Discussion What Manga are you reading/Going to read next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I tried Jormungand, not impressed. Not a horrible series but kind of like Black Lagoon: as a manga it's a bit sparse but would make a sensational anime.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Resumed reading Girls Bravo. Mainly so I can get this shameless harem out of the way and into my completion list.

Also recently started Omamori Himari. It has been entertaining in its own way. I don't expect "great" things from it but I'm up for a pleasant surprise.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I caught up with Natsume Yuujinchou. Wow. A truly brilliant series. For anyone who wants something with more emotional depth than the average manga, this is a good one to read. Reminds me of Mushishi or manga by Igarashi Daisuke. A must read series.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

got back into Vagabond and Change123 but since snoopycool dropped the project, chapters are very scarce.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I've caught up with Psyren now! :whoo I've enjoyed reading it so far and I'm sure it'll only get better! :)

:amuse I'm taking my time reading Monster & Vagabond. Right now, I'm finishing up with Darker than Black and I'll probably start reading Tegami Bachi or Vinland Saga afterwards. :tem
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I tried Jormungand, not impressed. Not a horrible series but kind of like Black Lagoon: as a manga it's a bit sparse but would make a sensational anime.
It's definitely not the greatest manga ever made but it's a fun and easy read I find.

Finished reading Line, it was "meh".

Read the first two volume of Drifting Classroom, I wish someone would continue to scanlate it... ;_____;

Now back to Crying freeman.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I always avoided Line because it's by the mangaka of Anne Freaks - worst manga I've ever read.

Shame that even the tanks of Drifiting Classroom are hard to find now. Classic series.


I finished Sabuka no Tami a one volume manga by the great Miyazaki Hayao. A hidden gem from 1969, Sabuka is the story of a central Asian peoples fight for freedom from an oppressive nomadic tribe. Originally serialized in a newspaper targeting children it is a surprisingly complex, tragic story about repression, war and the confusion and anger they breed. Absolutely classic, thanks to Hox for unearthing it!
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

About to start reading Souten Kouro. Looks very interesting. It was serialized in Weekly Morning and ran for 36 volumes. Lion of Genesis has recently started scanning it. They have done 3 chapters so far.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

i am reading Kekkaishi right now, and so far i am enjoying it :amuse

P.S. i am hoping for Di[e]ce to have a regular monthly Edited Manga updates... i am currently dying to know what's going to happen next... TT__TT
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Reading Darker Than Black was sooo depressing to say the least! Phew...that manga drained all my energy ..lol and I don't even know why! I wouldn't even rate that manga tbh.

I caught up with Black God a while ago...:o no new chapter since Nov 09! It doesn't have a particularly strong story but it's an enjoyable read imo. :amuse

I've just started reading Tegami Bachi. Edit: Dropped! :notrust
 
Last edited:

Sayumi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
121
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I've just finished Bloody Monday and caught up with Bloody Monday 2. 'Tis ok, plenty of twists and excitement but also shonen clichés..

Currently trying to read Gintama but it hasn't really got me hooked : / Maybe after 100 chapters or so..
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

started reading Mahou Sensei Negima! yesterday, seems decent but there's so many characters to remember. :darn
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Just read Yowaito Nikki.Was an enjoyable read and it had a nice twist with nice scenes.
 

Qc_stryder

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

started reading Sora no Otoshimono. sofar its a pretty good and a hilarious manga that everyone should give a try:amuse give it a shot:thumbs
 

Luceid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
12
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Started and caught up with the latest chapter of Burning Hell. Four chapters (well, what I found) so far, but I have enjoyed it. The description given doesn’t give it justice. However the series is a bit mature, so I guess one needs to be over a certain age. Blah, blah, blah.

I’m about to begin BioMeat , as it was suggested by a friend. So here’s hoping.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I just read the Yellow Book. A collection of four stories, Yellow Book's four short stories cover themes of literature, family, and love. Not a manga that will blow minds but a subtle, well written, and memorable.

I also read the first story from FURUYA Usamaru's mind f**k Garden, titled Garden of Illusion: the Origin of Nudity. Expect a mix of philosophy, surrealism, and nudity. Not something for everyone but I liked it. I'll read his series Happiness next. More of a conventional manga but very interesting looking. His debut, Palepoli is one of the most original manga I've ever read. Shonen fans who know Furuya sensei from Genkaku Picasso would be shocked to read his more "typical" work.
 
Last edited:

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I also read the first story from FURUYA Usamaru's mind f**k Garden, titled Garden of Illusion: the Origin of Nudity. Expect a mix of philosophy, surrealism, and nudity. Not something for everyone but I liked it. I'll read his series Happiness next. More of a conventional manga but very interesting looking. His debut, Palepoli is one of the most original manga I've ever read. Shonen fans who know Furuya sensei from Genkaku Picasso would be shocked to read his more "typical" work.
You make this guy's manga sound very interesting. Never heard of him but now I have to check him out. I'll start with Garden and get back with my opinion later. ;)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Depending on what you read he can get pretty twisted ;)
His more recent series are relatively conventional though.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

re reading liar game pretty siqq. picking up stuff i didnt the first time round. a worthy re-read unfrotunetly most mangas arent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top