Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman32x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

haha so It's finally coming back, huh? Well, I don't read HXH but I'm happy for you guys! That hiatus must have sucked...
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

HxH is back! Huzzah! :D
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hunter x Hunter's back!! Hell ya!!!! lol Wajima is clearly not enough room for Hunter x Hunter so I'm pretty sure something else will get canceled. Probably Medaka Box if I had to guess right now.
Neko replaces Akaboshi, Asou's series replaces Waji. Yusha Gaku was only about 14 or 15, the new one should be about the same. They won't cancel a third full length series for that. Hunter will fill the void Kagijin is leaving. I could be wrong but I think it will happen like that. I'm also guessing there will not be any new series in issue 1 - 4. HxH will probably last another 10 chapters with the next wave of new series coming when it leaves in March.
 

wingman32x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It doesn't say for how long HXH is coming back for, but seeing as how the last 3 were all 10 chapters, probably 10 chapters. That's usually announced with the first issue of it.
they announce in the mag when it's leaving again? I don't really understand that.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Usually in the first issue of each group of 10 it says something like "will continue like this for 10 weeks" or "from this issue will appear for 10 consecutive issues" in the insert texts along with "serialization finally resumed!" and other such things they put in their popular series. You can check the old Edited Mangas or old issue raws if you want.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Where's mago?
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

wow.. Rilienthal is so high... almost too high to make me wonder if its just a hype by the editors.

and yeah, where IS mago?
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

What the hell, Rilienthal is really high considering it's previous ranking. For a new series to spike like that, it's pretty insane, it broke the top 5.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mago number three, two words: fucking awesome
 
Last edited:

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The Lillenthal situation is just unknown now: is this editor hype just due to the end of Wajimania or something else? All that we really know is that...well, Mago's recent winning streak better be noticed by someone so we can get an anime sometime in 2010, whether Spring or Fall.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

i somehow miss ane-doki there .__.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Inumaru dashi's and Rilienthal's position is the other way around. In the Japanese spoiler this was implied by the small "tsu" (いぬっ) which is the same as in Inumaru dashi (いぬまるだしっ)

As for Ane-doki, it's sandwiched between Sket Dance and Bakuman.
Also, found this piece here over at 2ch (Preview for SWOT):


It's Takagi from Bakuman...lol.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Inumaru dashi's and Rilienthal's position is the other way around. In the Japanese spoiler this was implied by the small "tsu" (いぬっ) which is the same as in Inumaru dashi (いぬまるだしっ)
oh that explains a lot (i knew someone was going to get confused eventually :p)
so Rilienthal is not in the top 5, but still thats a huge improvement from last time.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

So, actually Rilienthal is in middle, not top 5. However, it doesn't mean it is safe. Possibly Rilienthal is just having one good week, like Akaboshi. So, if Rilienthal drops back to bottom 5 on next week, it is still in danger.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mago once again does amazing! Rilienthal goes up a considerable amount. I was about to crap myself when I thought it was in the top five lol. Bakuman and Psyren are sadly too low :( hope they go back up next week.

Neko replaces Akaboshi, Asou's series replaces Waji. Yusha Gaku was only about 14 or 15, the new one should be about the same. They won't cancel a third full length series for that. Hunter will fill the void Kagijin is leaving. I could be wrong but I think it will happen like that. I'm also guessing there will not be any new series in issue 1 - 4. HxH will probably last another 10 chapters with the next wave of new series coming when it leaves in March.
I was thinking that since next week they are resuming running more oneshots that they would need extra room to continue putting them in, but I guess with Hunter x Hunter back, oneshots will stop running for a little while longer which is unfortuante cause I really enjoy seeing them.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Rilienthal rose up further to the middle than I was expecting. I thought it might just barely be out of the bottom 5.

Mago is still sticking to high places. I'd love if it kicked Bleach out of that number 2 spot this week while it was at it. I'd have loved to see Toriko a bit higher as well.

It looks like ane doki managed to recover a little bit from its fall last week though it could plummet again next week for all we know.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The Lillenthal situation is just unknown now: is this editor hype just due to the end of Wajimania or something else? All that we really know is that...well, Mago's recent winning streak better be noticed by someone so we can get an anime sometime in 2010, whether Spring or Fall.
There is a drama CD coming out in December, so there is a good chance Mago will get one of Jump's next anime. After Tegami Bachi's anime turned out to be such a disaster I am a little skittish. I'd like to see a really good studio attached before I watch. Same goes to Sket, though I have a feeling J.C. Staff will animate which would be fine with me.

I was thinking that since next week they are resuming running more oneshots that they would need extra room to continue putting them in, but I guess with Hunter x Hunter back, oneshots will stop running for a little while longer which is unfortuante cause I really enjoy seeing them.
Forgot about the one shots. Yeah, that's the space HxH fills.

Asô Shûichi /Shinseiki Idol Densetsu - Kanata Seven Change - Girochin no Masaosensei (New Series, 36 Pages, & Color)
Naruto
Bleach
Nurarihyon no Mago
Neko Wappa (29 Pages & Color)
Inumaru
Reborn
Beelzebub
Gintama
Toriko
Kashikoi Ken Rilienthal
Kochi Kame
Sket Dance
Ane Dokî
Bakuman
Psyren
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Wasshoi! Waji Mania (End)
Kuroko no Basket
Medaka Box
Jaguar
One Piece (Absent)

However you look at it, Rilienthal had a pretty good third week. I would hate to start comparing it's performance to Akaboshi after three chapters. That is just kind of mean. Rising out of the bottom five after three chapters is pretty good, I think. If it falls back down, to bad, but rebounding this early is still pretty impressive. I'm curious about chapter three now :tem
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

There is a drama CD coming out in December, so there is a good chance Mago will get one of Jump's next anime. After Tegami Bachi's anime turned out to be such a disaster I am a little skittish. I'd like to see a really good studio attached before I watch. Same goes to Sket, though I have a feeling J.C. Staff will animate which would be fine with me.
Agree with you kaiten, the anime is a disaster. Although I think it's not entirely studio pierrot's fault. Tegami Bachi's style is just hard to transfer into anime. I really hope Mago would get either Sunrise, Bones, Toei Animation, or Production I.G. I especially hope it would be with Bones or I.G., although I know that's impossible. But hey, a man can dream.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Kaiten, in the fixed ToC there are two Rilienthals.

Moderator Notice:
Fixed ^^~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The Lillenthal situation is just unknown now: is this editor hype just due to the end of Wajimania or something else? All that we really know is that...well, Mago's recent winning streak better be noticed by someone so we can get an anime sometime in 2010, whether Spring or Fall.
Spring 2010 is way too early for a Mago anime. Fall, maybe, but generally receiving an anime in two years is for massive hits. I would guess that Spring 2011 would be more likely for an anime, although I wouldn't rule out a fall debut.

Sket Dance and Toriko are more likely to get anime in 2010, I think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top