creative" if they're totally different mediums in the first place.
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Is there a problem with the artists being able to vote for themselves? :?bunny
Even if they vote for themselves, we are assuming that others will vote besides just the artists.
......I believe in many cases the pride of the Artist will prevent this..... :blink (I do feel so, for my own entry....)

[tsuki]I suppose that also prevents whatever problem the user who raised this question felt :hbunny[/tsuki]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: nat

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

The voting will end in a few hours! RUUUUUUUUUUN! :D
 

Sunny.

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
11
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Ahhh now i know how the voting works this time D:
 

jamjamstyle

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
1,827
Gender
Male
Country
North Pole
Re: The Summer Art Contest

When will the results appear today of the contests? :)
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Today, but a bit later xD
I'm still working on some stuff, so I'm really sorry about the lateness...just hold on a bit! :3
 

jamjamstyle

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
1,827
Gender
Male
Country
North Pole
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Today, but a bit later xD
I'm still working on some stuff, so I'm really sorry about the lateness...just hold on a bit! :3
No prob, was just wondering. Take your time ;)
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Results are out, check the 1st post! Congratulations to our winners, thanks for the hard work! :D

(prizes are coming guys!)
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: The Summer Art Contest

:wtf Thank you :wtf
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Congratulation to all winners and thanks to all participants, you gave me a hard time deciding whom to vote for ;)
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Silver medal!!! \o/

*take the medal*
MY PRECIOUS!!! <_>
 

Amzy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
74
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Congrats to all the winners! I look forward to the future contests. :)
 

Sunny.

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
11
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Gz to all the winners! I think I've to pull of sth. really big next time so I can get in first xD
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

COOL! 1st Place *-*
thankx guys \o\
 

naruto+4s

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Summer Art Contest

congrats
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Congratulations to everyone who won : D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top