Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If Asou come back with gag series, I'm not going to be happy about it. There are already lots of gag manga, why we need another one.
 

y A M A T O

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
220
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi T___T well, we knew it. if there's a justice, Medaka and Kagijin are going to do the same very soon.
Glad to not see Psyren in the bottom 5

By the way, Neko Wappa?! Really?! I really liked the one-shot!
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Kind of surprised new series are coming so early this year, in the fifties rather than the single digits. Not much of a big deal. Akaboshi was inevitable. I feel bad for the fans. Here's the RTS for Neko Wappa! for anyone who forgot about it. I'm not overly excited about it being serialized but I've been wrong about series before. I am very excited about Asou - sensei's return. Yushagaku looked like a really interesting series. Can we assume Kagijin will end in issue 50 even though the announcement has not come yet? I'm still holding my breath Medaka will survive. I've got very little hope but until a third new series is announced I'll hold my breath.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Neko Wappa doesn't look so interesting, although, I went through the one-shot and I saw some interesting things. But it can't compare to Akaboshi.. ;-; ... yet...
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Ok WTF?! The last 4-5 times this series hit the bottom 5 it gets another color the week after. What utter bullshit. Mago didn't even get this kind of help back when it was struggling despite better volume sales too. Freaking Kuroko.

Anyway, time for another round of new series I don't intend to read. Not like anyone actually translated the last round though. If Lilienthal actually tanks no one may even bother.

If Asou come back with gag series, I'm not going to be happy about it. There are already lots of gag manga, why we need another one.
Maybe they intend to get rid of Wajimania or another gag series to replace it. Or someone like Miura from Bakuman has taken over the Jump Editiorial Department. =P
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Ok WTF?! The last 4-5 times this series hit the bottom 5 it gets another color the week after. What utter bullshit.
Well, I kind of get why they're keeping it alive. It'll be used for E21's replacement until a better sport series gets serialized.

Any info on Asou's earlier works btw? I can't seem to find any of his stuff on MH?
 

y A M A T O

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
220
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Kind of surprised new series are coming I'm still holding my breath Medaka will survive. I've got very little hope but until a third new series is announced I'll hold my breath.
The third series will be HxH :D:D:D
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

^Another Dragonquest game is coming, I wouldn't have much hope for that.

Well, I kind of get why they're keeping it alive. It'll be used for E21's replacement until a better sport series gets serialized.

Any info on Asou's earlier works btw? I can't seem to find any of his stuff on MH?
It is a poor replacement from the start. Plus if this isn't the anniversary color that means it STILL is going to get another in the upcoming weeks.

I remember Yuushagaku but I never actually read it myself.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

His only other series was Yusha Gaku which managed to last a year, heavy pimping was involved. Only three chapters were scanlated but it did look pretty good. It was the series a lot of people who posted here at that time wanted to end so some craptacular action series would survive. It was not an 8p. gag series like Jaguar but a 20p series like Gintama. I expect the same again, his new series will not be a potential replacement for Waji, it won't be prepped as a replacement for any gag series.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Maybe they intend to get rid of Wajimania or another gag series to replace it.
If Asou's new work is replacement for Wajimania, then is that mean Kagijin is not going to get axed this round?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Asou is not a gag manga author. As I said it won't be a replacement for Waji. He would have to drastically change his style and page count from Yusha to now for that to happen. Expect a Gintama/Hayate style comedy series. Waji is not taking the bullet for Kagijin. Kagijin is as good as dead.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi ended without warning T_T Such a shame since the story was getting pretty good. Kagijin has to end or I'll get mad :C
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well all the low series' are low, what else is new.

Jump must be feeling generous to not have canceled Kagijin after all this time of being last. But I suppose Akaboshi was last for around the same amount of time and it got this long.

Maybe they were just waiting to see how the first tankoubon of Akaboshi would sell? It's just gotten about as many weeks of being on sale to tell how popular it is.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well all the low series' are low, what else is new.

Jump must be feeling generous to not have canceled Kagijin after all this time of being last. But I suppose Akaboshi was last for around the same amount of time and it got this long.

Maybe they were just waiting to see how the first tankoubon of Akaboshi would sell? It's just gotten about as many weeks of being on sale to tell how popular it is.
Akaboshi still had a collective higher ranking than Kagijin though. Kagijin has been dead last since its 2nd ranked chapter. I do expect to see its end within the next month.

Maybe the sales had something to do with it yeah.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

We had plenty of warning about Akaboshi. Since ranking it has only been out of the bottom five twice. Kagijin will probably be canceled in issue 50 or 51, space needs to be made for a two new series. Akaboshi has more chapters, usually when two go the longer one ends before the shorter.
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi gone huh. well, we all knew it was coming up, and probably Kagijin will be next.

rumor for Neko Wappa turned out to be true. if Naoshi Komi comes back, I'll be partying.

and tough luck for Rilienthal, but its better than Kuroko or Medaka, so i guess thats somewhat better. a bit surprised that Hokenshitsu seems to be free of the bottom yet.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It was suspected that Akaboshi would end yeah, but I still feel sorry for it.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Neko Wappa? ._.
they didn't have anything better than that? all the new series are failing in some way or the other and it doesn't look like this one will be any diffrent - or do they intend to do them short so that the next crap can come in and repeat this until they find something worth keeping? :s weird editorial department
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Jumps marketing slogan is "throw shit at the wall, see what sticks". If Neko is good, all the better for me. More to read. If not it will be gone in three months, possibly replaced by something better.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Ha, I guess none of Jump's heavy hitters are taking a chance at bat. The first series that debuts is suppose to be the most likely to succeed right? Makes me wonder what the 2nd manga that comes will be.

and tough luck for Rilienthal, but its better than Kuroko or Medaka, so i guess thats somewhat better. a bit surprised that Hokenshitsu seems to be free of the bottom yet.
It is still a bit early for it but Kagijin also debuted in the bottom 5 so who knows.

Hokenshitsu is still what has surprised me most so far. Could it be an unexpected dark horse? Well, time will tell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top